Announcements
Start | Stop

Welcome to a world where love and friendship create the strongest of spells, and where an adventure can be found beyond every twist and turn. A world where all kinds of creatures find themselves in situations of a positively ludicrous nature, day after day, even! In such a world, where "normal" is relative, and mundane is anything but; what sort of journey will you find yourself on today?

• • •

Starting on the In-character date of Mid-June 2019, Journeys Across Equestria's first "Post Reboot" Story Arc will begin. When the latest Lunar Eclipse refuses to pass, Luna and Celestia find themselves cut off from the Moon and Realm of Dreams! Meanwhile, children everywhere are suddenly and inexplicably falling into a deep magical slumber, where they are tormented by terrible nightmares! Who, or what could possibly be responsible?!

To learn more about this upcoming event, please visit the Blood Moon Information and General Discussion thread in the Inn. If you want one or more of your characters to participate in this event, let us know here! The cutoff date for players who wish to participate in this event is May 11th, 2014.

• • •

In order to lessen spam and messages from bots, users are required to register a username for, and log into the Cbox in order to use it.

We are currently accepting Canon Character applications! A list of available characters can be found here, the thread to "claim" a character can be found here, and the audition thread itself can be found here.

Congratulations to JM95 for winning the role of Spike the Dragon, although this turn of events also means that he has voluntarily given up the role of Cheese Sandwich, putting him up for grabs along with all of the other available Canon Character roles.

As a reminder, if there are at least TWO auditions for the same character, a poll will be held within three days of the last audition made for that character. Additional auditions will be accepted at that time, but the deadline will not be extended. In three days after the poll has been started, the votes will be counted, and the winner will be announced, as with the old method.

To those of you that play Canon Characters: It is encouraged that you play your Canon Characters as often as you can, within reason. The JAE staff realizes that it can be more difficult to play certain characters in a day to day situation than others, (Such as one of the Princesses, in comparison to say... Pinkie Pie.) so in some cases, leniency is exercised. Still, it never hurts to make a thread that involves a character, that for once, doesn't involve the fate of Equestria hanging in the balance.

Journeys Across Equestria is a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Roleplay Forum set five years after the show. A 100 word count minimum for posts is enforced for all In-Character posts.

Our TVTropes Page: LINK

Date: June 2019 A.D (After Discord)
Current Events: Blood Moon
Description: When the Sisters are cut off from the Moon and the Realm of Dreams, a dark presence makes itself known in Equstria as children everywhere fall into a magically-induced slumber, plagued by terrible nightmares!
This site appears best in Chrome, Firefox and Opera browsers.

Our Affiliates
Equestrian LegendsWars of Equestria
The Fun Has Been Doubled!
Our Banner
Journeys Across Equestria: What stories will you discover on your travels?

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

Revival, [OPEN] [February 19th, 2019]
That Little Twerp
 Posted: Apr 12 2014, 01:12 AM

Administrator

Group: Admins
Member No.: 1

If one were to venture deep into the Everfree Forest, one would find the remains of the Castle of the Pony Sisters, in which the climactic battle between Princess Celestia and the wicked Nightmare Moon took place, but below the towering rock spire that the castle rested upon, were the ruins of the city that the twisted forest was named after. Dilapidated buildings, rubble strewn everywhere, it is completely uninhabited... by anything living, at least.

The battle between the two sisters was not without casualties, as several of their guardsponies caught in the crossfire had been turned to stone, much like a certain Spirit of Chaos and Disharmony. However, unlike Discord, they could not maintain their sense of self and consciousness for very long, and soon became nothing more than lifeless statues, save for a single stallion, whose frozen form held a rusted greatsword in their hooves, standing on their hind legs in front of the remains of a massive gate that led to an impressive, if dilapidated set of stairs that at one point in time, led up to the castle on top of the tall spire-like rock formation.

If one looked closely, the expression upon the stallion's face was one of many emotions trying to form a coherent whole. Shock, no doubt at the sight of the two Sisters engaging in battle, confusion as to why it was occurring, betrayal, perhaps due to the fact the younger sister had effectively declared war upon the elder, and realization at the unpleasant fate that soon awaited him.

For one thousand years, Obsidian Blade's tenacity and endurance were all that kept him alive while in his stony prison, unable to do anything as he felt the magic of his fellow frozen compatriots fade away over the ages. For one thousand years, he fought against the powerful dark magic that kept him trapped, to no avail... until five years ago, when Nightmare Moon fell once more to the power of the Elements of Harmony. Since then, Obsidian had been hard at work, chipping away at what little there was left of the spell binding him, until finally...

... krk...

... crick...

Ker-CRACK

KRAK-A-THOOM

A ragged gasp for breath tore through the silence as Obsidian Blade felt air enter his lungs for the first time in over one thousand years, finally free of the wretched prison that Nightmare Moon had entombed him and what were once his fellow guardsponies in.

"By the stars..." he wheezed,the barest of satisfied grins gracing his features. "... it's about damn time!"

PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: Apr 12 2014, 07:22 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 26

"This place is a Hell..."

Complained a bat pony wearing the Luna Armor. Kicking a nearby small rock away, he watched it roll off his reach.

"I thought I would never had to set a single hoof here. Not after- ... Forget it, Somnus... Ain't worth remembering your own hell..."

Somnus... Now there's a name many haven't heard in a while. And certainly, none here would have heard. He explored the ruins, in search for a certain valuable item. Soon he held a wood-brown sword, that snapped in half at a single strike against the stone.

"Nothing of worth here! ... At most the lives of warriors that faded here... ... Know what?"

Soon he stopped, staring up to the statue of Obsidian. He hadn't noticed anything strange yet...

"I think I should pay respect to them while I'm here... They fought against something terrible and now they are entombed here. what was this one's name again? I think I have heard of him somewhere... Onyx Saber? No... Iron Sword? Nope. Zantetsuken? Heck no! ... Ah! It was Obsidian Blade!"

What an absurd timing. The moment he mentioned said name was the moment he heard the crackling of stone. Perhaps it had started cracking a little before that, but who knows for real?

Somnus had a mini heart attack, the moment Obsidian Blade got free. But then he put his poker face on, trying to keep himself calm and collected. His helmet had fallen at the sudden evasive movement he had made.

"Okay, the dead comes back to life and a filly's nightmare could be real. Okay. ... Except... You are not dead at all. Are you, Obsidian Blade?"

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Moon Shard // Werewolf Pegasus // Colt
Sun Shard // Half-Vampony Unicorn // Filly
Utopia "Dream Reaper" // Unicorn // Mare
Kagerou // Eastern Dragon // Male
Xiaomai // Earth Qilin // Buck
Kingin // Unicorn // Stallion
Extra Data
Haretake - Kogane's bamboo sprout, planted in the garden behind her room, given by Dandelion. She personally cares of him at all times.
Kon-Kon - A Take Gitsune (Bamboo Fox). A small fox-like creature made of aged bamboo stalks, bulbs, brown-red bamboo leaves and with a pair of faintly glowing green for eyes, most likely a cub. After sneaking into Purple Cloud's saddlebag while she was in Mane-ji and causing her some trouble, he has now become Purple Cloud's pet, and has a thing for drinking her tea or eating fruits. All he says is what sounds like a "Kon!".
PM
SillyFilly
 Posted: Apr 12 2014, 01:24 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 54

"Tsk, tsk, tsk..." Moon muttered from a buttress, loud enough for her voice to carry down to where Somnus was "Are you quite finished breaking valuable antiques down there?" She shook her head melodramatically "Saw the ride you flew here in. S'pretty nice, be a shame if somepony was to break that by accident too."

Moon raised an ornate sword, and used it to motion Somnus away from the now cracked statue "So why don't you step away from everything breakable, and we can discuss something profitable for both of us. Say 60-40, that's 60 in my favour." She shook here head again "And before you get any "smart" ideas, remember I'm the one who knows the ins and outs here and you're the one who's been tramping up here breaking things. You're lucky I'm offering the fourty percent." She gave a shrug, "But I figure it''s cheaper than having you break everything."

PM
That Little Twerp
 Posted: Apr 13 2014, 02:17 PM

Administrator

"I should hope not." said Obsidian Blade, dusting off whatever bits of stone stuck to his fur and armor. "Otherwise that's one thousand years of effort wasted."

He turned his attention to the bat pony, offering him his helmet that had left his grasp.

"Like your friend says, you should be a bit more careful down here. I've seen all kinds of nasty creatures wander through these ruins during my... extended nap, and I doubt the two of you would want to be at the mercy of a Manticore, Cockatrice, Chimera, or Timberwolf, among other things." he said, chuckling. "At least the Chimeras can talk, everything else is more or less just trying to eat you."

PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: Apr 14 2014, 01:44 PM

Advanced Member

"Sorry, I don't make deal with thieves.", Somnus teased Moon, "100% of my findings are all mine, but I'm here for something more special."

But then, his attention returned to Obsidian, to whom this Bat Pony respectfully bowed, accepting his helmet back.

"Thank you, veteran. I am glad to see you haven't given up. I assume someone like you must require a time to pay respects to fallen comrades... And..."

Once again, Somnus wandered among the petrified warriors, a serious expression on his face. He was actually feeling sad for them. Surely there was no telling whether they were dead for good, but...

"I guess tears have been shed for them... Right? Now... I do not have a thing to fear here. I'm not like yer average guard, you see. Not anymore."

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Extra Data
Haretake - Kogane's bamboo sprout, planted in the garden behind her room, given by Dandelion. She personally cares of him at all times.
Kon-Kon - A Take Gitsune (Bamboo Fox). A small fox-like creature made of aged bamboo stalks, bulbs, brown-red bamboo leaves and with a pair of faintly glowing green for eyes, most likely a cub. After sneaking into Purple Cloud's saddlebag while she was in Mane-ji and causing her some trouble, he has now become Purple Cloud's pet, and has a thing for drinking her tea or eating fruits. All he says is what sounds like a "Kon!".
PM
SillyFilly
 Posted: Apr 15 2014, 01:59 AM

Advanced Member

"Please..." Moon shook her head slowly "...I'm a conservationist." She gave the bat pony a sly smirk "And finding things is only half the battle, keeping it, transporting it, finding a buy- a-" she paused, momentarily "a suitable patron to care for the item. That takes real skill."

Moon raised the sword again "And if you're so insensible to fear, soon you shall be just another dead guard." Moon squinted at the recently freed pony, playing close attention to the rank ornamentation he wore.

"Like the Major said, you need to be careful down here; and things are seldom imprisoned without good cause." Moon turned more of her attention to the ancient stallion. "What proof have you that you're not some skin-changer, or possessed by dark magics?" She gave a slight curtsey, not taking her eyes off him, "If you will forgive my impertinence, but you two guard ponies should know the importance of prudence."

PM
That Little Twerp
 Posted: Apr 15 2014, 02:37 AM

Administrator

"I can't say that I have any." said Obsidian Blade, simply shrugging. "I could say I'm real as you or he, or that I'm under no one's control, but I've nary a doubt that you wouldn't believe me."

He sighed, and looked to what was once his signature weapon, now a rusted hunk of iron that crumbled to dust as soon as he tried to grasp it with his magic.

"Drat. That was my favorite one, too..." he muttered, before returning his attention to the mare.

"I have to say, your pragmatism reminds me of a comrade, or rather... former comrade of mine. The fact your eyes resemble his certainly helps, too." he said, his smile faltering for a moment. "Nightfall Glimmer. No nonsense stallion, he was. Used to be a Night Guard, before defecting from Nightmare Moon's forces. Not a single member of the Solar Guard trusted him, but he would endure the whispers behind his back, and the accusations of being a spy."

He paused, his smile returning, though a bit more morose in appearance.

"He was always one to let his actions speak for him, rather than words. Prideful one, he was. It was his pride, perhaps, or maybe it was a desire to prove himself to his ungrateful peers that led him to defend the Eastern gate as the civilians fled, taking on no less than three squadrons of Night Guards to make sure that everypony had been evacuated. By the time my Squadron had arrived to the scene, all three squadrons of Night Guards were slain, and Nightfall had died standing in a pool of his, and possibly other ponies' blood."

Tears began to form in his eyes as he continued.

"Several spears had been stuck into him, his wings torn, his helmet lost in the chaos, and his hooves cracked; but he stood firm, and he hadn't moved an inch in his defense of the gate. I daresay he honored both the Solar and Night Guards with his actions, but, well... one thousand or so years stuck in stone leaves one somewhat out of the loop..."

PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: Apr 15 2014, 06:23 AM

Advanced Member

"Hahah, I'm EX-Luna Guard, girl. Now I'm a merc, going here and there for all kinds of tasks. But hey! I ain't the star of tonight's show."

True... The real star here was Obsidian Blade, after all. But what Moon's suspicion on such a fellow guard kind of made him think about that too, not denying such possibilities.

"There's no denying that those are possible, but let's listen either way."

Somnus calmly listened to the tale Obsidian Blade had to share. He knew how it was, to hear whispers behind his back and such, being thought to be a spy. It was no easy for someone on the Night Side of the guard.

"Ouch. Heard of something like that, but never of names. Seems they wanted to keep information from me in my past as a guard. ... No wonder, I was the one to have weird tastes and being born from a pegasus, that surely brought one to think I was a vampony or worse. And don't hold back your feelings, Obsidian. If you have to cry... Let it all out."

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Extra Data
PM
SillyFilly
 Posted: Apr 15 2014, 12:58 PM

Advanced Member

"You still got a pulse don't you?" Moon shot back at the bat-pony "If you where guard, maybe; But royal guard?" She shook her head "You may roll with my kind of scum, and you may no longer have your commission, but I don't buy what you're selling." She gave him a slight shrug "You can take the pony out of the royal guard, but I ain't never heard of nothing that could take the royal guard out of the pony. Some things just don't change," Moon gave a slight smirk "Just like how a thousand years haven't taught you royal guard colts that it's polite to introduce yourself to a lady."

Moon turned her attention back to the unicorn and sheathed the sword before lazily tossing it towards him, trusting in his ponykinesis to catch it. "Here, take mine. Actions, not words, wasn't it? And you could handle it better than me." Moon avoided mentioning that both her and the batpony could always use their wings to stay out of his range if he turned out to be less that trustworthy.

"Help me explore the ruins, and with carrying cargo back to my ship, and I'll see you safely back to any port in Equestria, with enough gold to start a new life..." Moon studied him momentarily, thinking back to her conversation with the bat pony "...or perhaps the right contacts you need to resume an old one."

Moon didn't wait for him to respond, glancing quickly to see if the three of them where still alone "Well," she said impatiently "let's start with the eastern gate."

PM
That Little Twerp
 Posted: Apr 15 2014, 01:21 PM

Administrator

"No, no... it's quite alright. Enough of my tears were shed over my comrades. I've done my fair share of grieving, and one thousand years is more than enough time to do so." he said, sighing deeply.

Catching the sword, sheath and all, with his magic, he looked it over.

"Smaller than what I'm used to, and a bit too ornate for my tastes, but it'll do." he muttered, before turning his attention back to the bat pony.

"I'm afraid your friend is right, though; it was rather impolite to not introduce myself earlier; Major Obsidian Blade, leader of the Caliburn Squadron in the Seventh Swordspony Battalion, at your service, Ma'am." he said, bowing at the mare. "And no offense, but I'm fairly certain my old life ended when I was turned into a a glorified garden decoration. I sincerely doubt Princess Celestia realizes I've managed to survive her sister's thrice-damned curse, either."

That last sentence was said with no small amount of venom, not towards Princess Celestia, but his expression was one of anger at a certain Princess of the Night-turned-madpony and the spell that had rendered him a statue for centuries. He sighed, and his expression softened before he spoke again.

"I'll help you, but whatever you decide to do shall be at your discretion. I've no quarrel with either decision." he offered the mare a smile, and motioned for the two ponies to follow them as he led them to the eastern gate of the city... or rather, what was left of it.

PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: Apr 15 2014, 03:48 PM

Advanced Member

"I don't hate to admit Pretty Adventure Seeker Lady here is right. I just am too focused on my mission to often stray my eyes... I'm Captain Somnus of Alice II, head mercenary of my family of mercenaries, former member of the Luna Guard."

Unlike Obsidian, however, Somnus didn't bow. he just tipped his helmet a little, before continuing.

"Fancy meeting both of you, though I wish it had been in a less... Sad place... For lack of better words. I suppose I can help you too, if that gets me anywhere near my objective."

That's right... He was looking for something here.... But what was it? Why couldn't he talk about it?

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Extra Data
PM
SillyFilly
 Posted: Apr 15 2014, 04:25 PM

Advanced Member

"Squadron Leader Obsidian Blade and Captain Somnus," Moon gave a slight nod to both of them as she fell into step behind the older Unicorn. "what a odd flock we make, but there's no need for ma'ams. I'm Moon Chaser, so Moon's fine." She gave a little laugh "After all, you're a squadron commander in the royal guard, and Somnus is the head of a mercenary company. I'm sure ma'am shows far too much deference for a pony like me." Moon's voice held a playful lilt, devoid of reproach, as if she beheld some private fancy.

"Good to see long years of disuse have not dulled your edge, Squadron Commander, that you got both Somnus and me onside. A skill set I am sure the pr..." Moon hesitated, noting the venom with which he spoke of the night princesses, "...crown would prize. But much has changed, perhaps prudence would dictate you acclimatise yourself to the modern era before making any decisions." Moon gave a small chuckle, and the playful edge returned to her voice, "Or perhaps Prudence would merely suggest, for Prudence is wise and knows a nudge can do more than a push."

Moon glanced over at Somnus "Your objective? We could be more help if we knew more." She gave him a winning smile "And as for trust, if there's some small bauble here that is the sum total of which you seek, why would I deny you that? Better you have a small part, and I the main than I rob you of your prize and risk the lot. So, if you will not trust my word that I would earnestly help you seek your goal, trust in that fact."

PM
That Little Twerp
 Posted: Apr 15 2014, 04:52 PM

Administrator

"Moon Chaser, is it? Very well then, if that's what you prefer." said Obsidian, smiling. "Though I suppose my... extended absence would have possibly resulted in the relief of my duties, so I doubt I'm truly a leader of a Squadron, much less a Major these days, so Obsidian shall suffice. If you prefer, you can call me Sid; it was what my friends called me, anyway."

He listened to Moon for a moment, before he decided to continue, weighing the suggestion in his mind. Seek out Celestia and reinstate his rank, or wait a while, and see just how much his homeland had changed in a millenium. Both were sound ideas, but as he learned in his military career, sometimes discretion was the better part of valor.

"Fair point." he said, finally. "I suppose returning to active duty can wait a while. Princess Celestia's patience is as limitless as her wisdom is unfathomable. Surely she would understand."

Eventually, the trio had made their way to the eastern gate, the corpses of not only Night Glimmer, whose skeleton, greyed with age and dust, had finally fallen prone with no muscles to support it. Around his skeletal remains were that of the Night Guards he had slain, several bones either fractured or outright pulverized on a large number of them, while the rest had spears embedded into or had been sent straight through their ribcages. The scene was disquieting and morose, the results of ages old carnage laid out before them.

PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: Apr 15 2014, 05:05 PM

Advanced Member

"I wish I could involve more into my mission, but... The contractor made it clear that not even those of my crew should know of my target. The most I can say is that its value cannot be told by its shine."

The bat pony really felt bad he could not share much information, but perhaps that would eventually avert Moon's attention to something else. And then there was that scene. Night Glimmer's skeleton among many others.

"There was a Clash on the Big Bridge, but here's a Clash on the Big Gate... I suppose this is where he rests, right, Obsidian?"

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Extra Data
PM
SillyFilly
 Posted: Apr 16 2014, 04:23 AM

Advanced Member

Moon glanced side-long at Somnus "All that is gold, does not glitter; All that's long does not last." She glanced at the remains of Sid's sword, before her eyes returned to him "All that is old does not wither; not all that's over, is past." Moon paused momentarily "Sid..." she said the word slowly, uncertainly "I can't imagine what it's like to get lost in time like this." again she was silent for a time, "maybe in the crystal empire?" she waited a moment again, "But if you need help, let me know."

Moon stopped when they arrived at the eastern gate "This is..." she muttered "but..." Moon approached the center of the grizzly tableau, taking care to avoid the remains that lay about, peering intently at the armor intently. [small]"lux tua nos ducat"[/small] she mumbled before turning back towards Somnus.

"How can he rest here, fallen, a feast for crows and worms?" Moon shook her head, "he did his duty, the least we can do is convey him to his family..." Moon paused, "Perhaps see if any of Obsidian Blades line still remains. They, at least, shall have more than bones." Moon carefully returned to the group, "anything in the ruins we can use as a casket? I already found some urns I filled with coins." she shrugged "There's stuff I can use in my ship, but better I think to make this city of the dead useful to the living once again." She gave a sly smile "That and it maximizes profit."

PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll