Announcements
Start | Stop

Welcome to a world where love and friendship create the strongest of spells, and where an adventure can be found beyond every twist and turn. A world where all kinds of creatures find themselves in situations of a positively ludicrous nature, day after day, even! In such a world, where "normal" is relative, and mundane is anything but; what sort of journey will you find yourself on today?

• • •

Starting on the In-character date of Mid-June 2019, Journeys Across Equestria's first "Post Reboot" Story Arc will begin. When the latest Lunar Eclipse refuses to pass, Luna and Celestia find themselves cut off from the Moon and Realm of Dreams! Meanwhile, children everywhere are suddenly and inexplicably falling into a deep magical slumber, where they are tormented by terrible nightmares! Who, or what could possibly be responsible?!

To learn more about this upcoming event, please visit the Blood Moon Information and General Discussion thread in the Inn. If you want one or more of your characters to participate in this event, let us know here! The cutoff date for players who wish to participate in this event is May 11th, 2014.

• • •

In order to lessen spam and messages from bots, users are required to register a username for, and log into the Cbox in order to use it.

We are currently accepting Canon Character applications! A list of available characters can be found here, the thread to "claim" a character can be found here, and the audition thread itself can be found here.

Congratulations to JM95 for winning the role of Spike the Dragon, although this turn of events also means that he has voluntarily given up the role of Cheese Sandwich, putting him up for grabs along with all of the other available Canon Character roles.

As a reminder, if there are at least TWO auditions for the same character, a poll will be held within three days of the last audition made for that character. Additional auditions will be accepted at that time, but the deadline will not be extended. In three days after the poll has been started, the votes will be counted, and the winner will be announced, as with the old method.

To those of you that play Canon Characters: It is encouraged that you play your Canon Characters as often as you can, within reason. The JAE staff realizes that it can be more difficult to play certain characters in a day to day situation than others, (Such as one of the Princesses, in comparison to say... Pinkie Pie.) so in some cases, leniency is exercised. Still, it never hurts to make a thread that involves a character, that for once, doesn't involve the fate of Equestria hanging in the balance.

Journeys Across Equestria is a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Roleplay Forum set five years after the show. A 100 word count minimum for posts is enforced for all In-Character posts.

Our TVTropes Page: LINK

Date: June 2019 A.D (After Discord)
Current Events: Blood Moon
Description: When the Sisters are cut off from the Moon and the Realm of Dreams, a dark presence makes itself known in Equstria as children everywhere fall into a magically-induced slumber, plagued by terrible nightmares!
This site appears best in Chrome, Firefox and Opera browsers.

Our Affiliates
Equestrian LegendsWars of Equestria
The Fun Has Been Doubled!
Our Banner
Journeys Across Equestria: What stories will you discover on your travels?

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

Rand()(open), June 16 2019
Tuxedo Thunder
 Posted: May 30 2014, 04:55 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Admins
Member No.: 5

Frozen whispered closely to Legacy. "I know he is mentally unstable, but this feeling of anger has been around since we got outside. It might just be like you said, he might be mad because he can't be up in his element, the sky, but I think there is more to it than that. I just don't know what..." Frozen decided to stay behind Brann, and entertained himself with looking about the blood colored forest. It had a sort of demonic beauty about itself. It created the feeling that it could love you, care for you, then rip out your heart for a giant satanic monster... Or something.

PM
Yewknighted
 Posted: May 30 2014, 05:14 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 27

"A small question Frozen. Are you sure you want this guy knowing where you live? He is kinda crazy. And while he might not know how to get in. He can still burn it down. Speaking of. Apparently if I get so much as even a scratch he's gonna start killing people." Hence why she had been a littttttllle bit OCD about getting healing spells for even minor bruises recently. "Including people in our gang… So yah. Also he wants to build me an estate. This is all going just a littttttle too far really. I'm just not sure exactly what to do. He seemed practically… I don't know. I-need-you-or-I'll-die that day we first met up again. Soo… Yah. Don't know how to handle that. Not even now."

PM
Tuxedo Thunder
 Posted: May 30 2014, 05:58 PM

Advanced Member

"He wants you to stay alive? Well, you know that we're better at keeping ponies alive than those other protection agencies. The only time you've died so far was when you left me to go burn down a damn orchard. And as for building you an estate, that could be good for you. That kind of estate could last for countless generations, it would be a massive benefit to all that will come after you. With the money you make as the Underboss combined with a basically free estate, your kids kids kids kids kids would be set for live. Working to benefit the generations to come, that is what you would be doing..." But there was one issue he had with that thought.

"Brann seems like he would keep you locked up in the estate if he built it, to protect you. With all the dangerous stuff that we do I wouldn't blame him, but it's unnatural. If we keep up with heavy healing spells we can survive without any serious injuries. He knows that you have the feathers as well, and I know I would use one of them on you if you got killed working with me."

PM
Yewknighted
 Posted: May 30 2014, 06:06 PM

Advanced Member

"Ohhohoho. Boy did he. I put my hoof down on it though. No way would I be a stay at home mother. It would just be so boring." Sure the foal would probably be a handful, but she was NOT going to give up her job even if Brannskada was loaded and would take care of her every need. "Its just all so much. I don't want to be obligated to him. And the more he does for me, the more I'm bound to him." She hated this feeling. She didn't want to owe him anything. Honestly in Legacy's mind the initial debt she owed him…

He had revived her. But he had also run out when she needed him most, causing her pain and suffering, and a close call with death. And then poofed for months. Now he strolled around like everything was fine. And she was being the unreasonable one for not just falling right back into his arms.

PM
Tuxedo Thunder
 Posted: May 30 2014, 06:15 PM

Advanced Member

"And you've tried talking it through with him? You tried to get get him to understand that you don't feel the same way about him, and you don't want to feel more indebted to him than you already do? If you did, there's nothing more that you can do. But I have a gut feeling you haven't talked to him about it yet. You haven't told him how you feel yet. I bet you haven't even gone to see Sapphire yet and talk about this whole thing with a trained psychologist who treats gangsters." Frozen didn't want to think it, but he knew that she hadn't talked to Brann about this, and he knew she hadn't gone to see Sapphire. Sapphire would've told her, and Legacy would've added more to what she was saying about the whole ordeal if she had talked to him about it.

"I can't talk to him about these kind of things, or he'll think I'm trying to drive you away from him for some reason."

PM
Yewknighted
 Posted: May 30 2014, 06:21 PM

Advanced Member

No. No Legacy had not gone to see Sapphire. She did not think that this was worth going to see a head shrink about. She was perfectly sane, she was perfectly fine. "No I haven't… But is now during the Blood Moon really the best time to do it?" No it wasn't. Granted she wondered when it would be time. She had no clue honestly. "She really talks to gangsters? And knows it?" Added Legacy, slightly dubiously.

PM
Tuxedo Thunder
 Posted: May 30 2014, 06:42 PM

Advanced Member

"She went to school with the Pharmacist and sees me at least once a week. The stuff I tell her kind of can't paint our work any other way. She's fine with it, and from what I've heard a lot of my guys go to her. More than I thought at least. These are hardened, crazy bastards I'm talking about her. These are the kind of people that talked about psychologists like you do. 'Head Shrinks' you call them. They help with a lot of things, a lot more than going around in your head. You can't tell them anything you don't want to." Frozen could understand why Legacy didn't want to go to Sapphire, but this was the kind of thing that wasn't solved by working on it. There was no foreseeable way to get through to Brann on this level.

"I want you to get through this, but this isn't something you can do without help. Understanding his emotions will be just as important in this struggle as understanding the basic ideas of how to talk. You've seen enough of his behavior to explain it vividly to me, it shouldn't be hard to explain it with that same detail to Sapphire. She can look at it and cross reference with Griffon psychology texts and get back to you on how to deal with something like this. Hopefully..."

PM
Yewknighted
 Posted: May 30 2014, 07:01 PM

Advanced Member

"Yah. I'll definitely think about it." Said Legacy. By which she actually meant there was no way. She knew she would be able to get through this on her own. No offense to Frozen, really, but she was strong enough to deal with this really. She didn't need help outside of Frozen, she didn't need a head shrink. Legacy knew that she could do this on her own. When was the question, but she would be able to do this.

PM
Tuxedo Thunder
 Posted: Jun 1 2014, 02:15 AM

Advanced Member

"Look, I probably sound like I doubt your ability to handle this situation and solve this problem, and that's not true. The truth is I doubt my own ability to help you, because I don't do this kind of emotional distress management stuff or whatever you want to call it. If you don't want to go to her, you don't have to because of my feeling of self incompetence... I understand how it must feel to try and trust someone you don't know with the kind of stuff you'd be telling Sapphire. Just know that unless something needs freezing or attacking, I can't really help at this point." Frozen's voice was heavy with his realization that he was doing this to her because he couldn't help her. Well, he could, but not directly. It pained him to even think those words... But it was true.

'I can't help Legacy, and that hurts...'

PM
Yewknighted
 Posted: Jun 2 2014, 01:35 AM

Advanced Member

"Frozen. Don't be hard on yourself." She could hear it in his voice and see it in the way his eyes were downcast. "I couldn't ask for a better friend if the Princess of Friendship herself made one for me." That felt totally cheesy. But totally true. He was a great guy. "I mean like, I get it. I don't expect you to be like… Perfect at everything. You just being here to listen, and you suggesting Sapphire… I'm honestly not going to go to her, but it means a lot to me that you…" Can admit your shortcomings and not only admit them, but actually have a good suggestion, unlike a certain other guy who is in the vicinity. This is what Legacy thought, but in only missing about two seconds, said something completely different. "Are trying."

Legacy had edited out her thoughts quite meticulously there. Frozen was her most reliable friend. But could it be something more? Was she willing to risk it? Her stint with Brannskada had ended in flames- pun intended. And if the same thing ended with Frozen, she wouldn't merely be loosing a coltfriend, she'd be loosing her best friend.

She was happy with her friendship with Frozen, even if it were just stayed that way. Honestly after her failure with Brannskada she wasn't sure she was willing to give it another go so soon.

It was just in moments like this that made Legacy wonder. She had initially liked Brannskada because of his exotic looks. And had frankly wanted a unique father for her foal, or foals. She had grown to appreciate his personality later. But... She was seeing things she once saw in Brannskada in Frozen now. Only better. (Because they were true, not just a honey moon version that wasn't accurate)

They weren't hazy, or lovey dovy. Or foal-centered. They were rational. Legacy was pretty sure she wasn't in love with Frozen right now, she was just thinking on it really... These thoughts were a mere collection of what she had been musing on.

PM
Tuxedo Thunder
 Posted: Jun 8 2014, 03:01 PM

Advanced Member

Frozen sighed...

"I just feel bad about not being able to help. It's in my nature to want to help ponies close to me, you included. I mean sure I supplement my need to help with the desire to protect ponies from bad things like dangerous drugs and gang wars and drive-by killing and stuff." So what if he did it by killing other gangsters, it was for the better of society!

"We're getting close to the house, but recently there's been quite a bit of monster activity near here recently... That's why I've been in Ponyville more than normal as of late. Most recently there were two Chimera's that looked like they were about to get it on before they saw me... I barely had an icy wall up fast enough to escape. One of them wouldn't be an issue, but two of them that wanted some alone time, that was bad."

PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 3  Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll