Announcements
Start | Stop

Welcome to a world where love and friendship create the strongest of spells, and where an adventure can be found beyond every twist and turn. A world where all kinds of creatures find themselves in situations of a positively ludicrous nature, day after day, even! In such a world, where "normal" is relative, and mundane is anything but; what sort of journey will you find yourself on today?

• • •

Starting on the In-character date of Mid-June 2019, Journeys Across Equestria's first "Post Reboot" Story Arc will begin. When the latest Lunar Eclipse refuses to pass, Luna and Celestia find themselves cut off from the Moon and Realm of Dreams! Meanwhile, children everywhere are suddenly and inexplicably falling into a deep magical slumber, where they are tormented by terrible nightmares! Who, or what could possibly be responsible?!

To learn more about this upcoming event, please visit the Blood Moon Information and General Discussion thread in the Inn. If you want one or more of your characters to participate in this event, let us know here! The cutoff date for players who wish to participate in this event is May 11th, 2014.

• • •

In order to lessen spam and messages from bots, users are required to register a username for, and log into the Cbox in order to use it.

We are currently accepting Canon Character applications! A list of available characters can be found here, the thread to "claim" a character can be found here, and the audition thread itself can be found here.

Congratulations to JM95 for winning the role of Spike the Dragon, although this turn of events also means that he has voluntarily given up the role of Cheese Sandwich, putting him up for grabs along with all of the other available Canon Character roles.

As a reminder, if there are at least TWO auditions for the same character, a poll will be held within three days of the last audition made for that character. Additional auditions will be accepted at that time, but the deadline will not be extended. In three days after the poll has been started, the votes will be counted, and the winner will be announced, as with the old method.

To those of you that play Canon Characters: It is encouraged that you play your Canon Characters as often as you can, within reason. The JAE staff realizes that it can be more difficult to play certain characters in a day to day situation than others, (Such as one of the Princesses, in comparison to say... Pinkie Pie.) so in some cases, leniency is exercised. Still, it never hurts to make a thread that involves a character, that for once, doesn't involve the fate of Equestria hanging in the balance.

Journeys Across Equestria is a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Roleplay Forum set five years after the show. A 100 word count minimum for posts is enforced for all In-Character posts.

Our TVTropes Page: LINK

Date: June 2019 A.D (After Discord)
Current Events: Blood Moon
Description: When the Sisters are cut off from the Moon and the Realm of Dreams, a dark presence makes itself known in Equstria as children everywhere fall into a magically-induced slumber, plagued by terrible nightmares!
This site appears best in Chrome, Firefox and Opera browsers.

Our Affiliates
Equestrian LegendsWars of Equestria
The Fun Has Been Doubled!
Our Banner
Journeys Across Equestria: What stories will you discover on your travels?

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

Best Laid Plans
Solaris
 Posted: May 28 2014, 08:24 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8

"Whoa, Déjà Vu. " Said a gryphon as she sat alone in a disused bar...well 'disused' by Canterlot standards, which was to say she was luck to spot an odd cobweb here and there. These places had always been way to clean for her tastes. To sterile. Where was the character? The grimy tablecloth that cleaned up your sick? Where was the mysterious stain which told a thousand stories and held a thousand secrets? Where was the enticing bottle of Celestia knows what simply labeled "GROG" which could strip the paint off a battleship? Now THAT was what made a real bar a bar! This? This was just... well it was a fucking teahouse! What would happen to her reputation if somepony saw her in this non-dump? Captain Bloodbeak had gone soft. Run off to Canterlot without and sipped tea and munched crumpets like a high-nosed unicorn. It'd be pathetic.

"My, you do look uncomfortable. How unfortunate, I had believed that I'd arranged a comfortable place for you to stay. I had truly hope you would enjoy yourself. Alas, I should have anticipated you would feel out of place here, forgive me." said a cloaked pony. She'd seemed to appear almost form thin air. Well, not quite; she hadn't just poofed in out of nowhere, rather it almost seemed like she had always been there, but had gone unnoticed till just now. Odd, perhaps but this particular gryphon wasn't impressed, she'd seen far better entrances than that.
Bloodbeak openly rolled her eyes and rested her cheek on her claw. She assumed this oh so mysterious mare was the one who called her here, or at least a messenger. It was about time, the sooner she could get out of this dapper, doilied hell the better.

"What's the problem? You couldn't just contact me the same way as last time? I mean, is it that hard just to write a letter?" Bloodbeak said as she sipped a glass of wine. Rum would've been better but-surprise surprise they didn't have any in stock. Apparently it wasn't a big seller. Bloodbeak narrowed her gaze as the mysterious mare giggled. Giggling? For some reason Bloodbeak hadn't expected the mare who was proposing the crime of the century to giggle.

"Well writing the note was the easy part, setting up a false shipment of goods enticing enough for you to raid it, hiring a crew skilled enough to properly test your abilities, and ensuring you would find it without making things too easy... well that was another matter. Still, I believe the effort was well worth it. It is truly a pleasure to meet you." The mare said before sitting next to Bloodbeak. It was a bit odd, Bloodbeak was usually able to size up a mark relatively quickly. It was obviously an important skill for somepony like her, knowing if somepony was carrying bulging bags of bits or black powder bombs under their cloak. But for some reason, even though the mare was right next to her, it was... well almost like Bloodbeak couldn't quite make her out. Sure some of that was due to the cloak, but usually you could still catch something, a quick glimpse of their face, the color of their eyes or fur, but if you asked Bloodbeak she in all honesty couldn't tell you much about the mare who was barely an arm's length away.

PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: May 28 2014, 09:06 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 26

A shadow moved along the walls, it was clear it was some sort of big dog or something. Nine wisps of a shadow tailed it, exactly like tails... But where was the owner of those shadows? Nowhere to be seen. Those shadows, darker than all other, moved along the walls, and there rested, as soon after a pair of eyes from it focused on Bloodbeak.

Something was there, watching her, silent, analyzing. What was that? A summoned being? A minion of Sombra? A fearsome creature planning to nom her in one bite? She would have to gamble with her life to know...

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Moon Shard // Werewolf Pegasus // Colt
Sun Shard // Half-Vampony Unicorn // Filly
Utopia "Dream Reaper" // Unicorn // Mare
Kagerou // Eastern Dragon // Male
Xiaomai // Earth Qilin // Buck
Kingin // Unicorn // Stallion
Extra Data
Haretake - Kogane's bamboo sprout, planted in the garden behind her room, given by Dandelion. She personally cares of him at all times.
Kon-Kon - A Take Gitsune (Bamboo Fox). A small fox-like creature made of aged bamboo stalks, bulbs, brown-red bamboo leaves and with a pair of faintly glowing green for eyes, most likely a cub. After sneaking into Purple Cloud's saddlebag while she was in Mane-ji and causing her some trouble, he has now become Purple Cloud's pet, and has a thing for drinking her tea or eating fruits. All he says is what sounds like a "Kon!".
PM
Solaris
 Posted: May 28 2014, 11:44 AM

Advanced Member

Bloodbeak tapped her claw on Spitfire, her trusty pistol. It was a habit of hers, sometimes she didn't even notice it herself, but it always appeared when he got anxious. She wasn't sure what exactly was making her nervous, this pony certainly was odd but she hadn't set off any alarm bells before. Something else was going on...something different. It felt like they were being watched.

"Well, Miss Bloodbeak, I think we..." The cloaked pony began before Bloodbeak raised a claw up to the ponies lips.

"Yeah, do me a favor and shut up for like...three seconds. I think we're being set up. So sit there and ...talk about the weather or duck under a counter and pop up when you stop hearing shouting and gunshots. If you actually do have a plan I'd hate for it to get splattered all over the wall." Bloodbeak whispered. out of the corner of her eye she spotted a peculiar shadow creeping across the wall Hmm.... magical entity? Best to go with a silver bullet, just in case. Sure they were a little expensive, but in situations like this the cost was worth it. She slyly loaded her pistol in mere moments with a speed and stealth few could match before quickly whipping around and firing at what she assumed would be casting the shadow. Looks like today just got a little more interesting.

PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: May 28 2014, 12:05 PM

Advanced Member

The bullet went through... Air. However, the shadow rippled away from the bullet when it impacted against the wall where it was projected. "Silver projectiles, eh? You should have tried runed ones. They are more effective. Well, not sure if effective against me, but... Maybe. But certainly, silver ain't that delicious."

Where did this voice come from... From... The wall?! THE SHADOW?! The shadow began to project out of the wall, in a sort of darkness matter, before it started taking on a golden nine-tailed fox, before the fur was stained red and it stood on its hind legs, giving a good stretch as his robe formed... Inari, yet again...

"Sup, girl. Don't mind me, a guy wanted me to watch your back, so... That's why I'm here. But I can plug my ears and mind my own business if you want."

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Extra Data
Haretake - Kogane's bamboo sprout, planted in the garden behind her room, given by Dandelion. She personally cares of him at all times.
Kon-Kon - A Take Gitsune (Bamboo Fox). A small fox-like creature made of aged bamboo stalks, bulbs, brown-red bamboo leaves and with a pair of faintly glowing green for eyes, most likely a cub. After sneaking into Purple Cloud's saddlebag while she was in Mane-ji and causing her some trouble, he has now become Purple Cloud's pet, and has a thing for drinking her tea or eating fruits. All he says is what sounds like a "Kon!".
PM
Solaris
 Posted: May 28 2014, 03:09 PM

Advanced Member

"Thanks for the tip, ya shadowy weirdo. It's always so sweet when the creepers who spy on me give me ammo tips. It's like stubbing your claw on a golden statuette. A little pain but a little gain. Now how about you tell me who you are and maybe I won't send a second shot through your skull. Sounds fair, huh?" Bloodbeak said with a confident gleam in her eyes. She reloaded her pistol as she spoke with her same amazing quickness and pointed it at the red foes face. She, like many ponies, didn't particularly care to be spied on. This creepy mare was already ticking her off a little, but this fox was just making her trigger-claw itch.

"So, who exactly are you working for? Oh, and who are you? Answer quick, my trigger might just happen to slip."

PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: May 28 2014, 07:56 PM

Advanced Member

"Girl, seriously now? No clue on who I am?" Inari suddenly held up the bullet she just put in the chamber, analyzing it before he made it poof out from his paw and it silently reappeared in her gun. At the very time, he was standing on the ceiling above her.

"I have a simple name, a God in Mane-ji. My art is to confuse the senses and reality, similarly to Brother Discord... Unlike him... I'm the "Ordered Chaos", or so I think of myself. Can you figure it yet?", he disappeared from the ceiling, reappearing not so far behind her, even creating an illusionary room through the wall.

"As for the contractor... How can you NOT know him?! That guy helped you, didn't he? Or perhaps reality has been blown and- Could it be you don't remember of him?! Somnus? His order and request was crystal clear: Something weird is happening and I cannot contact Bloodbeak. If you find her, make sure she doesn't get into big trouble. I will pay by constructing a shrine anywhere you request. You sure you don't remember him or me?". The craziest thing is he not only mimicked Somnus but also was briefly wearing a ceramic mask that looked like Somnus. And to top it all, he duplicated her weapon, holding the dupe and analyzing it. All the details... Were absurdly accurate.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Extra Data
PM
Solaris
 Posted: May 29 2014, 12:27 PM

Advanced Member

"All right, first of all don't call me 'girl'. Seriously, just no. Second I happen to like trouble. I pretty much like trouble as much as I hate being spied on, get the picture? So, I really don't care who you are or which misguided mercenary sent you here. Honestly, it'd be great if you , how do I put this, ...'bucked off'? " Bloodbeak said rather bluntly. She didn't quite care to play games with this so called 'god', especially not when the payoff of a lifetime was involved.

"Who does that Somnus think he is anyway? I hardly even know the guy. For that matter who do you think you are? I mean, what sort of a god spies on innocent gryphons just because some random thug just asks them too? You really don't have anything better to do?" she said before leaning on the bar and taking a sip of her drink. Her pistol was still aimed at the fox god, waiting for him to make the slightest movement.

PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: May 29 2014, 12:47 PM

Advanced Member

The gun he was analyzing was deconstructed, showing individual components as he pulled a scroll up and began writing on it with a brush. He... Didn't seem to listen to her... Did he? "Name's Inari.", he finally responded, "Though I'm a God, I don't have the wealth of one, nor the social status of The Princesses or the like."

He sighed a bit and said "Yes, got nothing better to do. either. I mean: I can watch you from places you can't even begin to imagine, but I'm here right? I really got VERY bored of sneaking around. Nice airship, by the way. Yes, have seen it.".

The scroll rolled up and the gun he was analyzing reformed itself. "Here, a gift from me. An exact copy of your gun so you can go Akimbo or have a spare. And, no, not a single intention , just being a nice guy for you, OK, Bloodbeak?"

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Extra Data
PM
Solaris
 Posted: Jun 1 2014, 04:45 PM

Advanced Member

This was an odd situation. Part of Bloodbeak wanted to shoot Inari in the face, but the other part... Spitfire had been all along till now. Her one and only. How could Bloodbeak pass up having a second? Even if Inari had crossed the line, hurting her baby with that weird scanning thing but...but.

"Gimmie!" Bloodbeak said grabbing the pistol with a bit of a childish grin.

"Ya know, we still aren't buddies or anything but the way to a mare's heart is through her firearms!" She said feeling the new weapon in her claw, The weight, the grip, the balance...it was all familiar, as if she'd been using it her entire life. This could very well be the best present she'd ever gotten. EVER. That scored the fox a few points in her book.

"I swear though, if this thing ends up exploding or I find out you shared my babies designs with anyone I'm going to shove these pistols up your @$$ "akimbo style. So, if you're breaking out the good bribes, you must want something. Go ahead, spill it. Ya want me to...spread the good word of chaos or something?" she said spinning the pistol with a cavalier dream.

PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: Jun 1 2014, 05:19 PM

Advanced Member

"Easy, easy... This is a quite familiar design, yes... I have seen an older version of those before, but it used a different kind of ammo. Yours... It seems to be inspired by one of those old Manejinese designs, yes... The old DragonBreath was a powerful gun, able to unleash fireballs with a single crystal per shot. Was discontinued due to how expensive it was to produce replacement parts. There's a single bullet in chamber, a magi crystal, allows you to fire it up to ten times before the magic in it fades away and it needs to be recharged... And my reason to do this... Hm... Nah! No reason, really! I find joy in making things and giving them after documentating my success. I have a huge library of stuff I made, disassembled and reassembled, experiments, etcetera. Sadly, I have nothing someone like you would loot...", Inari gave a brief sigh following that.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Extra Data
PM
Solaris
 Posted: Jun 1 2014, 06:00 PM

Advanced Member

"See, that' where you're wrong, Tails. If I put my mind to it I can loot just about anything. Gold, gems, books, tech, erotic food, Really it's all just booty at the end of the day. Obviously some scores are better than others, but if you want to be the Queen of Pirates sometimes you've got to look for a score in an unlikely place." She said, leaning forward with a more devilish grin on her beak.

"Ya know, I still never got an answer. What is it exactly that you want from me? You gave me a gift so obviously you want something in return. Just tell me what it is. I don't like an uneven score, Tails. "

PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: Jun 1 2014, 06:11 PM

Advanced Member

"... Didn't see from that point of view... Usually people would loot me for money and gems, but I have neither and the gems I have are actually a snack. Fancy snack sometimes people offer me.", Inari slid a thing against his chin, staring at the ceiling.

But then she once again questioned what he wanted. He chuckled and slid a finger on her beak. "Silly, Bloodbeak... I don't want anything in return... Because people unwilling give it when they are happy... A smile was all I needed to see on your face, that joy is what I want sometimes..."

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Extra Data
PM
Solaris
 Posted: Jun 2 2014, 12:11 PM

Advanced Member

Bloodbeak gave a cold smirk. Was this guy serious? All he needed was for her to smile? That was just way too sappy! Sure sometimes others said they only wanted to see you happy but there was always an angle. Always. No one just did things for sweetness and sunshine's sake, she was sure.

"Well if all you wanted was a smile I may as well consider the score even. Now all I gotta do is name this little guy and he'll be ready for action! Well, if it is a little guy. Might be a gal now that I think of it." Bloodbeak said eyeing her new weapon with a keen discerning eye. Perhaps it was odd how she personified her weapons, but objects such as these were the closest things to toys -or even friends- that she had growing up. It seemed wrong not to name it.

"Hmmm... Dragon-stomper? Sky Blazer? I'll come up with somethin', baby, don't you worry. We just gotta get to know each other a little first. Don't be nervous. I'm here now. I've got ya." She cooed to the new pistol with more affection than she'd ever shown a living creature. She turned from Inari and ordered another drink.

"So, you said you wanted to make sure I wasn't in any trouble, right? Well, here I am, sittin' in a foofy bar with cheap wine and bland company. Obviously this is pretty much the opposite of trouble. What are you going to do now? Report back to my mercenary nanny? Do I get a gold star?" She said with a slight roll of the eyes before taking a quick swig of her drink and resting her head on her claw.

PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: Jun 2 2014, 12:41 PM

Advanced Member

"Cheap wine? Heh, I enjoy mostly fine brands offered to me in shrines. I'm not a picky drinker, it's just that they want to please me and... You can guess how it goes from there. So, if you ever feel like wanting a fine wine, knock on a shrine and ask to talk to me."

Inari sure could use a report to Somnus but... "Nah, not gonna interrupt the guy. He's having a good time with some ladies and it would be very rude to stop him to report the situation has not changed. So, meanwhile, ask me what you need and if you need. I'm not here to only "spy" on you, but also to provide any kind of assistance. ... However the "assistance" part is mostly a policy of mine."

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Extra Data
PM
Solaris
 Posted: Jun 3 2014, 01:23 PM

Advanced Member

"Hey, I can't exactly order the fancy stuff, can I? I mean, what if Redbeard the Wild or The Blue Baroness walked in here? Well...I mean it's not like anyone with their reputation would be seen in a place like this, but still. if they saw me sitting in some fancypants place like this sipping their overpriced wine then I'd lose all my respect! I mean, it's one thing if you steal it, or if you saunter in with your whole crew like nopony gives a **** but I'm not even planning on shooting anypony. Everyone would think I'd gone soft!" Bloodbeak said as he downed the rest of her drink The bartender seemed increasingly nervous, probably because the gryphon with the new gun kept talking about robbing and shooting. That raised her spirits, though only a little. Maybe she still had what it took after all?

"Anyway, Foxy I doubt you can help me with the kinda stuff I'm interested in. I mean, you gave me a pretty nice gun, but you still seem kinda 'goodie four paws' to me. Not that I'm up to making trouble at the moment mind you. It's just that Painting and frolicking in the flowers aint my idea of fun. " She said tapping the bar to have her drink refilled. Well her statement had been half-true at least. She didn't want to do any frolicking. Still nopony needed to see her paintings, EVER. She'd rather die...or kill. Probably kill now that she thought about it.

"Ya know, I'm a little old for a egg-sitter. That said, maybe I'll let you stick around on one condition. You leave me be iiiiiin" Bloodbeak held out her words, unsure of what to say next. Her eye dashed back to the hooded figure who simply sat there swirling her drink... however something about the way she did it caught Bloodbeaks eye. The action was distinct and deliberate, as if trying to send a message. The pony swirled her drink three times before setting it down without taking a single sip and exiting the tavern.

"...Three days. Leave me alone in three days. I've got something going on that requires a little privacy. Sounds fair, right? That or I can just go find Somnus and teach him to mind his own bloody business. Either way is fine by me." She said with a smug shrug.

PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 3  Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll