Announcements
Start | Stop

Welcome to a world where love and friendship create the strongest of spells, and where an adventure can be found beyond every twist and turn. A world where all kinds of creatures find themselves in situations of a positively ludicrous nature, day after day, even! In such a world, where "normal" is relative, and mundane is anything but; what sort of journey will you find yourself on today?

• • •

Starting on the In-character date of Mid-June 2019, Journeys Across Equestria's first "Post Reboot" Story Arc will begin. When the latest Lunar Eclipse refuses to pass, Luna and Celestia find themselves cut off from the Moon and Realm of Dreams! Meanwhile, children everywhere are suddenly and inexplicably falling into a deep magical slumber, where they are tormented by terrible nightmares! Who, or what could possibly be responsible?!

To learn more about this upcoming event, please visit the Blood Moon Information and General Discussion thread in the Inn. If you want one or more of your characters to participate in this event, let us know here! The cutoff date for players who wish to participate in this event is May 11th, 2014.

• • •

In order to lessen spam and messages from bots, users are required to register a username for, and log into the Cbox in order to use it.

We are currently accepting Canon Character applications! A list of available characters can be found here, the thread to "claim" a character can be found here, and the audition thread itself can be found here.

Congratulations to JM95 for winning the role of Spike the Dragon, although this turn of events also means that he has voluntarily given up the role of Cheese Sandwich, putting him up for grabs along with all of the other available Canon Character roles.

As a reminder, if there are at least TWO auditions for the same character, a poll will be held within three days of the last audition made for that character. Additional auditions will be accepted at that time, but the deadline will not be extended. In three days after the poll has been started, the votes will be counted, and the winner will be announced, as with the old method.

To those of you that play Canon Characters: It is encouraged that you play your Canon Characters as often as you can, within reason. The JAE staff realizes that it can be more difficult to play certain characters in a day to day situation than others, (Such as one of the Princesses, in comparison to say... Pinkie Pie.) so in some cases, leniency is exercised. Still, it never hurts to make a thread that involves a character, that for once, doesn't involve the fate of Equestria hanging in the balance.

Journeys Across Equestria is a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Roleplay Forum set five years after the show. A 100 word count minimum for posts is enforced for all In-Character posts.

Our TVTropes Page: LINK

Date: June 2019 A.D (After Discord)
Current Events: Blood Moon
Description: When the Sisters are cut off from the Moon and the Realm of Dreams, a dark presence makes itself known in Equstria as children everywhere fall into a magically-induced slumber, plagued by terrible nightmares!
This site appears best in Chrome, Firefox and Opera browsers.

Our Affiliates
Equestrian LegendsWars of Equestria
The Fun Has Been Doubled!
Our Banner
Journeys Across Equestria: What stories will you discover on your travels?

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

The Death Of Music, {Tsu}
Tsukiko
 Posted: Jun 5 2014, 03:19 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 26

They raced through two alleys and cut two streets, Kingin almost being hit by a car in the second one, but barely dodging it by briefly lifting the sewer hole lid as a platform for a single jump. The park wasn't far now... And the moment they got there, the two Kingins locked eyes, and the shadow that was there has just left.

"This is no mistaking... This is my doppelganger.", the one that just led the Doctor there spoke, while the other remained silent. This other one... Something was off... Was he disappearing?

"Why did you pose as me? And who do you work for?", the real one inquired, but the doppelganger didn't respond.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Moon Shard // Werewolf Pegasus // Colt
Sun Shard // Half-Vampony Unicorn // Filly
Utopia "Dream Reaper" // Unicorn // Mare
Kagerou // Eastern Dragon // Male
Xiaomai // Earth Qilin // Buck
Kingin // Unicorn // Stallion
Extra Data
Haretake - Kogane's bamboo sprout, planted in the garden behind her room, given by Dandelion. She personally cares of him at all times.
Kon-Kon - A Take Gitsune (Bamboo Fox). A small fox-like creature made of aged bamboo stalks, bulbs, brown-red bamboo leaves and with a pair of faintly glowing green for eyes, most likely a cub. After sneaking into Purple Cloud's saddlebag while she was in Mane-ji and causing her some trouble, he has now become Purple Cloud's pet, and has a thing for drinking her tea or eating fruits. All he says is what sounds like a "Kon!".
PM
Doctor Whooves
 Posted: Jun 9 2014, 01:39 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Canon Characters
Member No.: 65

The Doctor noticed the second Kingin, and immediately pulled out his sonic screwdriver. "Wait just a minute!" He adjusted the levels of sound energy being radiated from his screwdriver. He needed to do something, whether it be figuring out where they were headed, or disrupting the spell enough to ask a few more questions. "Do you recognize me? I gave you a key to my box. I asked if you wanted to travel with me. Nothing has changed from that request, and I would appreciate it if you stayed, and explained a few things. No harm will come to you, I swear."

user posted image
PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: Jun 9 2014, 02:57 PM

Advanced Member

The doppelganger's tails split up, stretching out... For a brief moment.... Silence A tone of sepia has overtaken everything, except the doctor and this doppelganger's bodies. Water, air, life... Everything was still... Except those two.

The disappearing stopped... Briefly. "Sorry, my friend... I can no longer exist in this world... The longer I exist, the more conflicting my nature will be with his...", he gave a sad glance to Kingin, the real deal, "He... He cannot know yet, it is not his time... But he is the real me, the me that died long ago and brought great pain to Inari. Should I exist for too long, he will start to fade away, little by little, losing long past, up to recent past, his magic will disappear and he will fall seriously sick... This Time Freezing spell prevents such harm from happening, of course... But, the moment I undo this, I will cease to exist in this world and return to my father's mind."

"I hope you understand... Doctor Whooves. Though I will be happy if I live with my dad again..."

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Extra Data
Haretake - Kogane's bamboo sprout, planted in the garden behind her room, given by Dandelion. She personally cares of him at all times.
Kon-Kon - A Take Gitsune (Bamboo Fox). A small fox-like creature made of aged bamboo stalks, bulbs, brown-red bamboo leaves and with a pair of faintly glowing green for eyes, most likely a cub. After sneaking into Purple Cloud's saddlebag while she was in Mane-ji and causing her some trouble, he has now become Purple Cloud's pet, and has a thing for drinking her tea or eating fruits. All he says is what sounds like a "Kon!".
PM
Doctor Whooves
 Posted: Jun 12 2014, 07:38 PM

Advanced Member

"No, no, no what you're explaining is a paradox! We can figure this out! Just, give me more time! I could find you a different world! A different universe! It's infinite out there! There's so much to see! If you return to your father's mind, you won't be you anymore! You might think that somehow you'll still be yourself, but you won't. You'll be him. And eventually, he'll think back to you sadly." Images flashed of his own companions. "He created you, because he wanted to bring some part of this stallion back. Because the pain was too much to bear. What's stopping that pain from coming again, by losing you?"

"I'm a master of changing fate. Let me change yours." He just needed a chance. Just a chance. He couldn't just... He glanced back at the other Kingin. If he lost the Kingin he knew, then he'd inevitably want to take this one with him to see the stars. And if he said yes, then it was inevitable that the reason Kingin dies was because of traveling with him. Which meant he was talking to Kingin's ghost. He was seeing his own future.

user posted image
PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: Jun 12 2014, 07:53 PM

Advanced Member

"I know it all... My father told me... I was meant to awaken to be the fox that was once his son. However, my existance threatens the real son of his that had been reborn several times since... I have been secretely watching the real me, and I think he is happy. If he is happy, so am I."

He then continued to disappear... Or rather, crumble like a clay vase. "Do not tell him... Not yet... Say Inari is... Proud... Of... Him...", Once he crumbled completely... Time resumed. The real Kingin was confused. "Eh?! Where did he go?! Did he... Teleport? In less than a tenth of second?"

There was nothing left of the fake one... But the Doctor could see Inari seated on a branch, with a joyful smug.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Extra Data
PM
Doctor Whooves
 Posted: Jun 17 2014, 12:37 PM

Advanced Member

So... Things weren't how he had thought. It wouldn't be the first time he had been wrong. Certainly wouldn't be the last. Kingin's words inspired guilt to leave him. At least they'd be happy. The Doctor glanced at Inari with a smile and a nod. He turned back to the original Kingin, smile growing. "He's gone. He won't ever bother you again. However, there's still the matter of the singing and the break-ins."

A flicker of his old self bled through in his eyes. It was adventure. "If you'd accompany me, we could get to the bottom of this, and you won't have to worry about your own shop getting broken into. I have quite a track record of fixing problems such as this."

user posted image
PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: Jun 17 2014, 01:01 PM

Advanced Member

Inari has just disappeared, satisfied with how smooth things went. Kingin looked at the doctor and nodded with a smile. "Certainly! I bet it is going to be fun! Though I do wonder... What was that doppelganger after? Why do I feel like I have seen him in my early days? And what was this feeling that I had in the back of my head a while ago? I guess those things will answer themselves..."

"Now, on to solve the mystery of the ghost song! ... I guess I... Just stole your spotlight, Doctor. Sorry, my bad, I'll will contain myself.", Kingin blushed and chuckled nervously.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Extra Data
PM
Doctor Whooves
 Posted: Jun 17 2014, 01:45 PM

Advanced Member

This Kingin was certainly something. The Doctor caught himself still smiling. How odd. He hadn't smiled this much since he had regenerated. Things were looking up. It was a new day. And there was adventure to be had! "My spotlight is big enough for the both of us, Kingin. Now, come along! Let us begin our search at your friend's ceramic store."

The Doctor, in the meanwhile, pulled out his sonic screwdriver and scanned the area. He could still hear the singing, perfectly... The sound waves in the area were resonating from the very street... Perhaps something underground? Hm...

user posted image
PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: Jun 17 2014, 02:01 PM

Advanced Member

After another run for it, albeit not as rushed as the previous one, they would soon find themselves at said store. The guy had been reluctant to let them investigate the store, but Kingin managed to get through him by promising no harm would come. Aside from small debris of former pieces, everything seemed brand new.

"The police has confiscated some possible evidences, so don't expect to find much.", Kingin inspected a piece that was a jar in the form of a dragon, coiled up with a constant flow of water running from its jaw into the bowl it rested. It was a relatively easy to explain piece, a water pump built into the base of it and a pipe that hides on the roof of the mouth of the dragon.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Extra Data
PM
Doctor Whooves
 Posted: Jun 19 2014, 04:27 PM

Advanced Member

The Doctor glanced around the store. First, gather what could be found. He looked around at the debris, trying to take it all in. There wasn't much, like Kingin said. He pulled out his screwdriver, and scanned around. Had to be something... "Might need to go see what the police found... You." The Doctor walked over to the store owner. "Run me through what you know. Any suspicious behavior before the robbery, strange occurrences, before, during, or even after. Anything and everything strange. It doesn't matter how ridiculous. Anything could be helpful."

user posted image
PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: Jun 19 2014, 05:53 PM

Advanced Member

"There was... Nothing unusual. The usual songs blaring upstairs because my neighbor plays in a Prench band, the old stallion that always comes to look at my pieces and comment on how they remind him of his young days, and there was this alicorn that came to deliver me a rare prench urn. ... Now that I think about it... The urn itself is a bit strange. Is shaped like a dragon's head and was full of ashes on the night before the incident. But, after the incident, the urn was smashed to bits but the ashes were nowhere to be found.", the owner suddenly feared he was cursed.

"Could it be a monster was sealed in it? I once received a request to restore a painting with odd materials, then it was revealed the painting was a strong spell to protect the house of the holder."

"Stop making me think about curses, Golden Silver."

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Extra Data
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll