Announcements
Start | Stop

Welcome to a world where love and friendship create the strongest of spells, and where an adventure can be found beyond every twist and turn. A world where all kinds of creatures find themselves in situations of a positively ludicrous nature, day after day, even! In such a world, where "normal" is relative, and mundane is anything but; what sort of journey will you find yourself on today?

• • •

Starting on the In-character date of Mid-June 2019, Journeys Across Equestria's first "Post Reboot" Story Arc will begin. When the latest Lunar Eclipse refuses to pass, Luna and Celestia find themselves cut off from the Moon and Realm of Dreams! Meanwhile, children everywhere are suddenly and inexplicably falling into a deep magical slumber, where they are tormented by terrible nightmares! Who, or what could possibly be responsible?!

To learn more about this upcoming event, please visit the Blood Moon Information and General Discussion thread in the Inn. If you want one or more of your characters to participate in this event, let us know here! The cutoff date for players who wish to participate in this event is May 11th, 2014.

• • •

In order to lessen spam and messages from bots, users are required to register a username for, and log into the Cbox in order to use it.

We are currently accepting Canon Character applications! A list of available characters can be found here, the thread to "claim" a character can be found here, and the audition thread itself can be found here.

Congratulations to JM95 for winning the role of Spike the Dragon, although this turn of events also means that he has voluntarily given up the role of Cheese Sandwich, putting him up for grabs along with all of the other available Canon Character roles.

As a reminder, if there are at least TWO auditions for the same character, a poll will be held within three days of the last audition made for that character. Additional auditions will be accepted at that time, but the deadline will not be extended. In three days after the poll has been started, the votes will be counted, and the winner will be announced, as with the old method.

To those of you that play Canon Characters: It is encouraged that you play your Canon Characters as often as you can, within reason. The JAE staff realizes that it can be more difficult to play certain characters in a day to day situation than others, (Such as one of the Princesses, in comparison to say... Pinkie Pie.) so in some cases, leniency is exercised. Still, it never hurts to make a thread that involves a character, that for once, doesn't involve the fate of Equestria hanging in the balance.

Journeys Across Equestria is a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Roleplay Forum set five years after the show. A 100 word count minimum for posts is enforced for all In-Character posts.

Our TVTropes Page: LINK

Date: June 2019 A.D (After Discord)
Current Events: Blood Moon
Description: When the Sisters are cut off from the Moon and the Realm of Dreams, a dark presence makes itself known in Equstria as children everywhere fall into a magically-induced slumber, plagued by terrible nightmares!
This site appears best in Chrome, Firefox and Opera browsers.

Our Affiliates
Equestrian LegendsWars of Equestria
The Fun Has Been Doubled!
Our Banner
Journeys Across Equestria: What stories will you discover on your travels?

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

Best Laid Plans
Tsukiko
 Posted: Jun 3 2014, 01:40 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 26

"That's about right for me... I can wrap my contract with him after those three days. I too actually got somewhere to be.", Inari rested a Manejinese newspaper on the table and the headline was... "Emperor scandal over? The true Emperor of Maneji revealed to be a child has caused an uproar among nations and states of Mane-ji." Something roughly translated to that into Equestrian, as the translator's note underneath revealed that he or she wasn't that good with Manejinese.

Inari had a Chseshire-like grin by now, complete woth rows of sharp teeth. "The Viper that tried to make the throne his own by using the young emperor is now facing a punishment worse than death in a sealed dungeon that only Imperial Guard know how to access. But I assume you don't know The Viper, he hated pirates and was against the "Protected Black Market Project."

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Moon Shard // Werewolf Pegasus // Colt
Sun Shard // Half-Vampony Unicorn // Filly
Utopia "Dream Reaper" // Unicorn // Mare
Kagerou // Eastern Dragon // Male
Xiaomai // Earth Qilin // Buck
Kingin // Unicorn // Stallion
Extra Data
Haretake - Kogane's bamboo sprout, planted in the garden behind her room, given by Dandelion. She personally cares of him at all times.
Kon-Kon - A Take Gitsune (Bamboo Fox). A small fox-like creature made of aged bamboo stalks, bulbs, brown-red bamboo leaves and with a pair of faintly glowing green for eyes, most likely a cub. After sneaking into Purple Cloud's saddlebag while she was in Mane-ji and causing her some trouble, he has now become Purple Cloud's pet, and has a thing for drinking her tea or eating fruits. All he says is what sounds like a "Kon!".
PM
Solaris
 Posted: Jun 3 2014, 02:00 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8

"You'd assume, but you don't know me, Foxy. I've outrun my fair share of patrols and broken a few blockades. Sure I never met this "viper" ir whoever in the flesh, but there ain't been an emperor born who can stop me, doesn't matter if it's smuggling, piracy, or covert ops. The Queen Morpho's revenge stops for no mare." Bloodbeak said with a grin. If there was one thing she loved even more than her pistols, it was her ship. A jet, black airship with its own one of a kind magi-crystal engine, an arsenal she'd picked personally from the canons to the swivel guns, and a crew of the undead to helm it. It was a thing of beauty, and nopony could convince her otherwise.

"So I assume you and this viper guy don't get along? Why didn't ya just...you know... kill him or something? I mean, it ain't that hard a plan to come up with, Foxy. I'd ask if you were scared, but considering yer supposed to be immortal, that probably aint it." Bloodbeak said teasingly. Honestly she didn't give a hoot about politics, but Inari had brought it up and now she was curious.

PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: Jun 3 2014, 02:36 PM

Advanced Member

"Nah, the guy was an asshole. If his plans ever reached completion, you would find a lot of resistance to land in Mane-ji. Plus, he disposed of two generations of emperors only to control them while they were young. Eternal damnation serves him right, for even if he escapes... I can remove the curse on him and let him die from the bleeding he will have."

"But let's talk about a more pleasant subject! I assume you will like the young emperor. He's more willing to see Mane-ji in peace and is very likely to promote the whole Protected Black Market as a way to keep a good relationship with pirates.", from being called "Foxy" so much, he genderswapped himself and took a seat with her, now wearing a kimono.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Extra Data
Haretake - Kogane's bamboo sprout, planted in the garden behind her room, given by Dandelion. She personally cares of him at all times.
Kon-Kon - A Take Gitsune (Bamboo Fox). A small fox-like creature made of aged bamboo stalks, bulbs, brown-red bamboo leaves and with a pair of faintly glowing green for eyes, most likely a cub. After sneaking into Purple Cloud's saddlebag while she was in Mane-ji and causing her some trouble, he has now become Purple Cloud's pet, and has a thing for drinking her tea or eating fruits. All he says is what sounds like a "Kon!".
PM
Solaris
 Posted: Jun 3 2014, 02:59 PM

Advanced Member

Bloodbeak gave a shrug and shook her head. Was it just her, or did Inari seem different? Well he was a shape shifter, so he was probably just screwing with her. She had to think, shape shifting would come in handy in her line of work. Being able to disguise yourself on the fly, it's sure make getaways and avoiding bounty hunters easier. 'Captain Bloodbeak, Queen of Pirates: The Gryphon with One-Thousand Faces!' It kinda had a nice ring to it, didn't it?

"Hmm...don't tell me. Softer fur, rounder face, new duds... I'm guessing you swapped out your 'Main Mast" am I right? Huh, pretty cool trick. Might be worth becoming a god if ya get to pick up stuff like that. 'God of Pirates'. Don't think that domain's' taken yet, right? " Bloodbeak said with a grin.

"Anyway, as for the new Emperor, I don't really care. No offense to the kid, but I became a pirate to do what I want, when I want. I don't really have to care who's on the throne cuz at the end of the day I only answer to me. Pretty sweet gig, huh?" she said before downing her drink and ordering two more. One for her, and another for Inari. Seeing as she'd gotten a new gun, the least she could do was buy hi- her a round.

PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: Jun 3 2014, 05:44 PM

Advanced Member

"One of the good aspects of being a God-dess is that: the physical restrictions are diminished or nullified completely. Downside is that you will outlive everyone you love you care, so growing some psychological resistance is vital. Oh, and mating. Usually my mates die in birth labor, unless I'm the one playing the bitch role. As for domains... They are really varied. Mine is illusions, a gamble with reality, to ways that reality becomes what I wish, even if for a time..."

Inari accepted her drink without a second thought. However, the moment she held the mug it had changed the content's color to a vivid green, but the scent was the same. "I suffered a lot, but learned as much. I mean: Physical suffering. Have been sliced open in battlefield, poisoned, backstabbed, and even had my head crushed. I survived thanks to my bottomless pool of curiousity when it comes to magic."

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Extra Data
PM
Solaris
 Posted: Jun 4 2014, 07:29 AM

Advanced Member

"Well, those seem like pretty easy problems to fix, Foxy. First, Don't love and care about ponies. I mean, mating is good for some quick fun, really good, but when ya start bringing feelings into it things always get messy. 'Why don't you write? When are you going to meet my parents? Hey you can't steal my family heirlooms!' Blah blah blah. It's just the worst, ya know?" Bloodbeak said as she waved her claw and rolled her eyes. Now that she thought about it, it's been a while since she'd 'rocked the boat', so to speak. She'd had a lot to deal with recently. Maybe after her next job she'd find some handsome, relatively clean stallion who was down for a tumble... or a mare. Who knows, it may be interesting to try something new. Still, right now the job was the most exciting thing she could think of, everything else could come later.

As she glanced at Inari's suddenly green drink, and listened to her talk about the various injuries she'd suffered the gryphon gave a grin. What. A. Showoff. Not that she was complaining. Bragging was one of her favorite pastimes and listening to tall tales was part of what being a pirate was all about. Well listening to them and making them that is.

"You know, I've had most'ah that stuff happen to me too. All but the head crushing. Tough as I am, I'm not quite sure I could bounce back from that one. And If I'm right I probably wasn't sliced open quite as bad as you were. Still, stitching myself back up was one-a the worst nights I can remember. Took a lot of booze to get me through that one. "Bloodbeak said with a smile as she felt her side. Though the scar had mostly faded she could still feel it and the memories it carried.

"Oh, Foxy I'm curious. Which is more fun to be in bed, boy or girl? I'd hate to think I'm getting the short end of the deal." She said, ignoring the old scar and turning back to her drink.

PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: Jun 4 2014, 11:17 AM

Advanced Member

"Heh, I got used to living in a family. a couple hundreds of years with those I loved the most, as well as my parents. So for me it is alien to have nowhere to go back to, feels a little... Empty.", Inari tried to remember of all those she was involved with in the past... But she had too many...

"I didn't have anything back when i was slashed open. Only some medical spells in memory and a single sweet soul crystal, a delicacymade with sugar and magic gems. ...", that next question felt a bit alien to her... Thus, she took a long sip of her drink, which now had an herbal scent. "Hm... Not sure. I always had better experience in straight relationships. But I guess gender matters not, for as long as there is no clash of dominance nor of submission."

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Extra Data
PM
Solaris
 Posted: Jun 4 2014, 12:23 PM

Advanced Member

"Ugh, Cop out! Total cop out! Whatever, keep it your little secret then, Foxy. I'll just put it out of my innocent mind. All those naughty trysts and erotic escapades of yours. Aaaaall forgotten" Bloodbeak said with a playful wink. She was ignoring Inari's comment s on family. That was one subject she'd rather ignore.

"Ya know, I never get how you guys just eat gemstones. I mean, they look way better than I bet they taste. I mean have you ever seen an epic pile of loot, coins, chalices, statuettes, and yeah a few gemstones twinkling in the light of a torch? I mean...seeing something like get turned into...well s**t sees like a waste. I mean, it's just awful! To each their own, or whatever but...C'MON! Gah." she said with exaggerated outrage. She didn't want to tick off Inari and was needling her playfully.

PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: Jun 4 2014, 01:34 PM

Advanced Member

"Point taken. Adults are more likely to ignore gems, however tasty they may look. Children, on other paw, hardly resist the temptation. The best way to descrbe the taste of, let's say, magic gems, is that they are slightly salty with a sour-sweet core. recently we have been using magic crystal dust as potion enhancer. Imagine it, a sip of a healing potion and your wounds closes and disappears in seconds! But we have other practical uses too, such as technological applications involving magical crystals. They act like battery and- I'm sure you know that, you must have one in your ship.", Inari finished her drink and summoned a bottle of fine saké, filling the mug herself.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Extra Data
PM
Solaris
 Posted: Jun 5 2014, 01:58 PM

Advanced Member

"Well as much as I hate losing a good gem, those healing potions do sound pretty useful. I mean, Necromancy is cool and all but most of the "healing" potions I can brew burn like fire going down and the taste... well usually I mix it with a TON of booze, an sometimes it still tastes like s**t. Maybe I'll look into buying a few of those next time I'm in Mane-Ji." Bloodbeak said. Healing potions like that could definitely give her an edge and they sounded way better than what she was using. Maybe Inari wasn't so bad...y'know for a spy and all.

"Well, I'm not exactly going to go into what my ship is packing. We all need a little bit of secrecy, right? A little mystique. I will tell you though, that it's something one of a kind. It's never let me down, and the power output... I'm not even sure I've tapped into sixty percent yet! One day I wanna really let loose, see what the baby can do, but I don't think the energy dispersion system would be up to it... plus the time's never seemed right, ya know? It's gotta be special."Bloodbeak said as she downed her drink. She looked over to Inari with a small smirk.

"So what are you drinking now anyway? Ambrosia or some fancy-pants approved drink like that?"

PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: Jun 5 2014, 02:39 PM

Advanced Member

"Well, healing potions never really taste good. At least the usage of Magic Crystal Powder helped have it change from iron water taste to something more like... Sour juice? Dunno how to explain. Not really tasty. I often see people eating a magic gem after that to take the taste off their tongue.", Inari herself didn't remember the last time she tried one of those potions, however....

"Hm... Airships aren't really a mystery for me. Except the Flying Fortress. A very huge and hard-to-find airship that is as large as a castle, somehow it is rarely ever sighted and- Let's say not even your ship could endure an attack from it."

After taking another sip from saké, the fox goddess offered to serve Bloodbeak. "Snowpeak Rapids, a saké. One of the finest I'm offered. Wanna try? Is some strong stuff."

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Extra Data
PM
Solaris
 Posted: Jun 5 2014, 03:11 PM

Advanced Member

Yeah, medicine usually doesn't come with the benefit of actually tasting like anything decent. Still I'll take sour juice over "Rotten mouse mixed with cabbage" any day. Gods, that s**t was just..." Bloodbeak gave a shiver. She was getting disgusted just thinking about it, and she didn't exactly have a weak stomach.

"Hey, the ship is only as good as the gryphon at its helm. Sure it's be tough, but there aint a ship I can't out fly. Maybe I'll get to prove it one'a these days. I mean, taking over a flying fortress sounds like just the sort of thing a Pirate Queen would pull off. Tell ya what, if I pull it off you'll be the first one I tell, alright Foxy? I'll even let you take her for a spin." She said grinning before noticing her invitation.

"Sake? It's been a while, but sign me up. S'Gotta be better than what I'm drinking. C'mon and set me up." She said rubbing her claws together greedily.

PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: Jun 5 2014, 03:42 PM

Advanced Member

"The last warship I have been on... Was Somnus's Alice II. And, before that, there was the Dreamy Cloud. An airship with an armor layer of crystal fused with steel. Looks fancy, but I bet it is fragile. Didn't test it out.", how would Inari test that? Crashing it on a mountain?!

Afterwards, she filled Bloodbeak's mug with saké, but oddly... Whatever trace of the previous drink was there has just blended with the saké to such extent it was completely turned into that same drink. "So, I heard from the guy you don't have any buddy of yours in the ship, eh? How do you do when you need to leave it in someone's paws?"

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Extra Data
PM
Solaris
 Posted: Jun 6 2014, 01:40 PM

Advanced Member

Bloodbeak drank down her sake in a flash, slamming her mug on the bar with finality. Inari wasn't lying about the stuff being strong, way better than the cheap wine she'd been downing. Still she was no lightweight, and one mug wouldn't take her down...though all things considered a mug full of sake was quite a bit.

"Crystal Steel? Sounds like some fancy s**t that a noble would commission. Hmmm, it may be worth taking just as a nice centerpiece though. That or blowing it out of the sky as a huge middle claw. Depends on the mood I'm in, I guess."Bloodbeak said with a shrug before rolling her eyes. She folded her arms and sighed.

"Yeah, I guess my crew is a little thin, but bodies aren't what make a great crew. Well... I guess they do but not living bodies. So what if I' the only living gryphon on the Queen? I mean, I've still pulled off jobs other gryphon's would think were insane! If I'm on my own it's because nopony is cool enough to join me, not the other way around!" She said, a bit defensively. It wasn't her fault her crew was all stiffs! She..she just hadn't found the right first mate. That was it.

"Anyway, I keep my baby under my own eye, and when I'm not there I've got the stiffs taking care of her. Sure it's not the greatest situation, but undead don't steal your loot and run off with your undergarments. Plus taking a down a whole ship of 'em can be a tough task."

PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: Jun 6 2014, 04:47 PM

Advanced Member

She served Bloodbeak more of that great drink. "True... Though, depending on how good your death stare is, one would not even dare THINK of backstabbing you in any way. Not even talking behind your back or something. But, if you ever feel like kissing goodbye to undead crew... You could go for golems! Sure, they ain't very smart, but... Let's say I accidentally created a new species once when I was trying to make a plant golem.", Inari then served herself some more, but had to get another bottle.

"Bamboo Foxes, they are curious creatures. Learned to live on their own, developing instincts similar to that of those animals they were based of. Oh, and this one time I made a living golem... Or Artifical life... But the problem is it lacked an evolved mind, being as smart as a foal, even when I allowed him to tap on my memories... Eventually, I had no choice but to bring him back gome...", she tapped her own head thrice afterwards.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Extra Data
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 3  Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll