Announcements
Start | Stop

Welcome to a world where love and friendship create the strongest of spells, and where an adventure can be found beyond every twist and turn. A world where all kinds of creatures find themselves in situations of a positively ludicrous nature, day after day, even! In such a world, where "normal" is relative, and mundane is anything but; what sort of journey will you find yourself on today?

• • •

Starting on the In-character date of Mid-June 2019, Journeys Across Equestria's first "Post Reboot" Story Arc will begin. When the latest Lunar Eclipse refuses to pass, Luna and Celestia find themselves cut off from the Moon and Realm of Dreams! Meanwhile, children everywhere are suddenly and inexplicably falling into a deep magical slumber, where they are tormented by terrible nightmares! Who, or what could possibly be responsible?!

To learn more about this upcoming event, please visit the Blood Moon Information and General Discussion thread in the Inn. If you want one or more of your characters to participate in this event, let us know here! The cutoff date for players who wish to participate in this event is May 11th, 2014.

• • •

In order to lessen spam and messages from bots, users are required to register a username for, and log into the Cbox in order to use it.

We are currently accepting Canon Character applications! A list of available characters can be found here, the thread to "claim" a character can be found here, and the audition thread itself can be found here.

Congratulations to JM95 for winning the role of Spike the Dragon, although this turn of events also means that he has voluntarily given up the role of Cheese Sandwich, putting him up for grabs along with all of the other available Canon Character roles.

As a reminder, if there are at least TWO auditions for the same character, a poll will be held within three days of the last audition made for that character. Additional auditions will be accepted at that time, but the deadline will not be extended. In three days after the poll has been started, the votes will be counted, and the winner will be announced, as with the old method.

To those of you that play Canon Characters: It is encouraged that you play your Canon Characters as often as you can, within reason. The JAE staff realizes that it can be more difficult to play certain characters in a day to day situation than others, (Such as one of the Princesses, in comparison to say... Pinkie Pie.) so in some cases, leniency is exercised. Still, it never hurts to make a thread that involves a character, that for once, doesn't involve the fate of Equestria hanging in the balance.

Journeys Across Equestria is a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Roleplay Forum set five years after the show. A 100 word count minimum for posts is enforced for all In-Character posts.

Our TVTropes Page: LINK

Date: June 2019 A.D (After Discord)
Current Events: Blood Moon
Description: When the Sisters are cut off from the Moon and the Realm of Dreams, a dark presence makes itself known in Equstria as children everywhere fall into a magically-induced slumber, plagued by terrible nightmares!
This site appears best in Chrome, Firefox and Opera browsers.

Our Affiliates
Equestrian LegendsWars of Equestria
The Fun Has Been Doubled!
Our Banner
Journeys Across Equestria: What stories will you discover on your travels?

Pages: (5) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Topic ClosedStart New TopicStart New Poll

Blood Moon: Nightmares [part 1a], [June 15th, 2019][Twilight][Open]
Tsukiko
 Posted: May 16 2014, 02:12 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 26

"The hay is going on... I never seen this kind of thing happen before... Clearly there's strong magical influence, superior to even that of a healthy changeling queen.". Utopia was visibly worried now, sweating cold. "This is nowhere like any case I had prior to my living here... And we don't have much time to look into, do we? No... ... I'm going to try to terminate this dream, if that doesn't work... Then I will need you to keep my magic up while I go in there to do a deeper clean-up!"

And thus she swung the magical scythe harmlessly through both Tiramisu and Spike. The only thing that would be harmed by that was their nightmares, as a light would cut through to pull it away... But... Would that really work? What if that was stronger even than her magic? She was scared...

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Moon Shard // Werewolf Pegasus // Colt
Sun Shard // Half-Vampony Unicorn // Filly
Utopia "Dream Reaper" // Unicorn // Mare
Kagerou // Eastern Dragon // Male
Xiaomai // Earth Qilin // Buck
Kingin // Unicorn // Stallion
Extra Data
Haretake - Kogane's bamboo sprout, planted in the garden behind her room, given by Dandelion. She personally cares of him at all times.
Kon-Kon - A Take Gitsune (Bamboo Fox). A small fox-like creature made of aged bamboo stalks, bulbs, brown-red bamboo leaves and with a pair of faintly glowing green for eyes, most likely a cub. After sneaking into Purple Cloud's saddlebag while she was in Mane-ji and causing her some trouble, he has now become Purple Cloud's pet, and has a thing for drinking her tea or eating fruits. All he says is what sounds like a "Kon!".
PM
JM95
 Posted: May 16 2014, 02:34 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4

Unfortunately, Utopia's scythe would have no effect. It only served to make the dream projections murkier, and the voices coming from them more distorted. Spike squirmed uncomfortably murmuring out loud.

"My friends....Mmfff...They'll be here to..." Spike squirmed again, the last part of his sentence fading into indecipherable mumbling.

"F̛r᷂i͡e̹n᷄d͏s̍?̴ ̶Y̔o᷅u̾r̓ ̧f̄r̟i̦ên̩d͗s̳ ̴w̙i̾lͫlͯ ̌h᷊ąv͞ḙ ͛n᷅oͅ ̕w̷a͔y̪ ̺o͝f᷃.̯.͆.̏" The donkey's voice faded in and out, snarling.

Miss Blossom was frantically flipping through the book she had taken off of Twilight's shelf when she heard the voices. "Oh dear...That doesn't sound good..." She turned a few more pages, but nothing related to nightmares or a blue ram came up in this book. She muttered some very un-teacherly things to herself, taking out another book.

The book Blossom took next was titled Conquerors of Ancient Days and detailed some of the first enemies of Ponykind to have ever existed. She didn't recognize any of their names...But she came across a page that had a picture of an engraving on it. The engraving was of a ram standing proudly with a city in the background! A new clue!

"I found something!" Miss Blossom called to Twilight. "It's an engraving of what I think is the ram...But the caption's scribbled out and is far too smudged to read..." Trying to remove the smudge would likely not work without risking severe damage to the page in the book. In fact, rubbing the smudge out would likely smudge it even more.

PM
Twilight Sparkle
 Posted: May 16 2014, 03:28 PM

Group: Canon Characters
Member No.: 78

Twilight Sparkle rushed to Spikes side. Utopia was trying her best, but it seemed to only be making things worse. Twilight didn't blame her though...this just confirmed what had been growing clearer and clearer ever second. Something was definitely behind this, and it was trying to make sure they couldn't stop it.

"Spike we're still here for you. Just hold on. Your friends haven't abandoned you." Twilight said in a reassuring tone. She was trying her best to mask the nervousness she felt. If Spike could hear her somewhere in there, she didn't want him to feel sacred or, Celestia forbid, worried about her. The more he could focus and getting through this, on keeping himself safe, the better, and that went for their other guest too.
"I may not know who you are, or where you came from but I'm here for you too. We all are. Just hang in there." She said, looking at Tiramisu with concern.

"Doctor Utopia, I'll help you with the magic, if you wish but be careful. If we push at this thing to hard and it pushes back it may be dangerous for them both. You're more experienced in this however, so I'll support you in whatever you choose." She said before swiftly turning to Miss Blossom. She'd found the right book, but the page seemed smudged.

"Darn it. Why are the most important pages always smudged? Still this is helpful...if only we knew who this was. I'd try asking Celestia, but with Spike stuck in the nightmare the only other way to give the message would be in person, and that's out of the question." She couldn't just leave, not now. She was ready to assist Utopia and would if the doctor went forward with her treatment.

"I'm going to asset Utopia. Maybe you can find something else to clue us in on who's behind this? Maybe there's something in the context that can help us even if the section we need is missing. I know it's a long shot, but I haven't found anything yet. Maybe you'll have better luck." Twilight said to Miss Blossom before focusing on the draconic pair once again.
PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: May 16 2014, 04:12 PM

Advanced Member

"Well then... Off to dreamland I go.". With that, her horn pulsated with magic one last time, before she fell into slumber to project her consciousness off her body. However, it would be unlikely for them to even see her unless Twilight did as told and kept her Dream Reaper Mode active for them to monitor the dreams.

"External stimuli are uneffective, the spell cast on them comes from deeper within. So, if I can take it to its core, I can hopefully isolate it and wake them up. This is foolish, but got to work." and thus she stepped into Spike's dream world first.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Extra Data
Haretake - Kogane's bamboo sprout, planted in the garden behind her room, given by Dandelion. She personally cares of him at all times.
Kon-Kon - A Take Gitsune (Bamboo Fox). A small fox-like creature made of aged bamboo stalks, bulbs, brown-red bamboo leaves and with a pair of faintly glowing green for eyes, most likely a cub. After sneaking into Purple Cloud's saddlebag while she was in Mane-ji and causing her some trouble, he has now become Purple Cloud's pet, and has a thing for drinking her tea or eating fruits. All he says is what sounds like a "Kon!".
PM
JM95
 Posted: May 18 2014, 03:51 AM

Advanced Member

When Utopia fell asleep, she would see nothing but black...But then a voice, ear-splittingly loud, would force her back awake.

"NO TRESPASSING ON CITY GROUNDS!" the donkey's voice rang out, loud and clear this time. Utopia would be forced back awake, and find that her dream projections all around were shattering like glass.

Miss Blossom, in the middle of reading a book, was interrupted by what sounded like glass breaking. The dream projections were breaking into jagged pieces and falling upon the floor!

"The projections!" Miss Blossom exclaimed. "What's happening?" The pink mare looked all around, terrified at what was going on. The picture of the ram in the book she was reading suddenly smudged into a black stain. The shattered remains of the dream worlds began to blacken into the color of obsidian, and evaporate into a thick, black, wispy mist that engulfed the entire room. It would put every pony in the room who was still awake into an immediate sleep. Blossom felt like she was reading books in Twilight's castle one moment, but locked in some sort of strange room in the next. Twilight and Utopia would be there with her.

Only those with magic would be able to sense this, but the walls absolutely crackled with the sickly crackle of an anti-magical field. There would be no use of magic upon the door or walls that would be able to allow anyone to escape...Otherwise, though, magic would work on objects in the room. The conditions in this cell were those that a noble would face under arrest. It was something like a glorified house arrest, really, but just not in Twilight's house.

The donkey's voice rang out from some kind of intercom device, speakers located on some walls in the room. "According to Article 7 of the City Laws of Tambelon, all who trespass upon city grounds with malicious intent shall be placed under immediate arrest. Article 7-1 states that for royals and their accomplices, adequate conditions shall be provided. NOW EAT YOUR GRUEL, PONIES!"

Upon a table in the center of the room, three bowls of gruel magically transported in. Speaking of the table, there were a few other noticeable things in this room: A cupboard, a bookshelf filled with mostly useless books, a door with a rug in front of it, a couple of chairs around the table, and a very sturdy-looking trash can. The manipulation of some of these objects would be essential if there was any way of escaping.

Miss Blossom cautiously took a spoonful of gruel and put it in her mouth. It was so unspeakably awful-tasting, she choked and spit it into the trash can. The gruel was just plain inedible...But could it help somehow?

PM
Chibiman007
 Posted: May 18 2014, 04:26 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19

This was unacceptable! The town's streets were full of panicking ponies, screaming about this or that. The fact that there were foals sleeping and muttering or screaming to themselves agitated him even more. This was completely ridiculous!

But this wasn't why Amor Eterno galloped through the streets, dodging ponies here and there. No he was far more concerned with his hivelings. They had all fallen asleep as the foals had. The worst part was the recurring images. Some sort of Blue thing. It was fuzzy at best, the Hivemind he shared with them being weakened by whatever was causing this unending sleep. It was worrying, and also aggravating. They were his subjects and no one else's!

He stormed up to Twilight's Castle and quickly made his way inside, checking every room he could, until he walked right into the room the three had been in. With a sudden lurch of his stomach he was somewhere else. That sudden transportation made him heave, before shutting his mouth. He concentrated, keeping himself still before the feeling faded, though he dropped his disguise. He shook his head then let out a breath before looking to the three before him. Twilight, obviously the mare he was looking for, Utopia, a mare he knew well, and... Some other mare he'd never met before. He opened his mouth to speak before looking down at himself. He frowned then changed back into Amor and shook himself off. He cleared his throat, then spoke.

"Might I ask where I am, and why i'm standing in... what I can Only guess is dirt that HASN'T been cleaned?" He scoffed then shook his head. "...Wait are... we in a cage?" He frowned looking about.

PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: May 18 2014, 11:22 AM

Advanced Member

Utopia didn't jolt awake... But her consciousness had been shut down due to the stress she had been handling all this time, effectively putting her into a blank slumber. During said slumber, she simply mumbled "If I only had my power back... Like when I was... Queen...", before they were transported elsewhere.

Even so, she didn't wake up. Her magic had concentrated upon herself, perhaps in an attempt to prevent the mysterious enemy from looking into her secrets. But who knew if that was effective?! Someone who was able to keep her from going to other ponies's dream could perhaps easily wander into her own dream and do whatever they wanted... Of course, this would also mean they would witness not only her subconscious, but also all her memory and knowledge would become an open book!

CELESTIA SAVES US ALL IF THEY LEARN ABOUT THE DREAM TOWER! ... OK, it ain't that serious, for the dream tower was just a concept of an hybrid hotel-spa-dream clinic, but someone could use the design for their evil plans...

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Extra Data
PM
Twilight Sparkle
 Posted: May 19 2014, 09:55 AM

Twilight had suspected a trap, but she should have been better prepared. There was hardly even enough time to scrawl down a note or a warning or even erect a barrier before she had fallen prey to the trap and fallen asleep. Unfortunately there was nothing to be done. They would have to find a way out from the inside of this nightmare or wait for rescue. For now, she knew which option was more appealing. It's not like she didn't trust her friends or the Princesses to find some way to help. it was just that the less time she spent in a nightmare prison crackling with dark energy the happier she would be.

"I'm sorry everypony. I should have taken some precautions in case ...well in case something like this happened. After all this time I thought I had gotten better at spotting traps." Twilight said with a sigh. She took a quick stock of the room. It seemed to be of a relatively good quality, at least as far as prison cells go. It also seemed to have one more guest than she had been anticipating.

"I'm sorry, you must have gotten caught in the crossfire. I should have put up a warning." She said as she looked at Terrus. She wasn't sure who he was or where he'd come from but they were in this together now. Seeing as he'd stood about for a time before transforming, Twilight had gotten a glance of his true form, or what she assumed was his true form, but for now she would keep it to herself. They could discuss it when they were in safer surroundings.

" I'm Twilight Sparkle. I wish we could have met under better circumstances. As far as I can tell we're being held in a City called 'Tambelon', at least according to the announcement. If I'm correct we are also at the Ponyville Library lying on the ground in a deep but troubled sleep. That's my assumption anyway. Let's stay calm and take a look around. We need to find a way out of here, and the sooner we can do so the better." Twilight said, walking over to the table and examining one of the bowls of gruel. She gave it a careful sniff and lifted it up to get a closer look. She doubted this could help them, but she had to start somewhere.
PM
JM95
 Posted: May 19 2014, 12:59 PM

Advanced Member

If Twilight sniffed the gruel, there would be a distinct smell...Looking closer, she would possibly find that the gruel had an amber-colored tint to it. But was this syrup, or some kind of chemical? Only tasting it would confirm things for sure!

Miss Blossom looked at the garbage can that she had spit a mouthful of gruel into. Next to it, she found its lid! Perhaps the trash can could be used to break out in some sort of way? She had no idea what slamming it repeatedly against the door would do, but it looked quite sturdy. However, she would wait to see what the others found. She decided to approach Twilight and Terrus.

Terrus was closest to the rug, and something shiny would be visible out of the corner of his eye in the direction of the rug. If he investigated the rug, he would find two keys! However, there was no keyhole to be seen on the room's door. It just seemed to be a stone slab.

As for Utopia, her sleeping would soon be interrupted by a very clear vision of the donkey. He had bad teeth, and his cloth coif was half red, half orange. His blue eyes shimmered with malice, and he was holding what looked to be a vuvuzela.

"I know we all need our naps sometimes, but we have a set sleep schedule in this prison. Now is not the time for resting, but for thinking! WAKE UP, PONY!" He blew the vuvuzela so loud, Utopia would have to wake up.

Would the bookcase, the table, or the intercom speakers play any part in getting the ponies out? Perhaps they would, perhaps they wouldn't.

PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: May 19 2014, 01:39 PM

Advanced Member

Utopia, in her dream self, had called the donkey by a fitting three-letters word, as well as telling him to shut up. She slowly woke up, but she certainly looked more tired than anything. "I think I managed to lock all important info in the depths of my mind... But my consciousness is dead exhausted... ... Don't expect me to tell you ponies everything, I'm just the subconscious... First of all... Where are we?! My head is pounding like I have crashed head first into a mountain. ... AH! TWILIGHT SPARKLE! Haven't seen you in years and- Really, where am I?!"

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Extra Data
PM
Chibiman007
 Posted: May 19 2014, 08:34 PM

Advanced Member

Terrus, or more currently, Amor snorted. " I see." He said with a frown. He frowned looking about before a shine caught his eyes. He grunted and blinked twice before frowning and heading over to the shine. He nudged the rug with his hooves before picking up the two keys. "Huh. Quaint... Hiding the keys under a rug. How cliche..." He muttered to himself before shaking his head. " Well Miss Twilight I'm sure where ever we are theres a good reason that we, and by extension, you, are locked up." He nodded. " Never the less I found two keys though I have no idea what they are for. As for those rather trashy looking things on that table I'm going to stay as far away from those as possible."

PM
Twilight Sparkle
 Posted: May 20 2014, 02:47 PM

Twilight was a little confused by some of Utopia's statements. As far as she could remember she'd only met Doctor Utopia today, not years ago. Maybe it had something to do with the odd dream they were trapped in? Utopia had been asleep when they arrived in this cell. Perhaps sleeping within a dream led to some sense of time dilation? While it was an interesting theory she wasn't too eager to test it at the moment. First things first, after all.

"Well there's certainly a reason, thought I doubt it's a good one. I think we've been abducted by an entity that's taking advantage of the Blood Moon, though I'm not quite sure for what purpose. The quicker we can escape and help the foals captured here, the sooner whatever our captors are planning will be undone." Twilight said before looking back to the gruel. She'd gotten a familiar small, but couldn't quite place what it was. It seemed like there was only one way to identify it, as much as she didn't look forward to doing so. She levitated the bowl up and dipped her tongue into it. Utterly Disgusting. How could anypony call this food? It tasted more like oil. Well.... wait a second...it tasted exactly like oil. In fact, it tasted like-

"Lantern oil.! This tastes exactly like lantern oil!" Twilight exclaimed. She didn't exactly wish to disclose how she knew what lantern oil tasted like, and it wasn't particularly important. Instead she started to focus on other matters, for instance the speakers in the room.
"This intercom, I wonder how it operates. If I'm right, perhaps it could aid in our escape!" she said, flying over to one of the speakers to examine it more closely.
PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: May 20 2014, 03:25 PM

Advanced Member

"An intercom... I had some back when I set up the dream tower. I don't know how they operate exactly, but there are some that can send and receive on both ends, and there are those that can only revceive on one end, as the other can send and receive."

Her mind went to the bookshelf, pondering its usefulness. "I wonder if there's anything here I can learn from. I cannot stop, I must learn something! I'm restless! If I can't focus on something, I can't sleep! If I can't sleep, it'll be bad for when I'm consciously awake!", could she be more weird in this state?

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Extra Data
PM
JM95
 Posted: May 21 2014, 06:10 AM

Advanced Member

Miss Blossom looked from Terrus to Twilight, looking at both the keys and that awful gruel. "Gruel with lantern oil in it, as well as two keys..." She got an idea, and pushed the trash can towards the table. In doing so, she revealed a hole in the wall with a bag of something in it. She took the bag and opened it, and within the bag was some black powder. "Maybe we have to make some kind of bomb to blow down the door," she suggested. "I know for sure there aren't any holes made for those keys in the door."

Looking at the bookcase, Utopia would find a book that was glaringly out of place. It was bound with black leather instead of brown leather like the other books, and it wasn't in line with the others. It was sticking out of its place instead of being pushed as far as it could go into the shelf. The title of the book, The Final PUSH, was written in gold down the spine. Why was the word PUSH in all caps? Well, considering this was looking more and more like some kind of weird puzzle game every minute, perhaps this was some kind of hint?

The voice came over the intercom once again. "STOP PLAYING WITH YOUR FOOD, PONIES!" the voice that presumably belonged to that donkey rang out. The room began to shake, as if there was an earthquake going on. It wasn't going to injure anypony or knock them over, it was just enough to be bothersome. And with that little quake, the black book fell out of its shelf. If Utopia saw the cover, she would see an image of a key on the front, engraved in gold.

PM
Chibiman007
 Posted: May 21 2014, 03:14 PM

Advanced Member

Amor watched Blossom and blinked lightly at her suggestion. He thought. " Perhaps its not a bomb." He said. " But a cannon.. We have a trash can, Some bowls full of, got knows what, two keys I have no idea where they go. I'm sure with this, and a little magic we could very easily make a one shot cannon." He nodded or a moment. Then the shaking started. It took a moment for Amor to regain his footing before glaring up at the Intercom. " Oh Bugger off you great annoyance. We'll do whatever we please." He shook his head. " We should get to work quick."

PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (5) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » Topic ClosedStart New TopicStart New Poll