Announcements
Start | Stop

Welcome to a world where love and friendship create the strongest of spells, and where an adventure can be found beyond every twist and turn. A world where all kinds of creatures find themselves in situations of a positively ludicrous nature, day after day, even! In such a world, where "normal" is relative, and mundane is anything but; what sort of journey will you find yourself on today?

• • •

Starting on the In-character date of Mid-June 2019, Journeys Across Equestria's first "Post Reboot" Story Arc will begin. When the latest Lunar Eclipse refuses to pass, Luna and Celestia find themselves cut off from the Moon and Realm of Dreams! Meanwhile, children everywhere are suddenly and inexplicably falling into a deep magical slumber, where they are tormented by terrible nightmares! Who, or what could possibly be responsible?!

To learn more about this upcoming event, please visit the Blood Moon Information and General Discussion thread in the Inn. If you want one or more of your characters to participate in this event, let us know here! The cutoff date for players who wish to participate in this event is May 11th, 2014.

• • •

In order to lessen spam and messages from bots, users are required to register a username for, and log into the Cbox in order to use it.

We are currently accepting Canon Character applications! A list of available characters can be found here, the thread to "claim" a character can be found here, and the audition thread itself can be found here.

Congratulations to JM95 for winning the role of Spike the Dragon, although this turn of events also means that he has voluntarily given up the role of Cheese Sandwich, putting him up for grabs along with all of the other available Canon Character roles.

As a reminder, if there are at least TWO auditions for the same character, a poll will be held within three days of the last audition made for that character. Additional auditions will be accepted at that time, but the deadline will not be extended. In three days after the poll has been started, the votes will be counted, and the winner will be announced, as with the old method.

To those of you that play Canon Characters: It is encouraged that you play your Canon Characters as often as you can, within reason. The JAE staff realizes that it can be more difficult to play certain characters in a day to day situation than others, (Such as one of the Princesses, in comparison to say... Pinkie Pie.) so in some cases, leniency is exercised. Still, it never hurts to make a thread that involves a character, that for once, doesn't involve the fate of Equestria hanging in the balance.

Journeys Across Equestria is a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Roleplay Forum set five years after the show. A 100 word count minimum for posts is enforced for all In-Character posts.

Our TVTropes Page: LINK

Date: June 2019 A.D (After Discord)
Current Events: Blood Moon
Description: When the Sisters are cut off from the Moon and the Realm of Dreams, a dark presence makes itself known in Equstria as children everywhere fall into a magically-induced slumber, plagued by terrible nightmares!
This site appears best in Chrome, Firefox and Opera browsers.

Our Affiliates
Equestrian LegendsWars of Equestria
The Fun Has Been Doubled!
Our Banner
Journeys Across Equestria: What stories will you discover on your travels?

Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

The Mask Drops, (Open) April 10th
Tsukiko
 Posted: May 16 2014, 07:22 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 26

The capital has been surrounded. Armies from all over Mane-ji have concentrated their forces around the capital, as the contradicting messages of the emperor has been brought to public.

"So, this is it... The great end to his tiranny. And so many joined me after the truth has been exposed..."

"My lord, the imperial forces surrendered and are immobilized. What are your orders?"

"Ensure none of them suffers harm. I'm going to face the emperor alone."

And thus Inari went up the steps, into the castle... At the throne, was none other than an old Inukami.

"How dare you attack the capital, route my troops and enter the castle without permission?!"

"How dare I? Indeed, how do I dare to check this strange thing about the emperor... I am Inari, remember? God of Mane-ji, reigning over power of illusions..."

"I don't give a damn to who or what you are! Your actions should be punished with death-"

"IF you were the emperor... Here, a letter proving you are not the emperor, Advisor Kui She"

"I-Impossible! It's a fraud! If it was real, I would have read it before letting it come to public!"

"That's what you wish. But, I noticed this peculiar trait of yours... You can't see red, so you feel the ink instead. That explains how every letter you sent lacked red and the real emperor's letter had a thick ink. Instead of sending a normal letter, I laced the letter with a text imbuing spell, so works were projected without ink. So an imposter like you would never read it..."

Consumed with wrath, Kui She attemped to attack Inari with his sword, but eventually... Attacked a reflection of himself.

"You... You bastard...", the traitor coughed blood as he spoke.

"You won't die. I cursed your body, you will feel pain and suffer, but only age will take you away... Because I have choosen a sentence for you... You will be thrown into a dungeon and left there for the rest of your days. I should have never trusted your words, you viper!"

With a snap of fingers, guard rushed in and dragged the ex-advisor away, who was laughing like a maniac, shouting that he would never find the real emperor.

"I won't find him... Eh?"

Inari approached the wall behind the throne, tapping it. "I knew it... Fake wall...", by pushing a single torch down, the wall slid down, revealing a... Child's room?! Indeed, it had to be one... The decorations, the toys... And laying on his bed, scribbing on a sketchpad, was the real emperor: an young Kirin that certainly should not be in ruling age. Feeling Inari's presence, the Kirin quickly got up and came to Inari, hugging him at waist height.

"Inari! Thanks the heavens you have come as promised!"

"I would never leave you suffering in his tiranny, kid... The moment I figured you wanted peace and union, friendly competitions instead of wars to decide territories... I felt you were here somewhere... So I had to stand up against the fake to save you..."

"What will they do to me? Am I bad?"

"... No. You will have a more trustworthy advisor to guide you. But now you should make your first public appearance since your rise to power... Baihua"

And thus Inari led the white kirin boy outside, to the front of the castle.

"Citizen of the capital. You have long been deceived by a treacherous viper, which will now live the rest of his days in the bowels of the castle. The true emperor is this white kirin, who lived a sad lonely life... Until now, at least. I have personally choosen a better advisor, one who will guide him to his desired path, and one who will never lock him from public. Long live Emperor Baihua!"

The cheering started too silent, but soon grew loud enough to be heard from a nearby city. The imperial troops were released to celebrate the victory too... But now...

"Who should I choose for his advisor...?" Inari pondered in silence.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Moon Shard // Werewolf Pegasus // Colt
Sun Shard // Half-Vampony Unicorn // Filly
Utopia "Dream Reaper" // Unicorn // Mare
Kagerou // Eastern Dragon // Male
Xiaomai // Earth Qilin // Buck
Kingin // Unicorn // Stallion
Extra Data
Haretake - Kogane's bamboo sprout, planted in the garden behind her room, given by Dandelion. She personally cares of him at all times.
Kon-Kon - A Take Gitsune (Bamboo Fox). A small fox-like creature made of aged bamboo stalks, bulbs, brown-red bamboo leaves and with a pair of faintly glowing green for eyes, most likely a cub. After sneaking into Purple Cloud's saddlebag while she was in Mane-ji and causing her some trouble, he has now become Purple Cloud's pet, and has a thing for drinking her tea or eating fruits. All he says is what sounds like a "Kon!".
PM
JM95
 Posted: May 17 2014, 07:34 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4

The doors to the palace swung open once again, and another white kirin entered the room. She was accompanied by two guards who looked cautiously to their surroundings, making sure the battle was truly over. Princess Sayuri of Shuijing Shan may have been notorious for (other than being quite beautiful) engaging in certain un-kirin like behaviors such as eating the occasional sushi, as well as having a reputation for being particularly ruthless by kirin standards, but she knew how to get a job done when it needed to be done. She had no time for worrying whether or not she damaged a blade of grass, nor did she have time to waste on silly things like trying to please every last citizen in her city-state.

Sayuri approached Inari and Emperor Baihua, her eyes a bit wide at the sight of the little fawn. This fawn was the great Emperor all of Mane-Ji had fought so hard to restore to his rightful throne? Hopefully this wouldn't end up as bad a situation as that jerk of a foal from the Game of Roans novels becoming king of Witheros.

It was hard for Sayuri to not sound rude saying this, but she was honestly quite surprised. "So...this is Emperor Baihua?" she asked Inari. She knelt to the fawn, trying to sound as nice as she possibly could. "I'm sorry, sweetie, but I thought you would be a bit...older." She didn't want to doubt Baihua, as anything was better than letting Kui She continue to rule Mane-Ji, but a kindergartener like Baihua would certainly need someone capable guiding him through his reign until he was old enough to actually rule anything.

PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: May 17 2014, 01:03 PM

Advanced Member

"Yes. Surprising, no? The last emperor I laid my eyes upon before him was none other than his grandfather. To think such an young one had been put on the throne of whole Mane-ji and had such good ideals... Ideals that were hidden by the treacherous advisor he head... Ah, I didn't mean to make you sad, young emperor."

Inari was worried he wounded Baihua's feelings, but the young white Kirin simple shook his head. "No, it is alright now. I have been saved. Now I can truly rule the way I wanted. Hey, can big sis be my advisor? ... On second thought, can she be my advisor AND sister? Pleeeeeeease?".

The young Emperor's request surprised even Inari. Of course, he had plans to put her in the power by defeating the previous, but bringing them closer without bloodshedding would be so much better, no?

"What a surprise... I was planning of having her ascend to power... However, seeing how of a young fellow you are, without a family to care of you, I suppose the best idea is what you propose: Sayuri becoming your big sister. After all, you had one in the past, if the records are right."

"Yes... But sis got very sick and..."

The emperor looked a little sad once again.

"Very important: Don't ask him about his sister. She was poisoned by the traitor in his crazy plot to turn Baihua into the Emperor and his personal puppet. He doesn't know she was poisoned, and it is better this way: his not knowing the terrible truth behind her sickness.", Inari projected his words into Sayuri's mind, to prevent Baihua from knowing.

Baihua got closer to Sayuri and rested his head against her.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Extra Data
Haretake - Kogane's bamboo sprout, planted in the garden behind her room, given by Dandelion. She personally cares of him at all times.
Kon-Kon - A Take Gitsune (Bamboo Fox). A small fox-like creature made of aged bamboo stalks, bulbs, brown-red bamboo leaves and with a pair of faintly glowing green for eyes, most likely a cub. After sneaking into Purple Cloud's saddlebag while she was in Mane-ji and causing her some trouble, he has now become Purple Cloud's pet, and has a thing for drinking her tea or eating fruits. All he says is what sounds like a "Kon!".
PM
JM95
 Posted: May 17 2014, 02:36 PM

Advanced Member

Sayuri's ear twitched when the fawn brought up the idea of her being his big sister. No, she thought. No,no,no,no,no! That was honestly the worst idea ever. She didn't mind the whole advisor thing, but she was not going to be babysitting anyone, here. She would do her job, and when she had time for it, go back to her generally kid-unfriendly life. A somewhat grumpy frown appeared on the doe's face when the little fawn ran up to her and snuggled against her scales. She never had gotten the chance to be a big sister due to her siblings all being older than her, but she honestly didn't want that chance.

However, she would do what Inari proposed for her because it would mean that she would technically be ruling all of Mane-Ji until this kid was a grown-up and could be trusted to make his own decisions. She would get lots of lavish attention and fame, and something would probably actually be accomplished politically with her in charge helping Baihua make good decisions.

Sayuri did feel kind of bad for Baihua's actual sister, but she hadn't known much about the situation and was thinking much more about what she would have planned for Mane-Ji.

"Oh, alright," Sayuri finally gave in. She rested an arm over Baihua, semi-hugging him. "I will assist little Baihua in his rule as long as he needs my help. Just send a note to Xiaomai letting him know that he is to run things in Shuijing Shan during any time that I am absent."

PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: May 17 2014, 03:33 PM

Advanced Member

"SPLENDID! I will send him the note. He surely can take care of things there by himself and might miss seeing you as often as he used to, but... Well, with peace being a reality, he might have many more chances to leave his position for a brief visit to other areas to make deals on products."

The little kirin looked like he had just fallen asleep, so Inari picked him up. "Poor little guy... Had to live in the dark so long that he really let himself get too excited... I will have the papers set up, I'll take him to his room... As well as change the structure of the castle a little so his room isn't locked behind a fake wall. Meanwhile, do as you see fit, Sayuri."

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Extra Data
PM
JM95
 Posted: May 21 2014, 12:01 PM

Advanced Member

Sayuri nodded to Inari, and set about her business. She had things to do as the young Emperor's co-regent with Inari, and she would have to see what they were. Despite being a generally confident, even prideful young doe at times, Sayuri did indeed wonder if she really was up to such a hefty task as this. Mane-Ji was in her hooves, and she would be responsible for anything that went wrong. She didn't care if her approval rating wasn't 100%, as she knew she wouldn't be able to please everyone. However, she wanted at least enough approval for this job to run as smoothly as possible.

She thought about Baihua, and the implications of the ruler of Mane-Ji indeed being a child that would come with him. Qilin usually made a point of staying out of wars unless they were attacked first...But the Inukami cities, they would be as good a candidate as any if there were to be uprisings and usurping of the throne. The Qilin of Mane-Ji had been the species of the ruling family since almost the beginning of Mane-Ji. But even though this wouldn't likely happen, Sayuri still kept the idea of an Inukami land trying to increase its influence over Mane-Ji in the back of her mind.

Sayuri also pondered the idea of a possible succession crisis, as well. Child rulers were often subject to these, as family members or members of other houses could oust a child ruler with ease. She made her way over to a table showing an entire map of Mane-Ji, its provinces, cities, and territories all labeled clearly. She knew most of these places, it was just a good idea to review them again and remember who was who in the Mane-Jise game of thrones.

PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: May 21 2014, 12:22 PM

Advanced Member

Inari soon came to her but through... Another door. One that appeared literally from nowhere. "The young emperor is sleeping peacefully. As if it was no surprise. In my exchange of letters with him I commented he must have a lot of nightmares must he simply responded "what is a nightmare?", so I realized he doesn't have them."

He snapped his fingers and summoned a map scroll which displayed the armies's movements, showing most of them were heading home from the capital. "With this situation resolved, everyone can relax. Well, mostly everyone. As I feared, there are people who frown over the young ruler possibility, which means some may try to approach and request a new emperor to be choosen. That is where you come in. If you legally become his older sister, there can be a simple legal process to resolve you as the Empress of Mane-ji. However, for the time being, let's do things in his name and let him put the plans of friendly competitions for territory on the paper."

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Extra Data
PM
JM95
 Posted: May 21 2014, 06:02 PM

Advanced Member

Sayuri looked up from the map, a bit surprised at what Inari was suggesting. Taking the throne from a child emperor and using a few people getting upset as an excuse? Just plain taking the throne away from a poor little kid who had no idea what something like that even meant would fill Sayuri with guilt. Even if she was practical-minded and even a bit of a strategist at times, she did have standards.

"Taking his rightful throne from him?" Sayuri gasped. "Why, that's like...Punching a kitten! But...If it indeed comes to a situation where the Emperor's throne is questioned, I suppose I shall have no choice..." Sayuri stared down at the map for a few seconds, her eyes then wandering in the direction of Baihua's room. "There may be even worse consequences should I ascend to the throne. I am from Neighpon, and it's likely that some particularly purist states would have a problem with a foreign ruler. They seem alright with me having a city of my own, but to have me in charge of them? That could be problematic."

However, Sayuri still got herself her reading glasses, her pen, some ink, and some paper, and began writing Baihua's idea down. She personally thought it was silly and wouldn't last, but then again Equestria had competitions such as the Equestria Games. They were more for fun, though, not to decide the fate of entire states...

PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: May 21 2014, 06:53 PM

Advanced Member

"Not exactly taking from him... If you ascend to throne, one day you will eventually step down. Family needs, complications, boredom, his feeling ready to rule... Something always happen to those who rule anywhere... And I see where your thought is going... But for now... Don't worry about this. It's not like one is going to oppose him. Many states supports the peaceful ways, mostly webs of states, all with a neutral to pacific relationship with each other, several of them with armies that train day and night should they need to fight..."

Inari snickered a little. "You know, you do look like someone to set a good example for this kid. I mean: you have courage, ideas, youth... I can only assume he will grow looking up to you, no matter what your roles are..."

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Extra Data
PM
JM95
 Posted: May 25 2014, 04:02 PM

Advanced Member

Sayuri looked to Inari, a bit puzzled. Baihua, looking up to her? She wasn't exactly a nice Kirin, and she was a high-functioning alcoholic on top of it. When things were bothering her, she had a tendency to numb the pain with a bit of sake. Sayuri would only ever drink enough to loosen up and had never been seen plastered in public, but her drinks were something she felt almost dependent upon to get through the day sometimes. And if she invited Blueblood to come visit her...Well...Baihua would have to be kept distracted with something else, because things got very not-kid friendly between them very quick whenever they visited one another. Not necessarily bedroom stuff all the time, but there was almost always alcohol and insults that kids shouldn't be hearing being tossed back and forth.

"Well, I certainly do appreciate your faith in me, Inari," Sayuri turned her nose up. "But I don't necessarily have faith that all these states will buy into these peaceful ways. Although the Manegolians were very weakened by my father liberating Shuijing Shan from them, they will still continue to play states against one another as they have for centuries. That, as well as it being an opportune time for any opposition to try to take the power I have been given, gives me little reason to believe the proposed ideas will last long-term. I will sign them into law, but I will also make sure the Imperial Guard is keeping its eyes open."

Sayuri, after finishing writing the proposed bill down on rice paper, rolled it up neatly into a scroll. She fastened it together with the Emperor's seal, and passed it over to Inari.

PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll