Announcements
Start | Stop

Welcome to a world where love and friendship create the strongest of spells, and where an adventure can be found beyond every twist and turn. A world where all kinds of creatures find themselves in situations of a positively ludicrous nature, day after day, even! In such a world, where "normal" is relative, and mundane is anything but; what sort of journey will you find yourself on today?

• • •

Starting on the In-character date of Mid-June 2019, Journeys Across Equestria's first "Post Reboot" Story Arc will begin. When the latest Lunar Eclipse refuses to pass, Luna and Celestia find themselves cut off from the Moon and Realm of Dreams! Meanwhile, children everywhere are suddenly and inexplicably falling into a deep magical slumber, where they are tormented by terrible nightmares! Who, or what could possibly be responsible?!

To learn more about this upcoming event, please visit the Blood Moon Information and General Discussion thread in the Inn. If you want one or more of your characters to participate in this event, let us know here! The cutoff date for players who wish to participate in this event is May 11th, 2014.

• • •

In order to lessen spam and messages from bots, users are required to register a username for, and log into the Cbox in order to use it.

We are currently accepting Canon Character applications! A list of available characters can be found here, the thread to "claim" a character can be found here, and the audition thread itself can be found here.

Congratulations to JM95 for winning the role of Spike the Dragon, although this turn of events also means that he has voluntarily given up the role of Cheese Sandwich, putting him up for grabs along with all of the other available Canon Character roles.

As a reminder, if there are at least TWO auditions for the same character, a poll will be held within three days of the last audition made for that character. Additional auditions will be accepted at that time, but the deadline will not be extended. In three days after the poll has been started, the votes will be counted, and the winner will be announced, as with the old method.

To those of you that play Canon Characters: It is encouraged that you play your Canon Characters as often as you can, within reason. The JAE staff realizes that it can be more difficult to play certain characters in a day to day situation than others, (Such as one of the Princesses, in comparison to say... Pinkie Pie.) so in some cases, leniency is exercised. Still, it never hurts to make a thread that involves a character, that for once, doesn't involve the fate of Equestria hanging in the balance.

Journeys Across Equestria is a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Roleplay Forum set five years after the show. A 100 word count minimum for posts is enforced for all In-Character posts.

Our TVTropes Page: LINK

Date: June 2019 A.D (After Discord)
Current Events: Blood Moon
Description: When the Sisters are cut off from the Moon and the Realm of Dreams, a dark presence makes itself known in Equstria as children everywhere fall into a magically-induced slumber, plagued by terrible nightmares!
This site appears best in Chrome, Firefox and Opera browsers.

Our Affiliates
Equestrian LegendsWars of Equestria
The Fun Has Been Doubled!
Our Banner
Journeys Across Equestria: What stories will you discover on your travels?

Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

Revival, [OPEN] [February 19th, 2019]
SillyFilly
 Posted: May 10 2014, 06:45 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 54

"Are you saying my feminine frame is too light to trigger a pressure plate?" Moon asked with a smile "See Sommy, some colts know how to charm a lady." Moon grabbed a section of rope and gave her wings a few flaps, in case she needed the extra strength to lower and raise Sid.

"Aw Sabe, don't sell yourself short, I'm short you've got plenty of interesting tales to regale us with." Moon briefly looked up, wondering how much more light they had "But I suspect us telling you about the modern day would be more useful. I mean, it's not us who has to adapt to your time period."

PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: May 10 2014, 01:20 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 26

"Sure, featherweight princess...", Somnus teased Moon just a little, "So leave the weight management to me this time, OK? Such delicate swan like you should let the guys handle the heavy work at times...".

He then took hold of the rope from her, giving her a strangely warm and friendly glare. Was this bat pony making them moves on her?! Possibly. Or possibly not. Take your pick. But he would certainly aid Obsidian in triggering the mechanism, and thus threw the other end of the rope for him. "You know what to do, comrade.", that as all he told to his fellow ancient warrior.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Moon Shard // Werewolf Pegasus // Colt
Sun Shard // Half-Vampony Unicorn // Filly
Utopia "Dream Reaper" // Unicorn // Mare
Kagerou // Eastern Dragon // Male
Xiaomai // Earth Qilin // Buck
Kingin // Unicorn // Stallion
Extra Data
Haretake - Kogane's bamboo sprout, planted in the garden behind her room, given by Dandelion. She personally cares of him at all times.
Kon-Kon - A Take Gitsune (Bamboo Fox). A small fox-like creature made of aged bamboo stalks, bulbs, brown-red bamboo leaves and with a pair of faintly glowing green for eyes, most likely a cub. After sneaking into Purple Cloud's saddlebag while she was in Mane-ji and causing her some trouble, he has now become Purple Cloud's pet, and has a thing for drinking her tea or eating fruits. All he says is what sounds like a "Kon!".
PM
That Little Twerp
 Posted: May 22 2014, 03:29 PM

Administrator

Group: Admins
Member No.: 1

"Thank you, friends." said Obsidian as he was lowered into the well. Before he said anything else, he paused; he called them friends. He'd called them that, and it felt... right to do so. Obsidian allowed himself a small smile as he eventually reached the bottom of the ancient well.

There was the telltale sound of stone grinding against stone as the bucket that Obsidian stood in met the pressure plate at the well's bottom, and sure enough, after clearing away some of the moss that had gathered here, he'd found the brick he needed to push in, and he did so. The brick slid inward with little effort, and soon enough, there was a loud rumbling noise as the bricks at the well's bottom shifted, sliding away to reveal a long tunnel, dust and cobwebs littering the walls; however long it had been since this tunnel had seen use, it wasn't long enough to see it fall apart.

"Earth Pony ingenuity. Nothing else like it." he said, grinning. Craning his head upwards, he shouted to the two ponies above him. "Alright you two, are you going to stand up there all day and gawk, or are you going to come down here?"

PM
SillyFilly
 Posted: May 24 2014, 03:33 PM

Advanced Member

Moon gave Somnus another side-long look, "Well I'm sure a delicate swan like me will need ponies like you to go down the no doubt narrow corridor and clear out all the cobwebs and, cursed animated skeletons or what not." Moon motioned towards the well, "After you, no use us both jumping down all at once and getting stuck."

Moon stretched out her wings slightly, working out all the kinks now while she still had the chance, "So I guess a guard pony like you knows all the secret nooks and crannies?" she shook her head, "Shame I running out of space, clearly I'll have to collar you at some point to come back for another trip."

PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: May 24 2014, 06:59 PM

Advanced Member

"Very well, lady, I will dive in. Please, don't stay behind and make us worry about your safety.", the voice Somnus used was... not hinting any tease. He was actually concerned for her. But well, adventure time. And now they were going into a crawlspace of sorts... But without crawling! Nice! But was still clausthrophobic- Is that the correct term!? Dunno.

"Ah, usually guards knows a lot of secrets... Specially those more connected to the moon side. Let's make it clear that I know no secret worth noting about. Only shortcuts. Guarded shortcuts. Because you never know when the princesses are endangered..."

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Extra Data
Haretake - Kogane's bamboo sprout, planted in the garden behind her room, given by Dandelion. She personally cares of him at all times.
Kon-Kon - A Take Gitsune (Bamboo Fox). A small fox-like creature made of aged bamboo stalks, bulbs, brown-red bamboo leaves and with a pair of faintly glowing green for eyes, most likely a cub. After sneaking into Purple Cloud's saddlebag while she was in Mane-ji and causing her some trouble, he has now become Purple Cloud's pet, and has a thing for drinking her tea or eating fruits. All he says is what sounds like a "Kon!".
PM
That Little Twerp
 Posted: May 25 2014, 12:10 AM

Administrator

Ignoring Moon Chaser's comment about collaring him, he chuckled, and shook his head.

"No need to worry about animated skeletons; The sisters, nor the court magicians liked necromancy much to make use of it... even if Celestia's sister had a taste for the macabre." he said, smirking as he tossed aside cobweb after cobweb, watching them crumble to dust in his magical grasp.

"Besides, they preferred to animate suits of armor rather than skeletons; far less work, far more effective, and far less brittle than bones. A shame animation spells tend to last a few decades or so, even when cast by a skilled mage."

PM
SillyFilly
 Posted: May 27 2014, 11:50 AM

Advanced Member

"And I guess any other gribblies would've starved long ago. Less they crystallized like you."

Moon jumped down after Somnus and Sable Sword, the latter's horn shedding light through the passage ahead, taking the time to admire the earth pony architecture, the masterwork of long dead masters; even the hidden tunnel showed the quality workponyship the sisters could afford and promised greater treasures ahead. Speaking of treasures ahead, Moon couldn't resist a sly glance at the pony in front of her; the guard were normally well-honed and she wondered if the former guard had managed to keep in shape. Besides, it wasn't like anypony could blame a mare for enjoying the beautiful things in life.

"Looks like it's lightening up ahead, we nearly at the end?"

PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: May 28 2014, 08:56 AM

Advanced Member

"Fought against skeletons once. Manejinese ruins, client requested me to invade a haunted castle in search of the legendary JiuDao sword. Oh, what an adventure that was! A haunted castle, only a kirin assisting me into searching the place, a whole army of undead kirin and inukami guarding the place. some had bones so hard that dented my twin blades, but took the boys for a repair at a great blacksmith. Sadly, it cost a little over 70% of all my payment that day. So, Moon Beauty, any adventure you want to share with us regarding skeletons or the like?"

Somnus sure had been carried away by his own story. But he actually enjoyed that one when he went through that trouble.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Extra Data
PM
That Little Twerp
 Posted: Jun 4 2014, 05:19 PM

Administrator

"Wasn't crystallized; got turned into a statue. Ask your friend, he was present when I quite literally busted free." he said, smiling as he craned his head back to look at Moon briefly before returning his attention to the path before him.

"And yes, we're almost there; we should be coming up on Archmage Starswirl's Athenaeum, in fact. Why he called it that and not a Library, I'll never know, but I digress. The codger was practically impossible to decipher anyway. Once we leave there, it shouldn't be too hard to find the armory, since they're on the same floor, but the treasury is most certainly going to be on one of the upper levels."

PM
SillyFilly
 Posted: Jun 4 2014, 11:51 PM

Advanced Member

"And which one of us has got a qualification from an institute of higher learning?" Moon said airily, covering her mistake, "Statues can be made from many materials and even certain stones can have crystalline structures." She returned his smile, "Obviously I didn't have long to study it, but you're lucky I don't just name it Moon Stone."

Moon turned to Somnus and seemed to think about the question "Met a creepy necromancer with an evil book once. Fell into the same trap lots do; thought he was cleverer than me." Moon shrugged "Probably was, but that kind of arrogance blinds you. You don't have to be cleverer than somepony like that, just clever than they think you are. They have a hard time when things don't go according to plan. And it's not like it's hard to defeat a book."

Moon's ears perked up again as Sable spoke; "Oh Alicorns, what foals these mortals be." she muttered under her breath, "An Athenaeum isn't just a library, Sable, it's a temple of knowledge. A sanctum of science, a library of learning. You don't think, maybe, the Athenaeum of the greatest sage in Equestrian history might hold more treasure than a pocketful of golden trinkets?"

PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: Jun 5 2014, 11:23 AM

Advanced Member

"Necromancers, eh... Haven't had contact with one. I heard they are a pain to deal with. Unless you call a spirit medium a necromancer, of course. You know, guys or gals that summons the spirits to their aid, putting them into a temporary shell such as magic paper or water. They're nice, just a bit steep for their services sometimes. Justified, their money is split with affiliated monasteries."

Upon hearing said library's name... Somnus had no reason other than facehoof. "Seriously? What is wrong with "Ancient Records", why couldn't he give a simpler name? ... Before you ask what is an "Ancient Records", it is a kind of library that exists in a major city or two of Mane-ji, where unrevised material is kept for reference and contrast with revised material. Visits there have to be approved by a mayor or someone of higher rank."

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Extra Data
PM
That Little Twerp
 Posted: Jun 6 2014, 12:50 AM

Administrator

"It's possible, but as far as I know, Starswirl himself probably took as much of his research materials, notes, and spellbooks as he could before the city fell into complete ruin." said Obsidian, shrugging as the trio entered the unusually vast Athenaeum of Starswirl the Bearded, his first one. To those that have actually been in the one in Canterlot, this particular one is much smaller in comparison, but still quite impressive.

"... Would it be too much trouble to ask that the books get returned to Royal custody, or do you think whatever books of untold horrors or tomes of dangerous magic Starswirl may have left here should be in circulation?" asked Obsidian, tilting his head slightly as he gazed back at Moon. "I mean, I'm sure you'd know exactly what to do with something like... '1001 Kamposeidian Hexes, Curses, and Jinxes'?"

Obsidian's face went into a frown that could only grow in severity as he read the barely-legible title of the tome held in his telekinetic grasp.

"Confound it all, you old fool... you find the strangest things, I swear."

PM
SillyFilly
 Posted: Jun 7 2014, 01:38 AM

Advanced Member

Moon shrugged as she began her search around the library "Ponies is ponies, necromancer, spirit medium; they're just jobs. Some Necromancers are fine, some are a piece of work, just like pirates and guards." She picked up a curio and turned it round in her hooves, examining it.

"Knowledge, like ponies and jewelry placed on display in your window, yearns to be free." Moon paused, and cocked her head "Did you know Pegasi don't lock their front doors? Not much point when ponies can walk through walls, so we've learned how to live in a society were you don't have to." She turned back to Obsidian, "So I'll make a copy of each of these books, return the originals to..." she gave Obsidian a slight smile "...well, I'm sure if the crown values them so highly there's a reward. Give a copy each to princess Twilight and as for the rest? Depends on the demand and on the author's family. Always a market for imprints of rare books." She paused, and turned around slowly to face Obsidian, "Unless, that is, you think they should be heavily censored, redacted and altered; locked away in some vault somewhere where they're no good to any pony, and only the "special" can access them. You know, the Mane-Ji way."

She trotted over to Obsidian a picked up the book, "Fire is dangerous, swords are dangerous, magic is dangerous. But they're useful, and so is knowledge. You just have to learn. I get it, you're the guard, you're all about keeping ponies safe, but do you think Twilight would have achieved so much without the ponies that came before? Or even Starswirl?" She gave him an almost apolegetic smile "Do I think putting this out there could lead to unforeseen circumstances? Certainly; Prometheus gave us Herostratus after all, but, well, all the knowledge in these books is going to be found again eventually; so we might as well make new mistakes instead of just repeating old ones." she gave a small chuckle "Plus, y'know, gold. I love gold me. Purely mercenary. And hey, I didn't even make 1001 Camp Obsidian jokes."

She gave another small chuckle under her breath "Though 1 Camp Obsidian might be fun."

PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: Jun 7 2014, 10:50 AM

Advanced Member

"I second that the content should be put in the hooves of the Royal Librarian and the Princesses, so they should be revised before taken to Twilight and maybe revealed to public.", Somnus took a book about aircrafts and flipped through it quickly, "This one is most relevant to my interests, though. It predicted the rise of magic-powered airships.".

The Bat pony then returned the book to its righteous place, and held a laugh for Moon's joke. "I think we should possess these books, as to direct them to the Princesses, rather than requesting an expedition to be made here and risk that one of the many researchers involved keeps one of those books themselves. I mean: One of them is bound to try "Development of Highly Volatile Material". And I think I just saw a book here about this."

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Extra Data
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4  Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll