Announcements
Start | Stop

Welcome to a world where love and friendship create the strongest of spells, and where an adventure can be found beyond every twist and turn. A world where all kinds of creatures find themselves in situations of a positively ludicrous nature, day after day, even! In such a world, where "normal" is relative, and mundane is anything but; what sort of journey will you find yourself on today?

• • •

Starting on the In-character date of Mid-June 2019, Journeys Across Equestria's first "Post Reboot" Story Arc will begin. When the latest Lunar Eclipse refuses to pass, Luna and Celestia find themselves cut off from the Moon and Realm of Dreams! Meanwhile, children everywhere are suddenly and inexplicably falling into a deep magical slumber, where they are tormented by terrible nightmares! Who, or what could possibly be responsible?!

To learn more about this upcoming event, please visit the Blood Moon Information and General Discussion thread in the Inn. If you want one or more of your characters to participate in this event, let us know here! The cutoff date for players who wish to participate in this event is May 11th, 2014.

• • •

In order to lessen spam and messages from bots, users are required to register a username for, and log into the Cbox in order to use it.

We are currently accepting Canon Character applications! A list of available characters can be found here, the thread to "claim" a character can be found here, and the audition thread itself can be found here.

Congratulations to JM95 for winning the role of Spike the Dragon, although this turn of events also means that he has voluntarily given up the role of Cheese Sandwich, putting him up for grabs along with all of the other available Canon Character roles.

As a reminder, if there are at least TWO auditions for the same character, a poll will be held within three days of the last audition made for that character. Additional auditions will be accepted at that time, but the deadline will not be extended. In three days after the poll has been started, the votes will be counted, and the winner will be announced, as with the old method.

To those of you that play Canon Characters: It is encouraged that you play your Canon Characters as often as you can, within reason. The JAE staff realizes that it can be more difficult to play certain characters in a day to day situation than others, (Such as one of the Princesses, in comparison to say... Pinkie Pie.) so in some cases, leniency is exercised. Still, it never hurts to make a thread that involves a character, that for once, doesn't involve the fate of Equestria hanging in the balance.

Journeys Across Equestria is a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Roleplay Forum set five years after the show. A 100 word count minimum for posts is enforced for all In-Character posts.

Our TVTropes Page: LINK

Date: June 2019 A.D (After Discord)
Current Events: Blood Moon
Description: When the Sisters are cut off from the Moon and the Realm of Dreams, a dark presence makes itself known in Equstria as children everywhere fall into a magically-induced slumber, plagued by terrible nightmares!
This site appears best in Chrome, Firefox and Opera browsers.

Our Affiliates
Equestrian LegendsWars of Equestria
The Fun Has Been Doubled!
Our Banner
Journeys Across Equestria: What stories will you discover on your travels?

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

Fmri(open), June 2nd 2019
Solaris
 Posted: May 17 2014, 04:45 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8

"Well...that all sounds rather serious. I suppose I missed more than I believed while I was away. I was not aware it was even possible to split a soul. Though somehow the idea does not seem completely foreign. Perhaps I read it in a tome somewhere, or heard an old legend. It' still quite an intriguing concept, however." Amaterasu said as he walked alongside his friend. Her story was quite an odd one, well by normal standards anyway. By his and what he believed to be Legacies standards someone splitting their soul apart for holiday must have been almost ho-hum.

"Has it occurred to you that perhaps this Brannskada may love you? I admit I am near oblivious to the ways of love, but I've heard tale that it would cause one to do things they'd normally consider mad with no idea why. I know that I would do anything to protect my Sister and Mother, and it's often claimed that romantic love surpasses the familial sort. Still it must be quite a frustrating situation." Amaterasu said with a small sigh. He wished to connect with Legacy, but he wasn't sure if he could...at least when it came to things like affection.

PM
Yewknighted
 Posted: May 18 2014, 05:58 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 27

"I know he loves me, he said he did." Basically any ways. She did not remember if those exact words came out of his mouth, but it was all heavily implied by the fact he had given her those. Even after they had kinda split up. "I just don't understand why. I mean hell, he knew me when I was a windigo. A creature that feeds on bucking hate for crying out loud! I'm just like thinking. What was there to love? To the point that one would split their soul like that?"

PM
Solaris
 Posted: May 19 2014, 09:12 AM

Advanced Member

"Well, I can't deny that there is something peculiar...umm special about you. After all, as you said, you transformed into a windigo at one point and returned. You've switched species, you've taken control of my free will... honestly you are quite the unique mare. Around you mundane life seems to take a turn for the dramatic. Perhaps your Brannskada finds that quality attractive? I assume that going to such an extreme length as partitioning of someone's soul implies an infatuation beyond simply finding pleasure in your physical form. Well, that or at least a resilience of the soul that makes it of relatively lower value." Amaterasu mused aloud. He really wished there was a manual on how to deal with love and attraction. He'd found a few on friendship, politeness, jokes... really all of those books had made him who he was. Carefully crafting his persona and his actions. Acting as close as he could to be a 'perfect' pony. Though he'd never quite gotten the routine down. Every now and again, no matter how hard he tried, something cruel; or rude slipped out. Speaking of which...

"I am sorry... I did not mean to imply your visual form was unsatisfying or that you were of little value. I was merely thinking aloud." He said quickly. He hoped Legacy wouldn't take offense with him, but he couldn't blame her.

PM
Yewknighted
 Posted: May 19 2014, 06:15 PM

Advanced Member

"Say whaaa? I don't remember taking control of your free will. What in the world are you talking about?" Legacy was officially confused now. "And don't worry. I didn't even think that you could be implying such a thing. Besides, your right. One would have to like another a lot more than physically in order to do such a thing." Legacy had thought their attraction was physical. She had been growing to appreciate him as more of course, but she hadn't realized he liked her that much. Legacy had to take a few moments to remember. It all HAD happened ten years ago afterall. "Oh yaaaah. I remember now." She hadn't even gotten to say good bye to him. Hadn't even gotten to see him before she had been thrown in jail.

PM
Solaris
 Posted: May 23 2014, 04:38 PM

Advanced Member

Amaterasu was a bit surprised she had forgotten. Was controlling so many creatures and bending them to her will such an ordinary occurrence she did not even remember it? He felt a bit hurt, but quickly ignored the emotion. It was childish of him to feel such a way, especially considering how it had affected Legacies life. The fact he felt something so petty made him ashamed.

" I suppose for you it was simply Tuesday. When one's life is so full of wonder they can hardly be expected to remember every detail. I am sure even Celestia's memory is not unerring. Perhaps it's for the best we do not think of that day often." He said as he walked alongside her. He probably shouldn't have brought it up at all. It was a stupid idea. He should have known better.

"Well, back on topic, a long difficult talk with this Brannskada may be in order. I wonder, how do you feel about him? Are the feelings just as powerful on your end?" He asked with a curious look in his eye.

PM
Yewknighted
 Posted: Jun 5 2014, 03:42 PM

Advanced Member

"I'm sorry Amy, my memory isn't the best." She didn't want him feeling bad for her brain fart. "And no, I'm not interested in him in that way." She may have forgiven him for what he did, but that didn't mean she could feel as she did before about him. Even back then her feelings had been mixed. He had been a useful ally, but she couldn't bring herself to call him friend. She had thought that if she could trust anyone she could trust him. But when it mattered most, when she was running for her life and bleeding out, he ran away because his wittle feelings were hurt.

Yes, she had forgiven him for that. But after such an event she could not imagine him as anything more than a friend, even if she carried his foal.

PM
Solaris
 Posted: Jun 6 2014, 01:19 PM

Advanced Member

Amaterasu let out a small laugh. It was rare he even showed that small amount of emotion to anypony, usually keeping a calm mask of stoicism, but with Legacy his guard dropped a little.

"Why Legacy, are you trying to spare my feelings? How kind, though the gesture is unneeded. I should hope that I am not still the child you met all those years ago, that I can control my emotions rather than the other way around. Still, that you care enough to apologize is appreciated." Amaterasu said with a slight smile. Oh course part of what he said was a lie... he had actually felt bad, and regretted that he had, but the bit about appreciating Legacy was more true than she likely knew. Other than his sister she was the first, and possibly the only friend he had ever made. She'd always hold a privileged place in his heart, even after all their time apart.

"I am sorry. That must complicate matters on your end. If there is any way I may assist, I am at your disposal. So I am sure your life has had a few pleasant turns. Is there any good news you'd like to share?" he said, attempting to get his bearing. They would probably be approaching the edge of the forest by now, but had been some time since he'd explored the Everfree and it was possible he was mistaken.

PM
Yewknighted
 Posted: Jun 6 2014, 04:36 PM

Advanced Member

Fortunately for Amy, even if he did not have his bearings Legacy did. She knew the Everfree well enough to know how to get it of it. She had to take a moment to think of some good news though. She did have good times. She just had to take a moment to push the bad aside to see it. "Well I got a promotion at my job, and Frozen's doing well. And no worries about me, I'll be fine dealing with Brann."

PM
Solaris
 Posted: Jun 7 2014, 01:11 AM

Advanced Member

"A promotion? Well, congratulations are in order then. Perhaps I should have brought a gift for you when I returned. Even if this meeting was unexpected, I've always preferred to plan for such unforeseen occurrences. Don't worry, when next we meet I'll have rectified this blunder." Amaterasu said, pondering what would be an appropriate gift for Legacy. Perhaps a new set of quills or a shiny new sofa of some sort? He'd never been particularly good at gift giving, for various reasons, but he was sure he'd think of something.

"it is nice to know fortune has smiled upon you and Frozen, even if for a short time. I did not get much chance to meet the stallion, but he seemed like a good sort during our brief time together. I...am glad there is someone that may watch out for you, Not that I think you need to be monitored or anything It is just..." Amaterasu hated letting a sentence trail off like that. It was the opposite of clear concise communication. After all, if you couldn't finish a thought then why even start it? However, in this case he just didn't know what to say. Perhaps it was stupid to rely on another to interpret your feelings, but that was exactly what he hoped Legacy could do now.

PM
Yewknighted
 Posted: Jun 9 2014, 02:42 PM

Advanced Member

"Oh no, no need for a gift." Said Legacy with a shake of her head. She was flattered, but she didn't want him to feel guilty rot something for not having gotten her a gift. She pattered Amy's shoulder, nodding. "I understand… Would you like to meet him? He actually has a home in the Everfree, but he's likely not there. I could arrange a meeting today."

PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll