Announcements
Start | Stop

Welcome to a world where love and friendship create the strongest of spells, and where an adventure can be found beyond every twist and turn. A world where all kinds of creatures find themselves in situations of a positively ludicrous nature, day after day, even! In such a world, where "normal" is relative, and mundane is anything but; what sort of journey will you find yourself on today?

• • •

Starting on the In-character date of Mid-June 2019, Journeys Across Equestria's first "Post Reboot" Story Arc will begin. When the latest Lunar Eclipse refuses to pass, Luna and Celestia find themselves cut off from the Moon and Realm of Dreams! Meanwhile, children everywhere are suddenly and inexplicably falling into a deep magical slumber, where they are tormented by terrible nightmares! Who, or what could possibly be responsible?!

To learn more about this upcoming event, please visit the Blood Moon Information and General Discussion thread in the Inn. If you want one or more of your characters to participate in this event, let us know here! The cutoff date for players who wish to participate in this event is May 11th, 2014.

• • •

In order to lessen spam and messages from bots, users are required to register a username for, and log into the Cbox in order to use it.

We are currently accepting Canon Character applications! A list of available characters can be found here, the thread to "claim" a character can be found here, and the audition thread itself can be found here.

Congratulations to JM95 for winning the role of Spike the Dragon, although this turn of events also means that he has voluntarily given up the role of Cheese Sandwich, putting him up for grabs along with all of the other available Canon Character roles.

As a reminder, if there are at least TWO auditions for the same character, a poll will be held within three days of the last audition made for that character. Additional auditions will be accepted at that time, but the deadline will not be extended. In three days after the poll has been started, the votes will be counted, and the winner will be announced, as with the old method.

To those of you that play Canon Characters: It is encouraged that you play your Canon Characters as often as you can, within reason. The JAE staff realizes that it can be more difficult to play certain characters in a day to day situation than others, (Such as one of the Princesses, in comparison to say... Pinkie Pie.) so in some cases, leniency is exercised. Still, it never hurts to make a thread that involves a character, that for once, doesn't involve the fate of Equestria hanging in the balance.

Journeys Across Equestria is a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Roleplay Forum set five years after the show. A 100 word count minimum for posts is enforced for all In-Character posts.

Our TVTropes Page: LINK

Date: June 2019 A.D (After Discord)
Current Events: Blood Moon
Description: When the Sisters are cut off from the Moon and the Realm of Dreams, a dark presence makes itself known in Equstria as children everywhere fall into a magically-induced slumber, plagued by terrible nightmares!
This site appears best in Chrome, Firefox and Opera browsers.

Our Affiliates
Equestrian LegendsWars of Equestria
The Fun Has Been Doubled!
Our Banner
Journeys Across Equestria: What stories will you discover on your travels?

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

Licking A Bank Is Not Illegalopen), May 25 2019
Yewknighted
 Posted: May 14 2014, 05:43 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 27

It was late at night. Too late for Legacy to come knocking at Frozen's door. But here she was. She had told herself it could wait until tomorrow, but after 2 hours of trying to think she had pretty much flopped. She couldn't sleep either. So here she was at Frozen's place, knocking away at the door with that special knock of his. She pulled out a box with the Crystal watch that she had gotten Frozen.

She had a package that someone had asked her to deliver to Frozen. She was going to do it in the morning, but had decided that she might as well get the package out of the way with this as well. She had of course check what was in it and made sure that it was safe. It was juuuust fine.

Unlike her.

PM
Tuxedo Thunder
 Posted: May 16 2014, 02:54 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Admins
Member No.: 5

Frozen heard the knock at the door and knew there was only one kind of pony knowing that knock that would be here this early.

Legacy.

Frozen hobbled over to the door, still partially asleep.

"Come in, Legacy. If the door is locked its not actually locked, just push harder." Frozen was willing to talk to her, but kind of confused why she was here so early... Not that it mattered. The underboss was allowed to wake the boss at 2 am if it was truly necessary, he supposed. It wasn't that bad, he normally would've woken up within the hour, so it was just a little early for him.

PM
Yewknighted
 Posted: May 16 2014, 05:13 PM

Advanced Member

It wasn't locked? Really? She knew it was a concealed door, but it still wasn't a smart idea at all. Whatever. Legacy pushed the door open and stumbled a few steps in, having had to push a bit hard to open it. She then closed the door behind her and put the box she had had to deliver in the morning on the table. She stared at it for a few seconds, realizing it then for the pathetic little stalling device that it was.

Frozen would know that it wasn't what she had come here for. "Brannskada popped by last night…"

PM
Tuxedo Thunder
 Posted: May 18 2014, 05:58 PM

Advanced Member

That woke Frozen right up.

"What's that bastard doing around here? Did he do anything to you? Where is he?" Frozen couldn't control it, he was mad at Brannskada. Not only did he seem careless when they had seen him last. He had the balls to leave for months, then suddenly reappear? It just made him so mad!

"Okay, I'm going to calm down and take a step back here. We can talk about that... Griffon, later. What is this package you've brought me, Legacy?"

PM
Yewknighted
 Posted: May 18 2014, 06:22 PM

Advanced Member

It was almost enough to make Legacy laugh. She had honestly brought that package as a method of delaying talking about Brannskada for a few seconds longer. The package wasn't overly important. Legacy opened the box, which had clearly been opened already. She pulled out a watch that had gems embedded where the numbers would normally go. "Its a unique model of our Pagers. Something a little more subtle than what we've currently got."

Her own Pager was a bracelet that was around her right forehoof that was currently a clear white. Nothing was going on right now, so it was at its default color. There were other forms of Pagers. This was just a new model where they had managed to get the gems cut into smaller pieces but still work the same way.

PM
Tuxedo Thunder
 Posted: May 19 2014, 06:44 PM

Advanced Member

"Oh, great! I needed another one of these after I dropped my old one down that flaming oil well..." Boy had that been a crazy job... All they were trying to do was make sure their agents weren't dead. Then there was a crazy pegasus with some sort of fire fetish and then there was the lighter and the oil well... Those were good times...

"Okay... this is really not helping me get off the topic. I need to know, what did he say? Has he come to make amends for that night? I can't stop thinking about it."

PM
Yewknighted
 Posted: May 19 2014, 08:27 PM

Advanced Member

"Not really. He still doesn't think he's to blame whatsoever for not being there when I needed him most." Frozen probably remembered Brannskada's reasoning. That what would have happened if he had followed her any ways? She would have continued running. And the guards probably would have attacked him or something. Blah blah blah. "That being said, I have forgiven him for that. His words do have a kernel of truth to them. The boggart may not even have shown up if it saw the real Brannskada chasing me." Legacy shrugged with a sigh.

"Apparently the gift he gave me. You know. After the whole argument. It was his soul. Split up nine ways he says. Once he fell unconscious I kinda poked one of the feathers to see if it had any sort of attachment… He kinda twitched when I did so… So that means he gave me his SOUL even AFTER that argument. He… Just baffles me really. That he would give me such a gift as I was storming out the door…"

PM
Tuxedo Thunder
 Posted: May 20 2014, 02:00 PM

Advanced Member

"Wait, his soul? Why would he give you his soul? What reasons can an immortal phoenix griffon have for giving up his soul. And why nine parts? Nine parts is so cliché. If I wanted to break apart my soul to grant mighty power I'd do 12 parts or something." Not that he had been truly considering it, Frozen just needed something to put himself above Brann. He did it without really realizing it. He was unconsciously trying to prove that he was better than that Griffon.

"Okay, I won't deny he wasn't completely wrong, but still, he could've done something..." Frozen paused for a moment, looking back at the table before returning his gaze to Legacy.

"Did he say anything else, anything at all?"

PM
Yewknighted
 Posted: May 21 2014, 01:24 AM

Advanced Member

"Well…" Legacy then began to say everything he had said, with a prolific number of the word, Like, thrown into the mix as she spoke. She finished with a big exhale and a shake of her head. "This is all just too crazy. Even for me. I just don't know what to do."

OOC: http://jae.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=524
Legacy will have repeated all the dialogue that happened in this thread after the well…

PM
Tuxedo Thunder
 Posted: May 21 2014, 07:45 PM

Advanced Member

"Well..." Frozen leaned back into his seat, settling into a pose one might see a psychiatrist sitting in.

"From what you're telling me, Legacy, it seems he truly cares for you more than anyone ever possibly can. He was willing to give you his soul to do what you please with it, and that sheer gift was enough to kill him forever. It seemed from your account that he would have almost invited you to kill him with the soul fragment feathers. He was willing to die because the mare that he cared for more than any in his undieing life was yelling and screaming at him in anger and rage, confident that he had done nothing while she had almost died. He gave you his soul, in a completely literal sense. He gave you the one thing no stallion would ever freely give a mare he didn't want to see for the rest of his damn life. No matter what."

PM
Yewknighted
 Posted: May 21 2014, 08:19 PM

Advanced Member

"Exactly. But here's the problem. He loves me. Passionately. For Celestia knows why and I…" Legacy paused for a moment. "Well I don't. I've kinda moved past all that. Someone just walking out of your life like that kinda does that. So now he's here, in my life. And I don't know what to do with such a gesture. I can't just flip those feelings back on again."

PM
Tuxedo Thunder
 Posted: May 22 2014, 04:25 PM

Advanced Member

"I don't know what to tell you, which is something that pains me. I have no real idea about any of this psychological crap, but I know a great mare that does. Her name is Sapphire Star, a therapist and psychology extraordinaire. She has a small office in Canterlot, and I go there whenever I have some sort of issue about brain stuff or something I can't really figure out with physical or chemical sciences... She was recommended to me by the Pharmacist, who was in Canterlot with her when she was in school. They go t to know each other, but she stayed in Canterlot for a few years while he came back here to work with me. She is in Ponyville often, though she works primarily in Canterlot."

PM
Yewknighted
 Posted: May 22 2014, 04:32 PM

Advanced Member

Legacy's expression fell flat as she found that he had no advice for her. At least he tried with the head shrink though. "Not sure I want to go to a head shrink. They creep me out." She had tried one in prison… Of course that wasn't the best place to find the best head shrinks. But even so they were creepy to her. The concept...

PM
Tuxedo Thunder
 Posted: May 22 2014, 04:49 PM

Advanced Member

"Believe me, head shrinks and ponies like that are crazy, Sapphire isn't like that. She asks you questions, creates a profile, and meets with you on a case to case basis to discuss issues that may stem from what she got out of the initial psychological evaluation. If you bring her an issue, she will gladly work with you, because she can look at your evaluation and see where it comes from. Nine out of ten times she has been the most helpful pony I've ever met when it comes to issues like this. That one other time she was kind of on vacation somewhere and it didn't end well. Just try to stay away from that shady looking house a few miles south of here, there's nothing fun in there." There was of course a small fee...

"I'll cover any costs she asks of you, but only because I really think you should go to her. I won't order you unless it get's horribly out of hand... But I hope that won't happen. Just make sure to come to me with any problems that mean I get to attack something, and go to her with any issues that can be solved before it comes to blows."

PM
Yewknighted
 Posted: May 22 2014, 05:09 PM

Advanced Member

"I will definitely think about it." Said Legacy, who wouldn't actually go there until she thought she was hallucinating the Grim Reaper himself coming after her. Along with his hell hounds. Or his heaven hounds. Either one. "So you don't have any advice? Any at all? I mean this guy is like, toasted in my attic." She wouldn't be able to see Sapphire tonight even if she was planning on it.

PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll