Announcements
Start | Stop

Welcome to a world where love and friendship create the strongest of spells, and where an adventure can be found beyond every twist and turn. A world where all kinds of creatures find themselves in situations of a positively ludicrous nature, day after day, even! In such a world, where "normal" is relative, and mundane is anything but; what sort of journey will you find yourself on today?

• • •

Starting on the In-character date of Mid-June 2019, Journeys Across Equestria's first "Post Reboot" Story Arc will begin. When the latest Lunar Eclipse refuses to pass, Luna and Celestia find themselves cut off from the Moon and Realm of Dreams! Meanwhile, children everywhere are suddenly and inexplicably falling into a deep magical slumber, where they are tormented by terrible nightmares! Who, or what could possibly be responsible?!

To learn more about this upcoming event, please visit the Blood Moon Information and General Discussion thread in the Inn. If you want one or more of your characters to participate in this event, let us know here! The cutoff date for players who wish to participate in this event is May 11th, 2014.

• • •

In order to lessen spam and messages from bots, users are required to register a username for, and log into the Cbox in order to use it.

We are currently accepting Canon Character applications! A list of available characters can be found here, the thread to "claim" a character can be found here, and the audition thread itself can be found here.

Congratulations to JM95 for winning the role of Spike the Dragon, although this turn of events also means that he has voluntarily given up the role of Cheese Sandwich, putting him up for grabs along with all of the other available Canon Character roles.

As a reminder, if there are at least TWO auditions for the same character, a poll will be held within three days of the last audition made for that character. Additional auditions will be accepted at that time, but the deadline will not be extended. In three days after the poll has been started, the votes will be counted, and the winner will be announced, as with the old method.

To those of you that play Canon Characters: It is encouraged that you play your Canon Characters as often as you can, within reason. The JAE staff realizes that it can be more difficult to play certain characters in a day to day situation than others, (Such as one of the Princesses, in comparison to say... Pinkie Pie.) so in some cases, leniency is exercised. Still, it never hurts to make a thread that involves a character, that for once, doesn't involve the fate of Equestria hanging in the balance.

Journeys Across Equestria is a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Roleplay Forum set five years after the show. A 100 word count minimum for posts is enforced for all In-Character posts.

Our TVTropes Page: LINK

Date: June 2019 A.D (After Discord)
Current Events: Blood Moon
Description: When the Sisters are cut off from the Moon and the Realm of Dreams, a dark presence makes itself known in Equstria as children everywhere fall into a magically-induced slumber, plagued by terrible nightmares!
This site appears best in Chrome, Firefox and Opera browsers.

Our Affiliates
Equestrian LegendsWars of Equestria
The Fun Has Been Doubled!
Our Banner
Journeys Across Equestria: What stories will you discover on your travels?

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

Fmri(open), June 2nd 2019
Yewknighted
 Posted: May 12 2014, 01:37 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 27

Legacy had decided that tonight she needed something she hadn't thought of in awhile. Those glowing mushrooms Amy had once shown her when they had been hanging out together in the Everfree. It had been an interesting day, and while it had been over ten years ago for her, she still remembered. Legacy picked one of the mushrooms and placed it in her saddle bag. She reckoned this was probably the same stuff that Zecora used on Nightmare Night to make those shapes. While Legacy did not know how to do that, she did like the glowing thing.

And was liking the idea of perhaps literally glowing for awhile, it'd give her an ethereal sort of look. And in her line of work, she could think of a few instances where looking kinda spooky and glowing in the dark would come in handy. Glowing pony glows in the dark. She probably wouldn't paint her entire body with it. Just enough to make her look sinister. It may or may not work, but Legacy liked the idea.

Legacy looked into her saddle bag for a second, musing on whether or not she should grab a few more for what she had in mind.

PM
Solaris
 Posted: May 12 2014, 02:36 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8

The Everfree forest. Even now, after two years of travel it seemed the same. Why this was the first place Amaterasu had come to see after nearly two years of absence from his family and friends was a mystery even to him. After all, wouldn't most normal creatures want to rush back to the loving embrace of their kin as soon as possible? Then again Amaterasu had never been normal and in these quiet lonely places he'd felt as if he could...well just be himself.

However this lonely place was a bit less lonely today, as there was a mare here. She seemed to be harvesting the luminescent fungus that Amaterasu had found as a child. Odd...he didn't remember telling many ponies of this particular area. It was possible, perhaps likely, that some pony else had simply come across it, but on closer inspection he realized that today had just become a bit more interesting.

"Miss Legacy. It has truly been too long." Amaterasu said simply in a quiet voice as he approached. he wore a black coat trimmed with odd fur, and had his blade slung on his side. His left eyes was, as always, covered by his mane and his neck was wrapped in a red scarf, in spite of the weather.

PM
Yewknighted
 Posted: May 12 2014, 03:46 PM

Advanced Member

Legacy flinched a little bit at hearing someone approach, but in hearing their voice, knew immediately who they were. She turned around and smiled at him. Her teeth and mouth seemed to be glowing, and they were. She had used her mouth for the first mushroom she picked. A mistake she did not repeat again. They didn't taste very good at all. "Oh Hi Amy. Sorry I haven't been able to visit you in Canterlot, I've just been so busy."

She was unaware of the fact that when she saw him in Canterlot that had actually been a rare circumstance. Having been locked up in prison for ten years tended to through off one's knowledge of what was normal. She assumed that he had been living in Canterlot all the while. And was still living there.

PM
Solaris
 Posted: May 12 2014, 04:33 PM

Advanced Member

Amaterasu gave a bow and stared at Legacy with his cold eyes. They were analytical and piercing, but if one looked closely, very closely there was a hint of kindness in them. That kindness was rarely seen, but for certain ponies, Legacy among them, that kindness seemed to shine a bit closer to his icy exterior.

"Picking with your teeth? You have not changed a bit, Miss Legacy. However, do not feel any guilt for the lack of visits. You would not have found me there, in any case. I was recently...on a sojourn of sorts. You're actually the first familiar face I've seen since our last little adventure together." Amaterasu said with a small smile. His golden aura wrapped around a few mushrooms and pulled them up before levitating them over to Legacy.
"Well, how have you been in this time?"

PM
Yewknighted
 Posted: May 14 2014, 10:17 AM

Advanced Member

"What's that supposed to mean?" Legacy said almost jokingly. She hadn't picked mushrooms like this last time. Whether it be last time or ten years ago. And if he was talking about last time, she sure hoped she had changed. Now that she thought about it, maybe she should have invited Amy to have Hearth's W… No. He was sure to have done it with his family. That was her thought then, and was her thought now. She sure hoped she had changed since last time. She wasn't a windigo, had learned the magic of friendship…

That being said, a mare didn't change overnight. She was still pricey as a cactus for most people. She just had a few people she could count on now. Amy being amongst them. Legacy really should have kept better contact. With as few friends as she had, she couldn't afford to loose them to something so trivial as distance. At least Amy hadn't seemed to mind. "Been alright, I got a little promotion at my job, so that's nice. Also pregnant, in case you couldn't tell." She was starting to show a little bit at this point.

PM
Solaris
 Posted: May 14 2014, 10:49 AM

Advanced Member

"I was merely implying that you seem to do things in a way I would not expect. Deliberate and to the point at times, but in a completely different manner. That and Seeing you glow out here in the forest brings back a few fond memories." Amaterasu said with a hint of a smile. Was he being rude? He hoped not. Fawnhood was a long ways away now, but even still he could remember that Legacy was one of the few ponies he could depend on. One of the only creatures he could honestly call friend. Still her news was enough to draw him out of his reminiscing and back to the 'real world'.

"Really? Well, I was mistaken. You have changed at least a bit...though I suppose that is natural. Few things remain the same forever." Amaterasu said. He attempted to place the mushrooms in Legacies bag and gather a few more.

"So, why exactly are you out here in your condition?It seems a long way from home."

PM
Yewknighted
 Posted: May 14 2014, 04:01 PM

Advanced Member

"If anything its the Everfree that should be afraid of me." Said Legacy. She herself could pack quite a punch. Her fighting skills were not exactly… Orthodox in their methods of teaching. She had learned them whilst in prison, they were a necessity. While they didn't come from the most reputable of places, they were useful. And would likely best even most of the guards that Equestria was oh so proud of. The majority of them were lightweights. Not that she'd use her particular... Skillset against them.

Legacy had had enough prison time. Thank you very much. "I'll be fine. Thanks for helping out by the way."

PM
Solaris
 Posted: May 15 2014, 12:30 PM

Advanced Member

"Yes, you're a real walking terror. Honestly I was so frightened I almost didn't approach you. It was a titanic feat of courage and effort to even say hello." Amaterasu said in a cold tone. It would be difficult for one who didn't know him to pick up on the fact that he was only half joking. He knew quite well that Legacy could handle herself. She was quite a capable mare when she really put her mind to it. He didn't know everything, but from some of the things he knew Legacy had accomplished what few believed was possible.

"My assistance is a small favor to by the affection of a creature far more powerful than myself. That, or I wish to assist one of the only friends I've ever known in a menial task. Between the two of us, the first is more likely. So, what are you doing out here in the Everfree? Besides terrifying all the Timberwolves, I mean." Amaterasu said as he shouldered his blade.

PM
Yewknighted
 Posted: May 15 2014, 05:10 PM

Advanced Member

Despite the cold tone of Amy's voice she couldn't help but laugh about half way through his words. It was simply too funny not to laugh. She'd retort with the fact that the creatures wouldn't know that she was something to be feared until they crossed her, but she decided not to, in seeing that it was probably very obvious what she had meant. Amy was just kidding. "I'll make sure to keep your diabolical intentions a secret." Legacy snickered. "Not doing much other than what you see here. Collecting mushrooms. Gonna make glowy paint out of them. Say, you know how long the glow lasts? Or know how to prolong it?"

PM
Solaris
 Posted: May 15 2014, 06:30 PM

Advanced Member

"Well the glow can last up to three hours if you don't wash it off, but it can begin to dull. To keep it shining bright mixing in night blossom or crushed gullwing and stir it a few times. Admittedly it's been a long time since I dealt with this sort of thing. Perhaps better method have come bout in the mean time?" Amaterasu said , thinking over his previous experiences with the peculiar fungus. He could remember it all rather clearly, most of it was one of the better moments he could remember of his childhood. Still, he had no time for such things now. Such childish indulgences were for other ponies, not for himself.

He walked over to Legacy with attached and controlled sort of grace looking at her the whole while. Eye contact was very important for communication, or so it was said. He'd never been great with such interactions so it was best to rely on rules and regulation. It most often was.

"I thank you for your discretion on my evil plans. When I rule Gaia you shall receive a muffin basket and a small island. So, do you require anything else?" Amaterasu said in his usual dry tone.

PM
Yewknighted
 Posted: May 15 2014, 06:57 PM

Advanced Member

"Gullwing? Like. Seagull?" Asked Legacy, brow furrowing uncertaintly. She supposed that she could get Brannskada to help her get some… But it would be really gross. Legacy didn't mind hurting ponies. Not ones that could fight back. But animals? That was going a bit far for her. They were just, like, defenseless. "I don't really need any more mushrooms. Wanna come back to Ponyville with me though? We can catch up." She didn't want to risk getting too many mushrooms and them fading before she could use them. She might have already gotten too many, but she wasn't going to complain hem Amy had been nice enough to help.

"So are we talking Crystal berry muffins or Huckleberry muffins?" Legacy added, going along with the joke.

PM
Solaris
 Posted: May 16 2014, 12:38 PM

Advanced Member

"Well, I was thinking something more along the lines of an flower that tends to grow near sandy areas with long delicate petals and thin roots, but seagull feathers could make a good mixing agent now that I think about it. I'll remember that for a later date. It could prove useful." Amaterasu said, only half joking really. His mind seemed to always be working, even in the oddest times.

"Well Crystal berries do have a certain charm about them, though I was thinking of trying cherries. You know, go for the unexpected. Or perhaps I could have an entirely new sort of berry bred just for your consumption? Surely that would be an apt gesture of my eternal gratitude. I would need to think of a name and what properties and flavors would be most appealing to your discerning tastes. That's not even mentioning the time and careful supervision breeding a new sort of plant would require, but I think the effort would prove worth it in the end. Perhaps I could even have them glow in the dark? Wouldn't that be a treat?" Amaterasu said as he moved beside her. If Legacy were to start moving along, then he would keep pace.

"I was planning to go to Canterlot, but a quick stop in Ponyville isn't much trouble. I haven't had many opportunities for social visits. Perhaps this will be a good change of pace. "

PM
Yewknighted
 Posted: May 16 2014, 04:51 PM

Advanced Member

"Making a new plant are we? What high ambitions you have for a unicorn." Legacy teased as she started walking back to Ponyville. Granted, if any unicorn could do it, she was pretty sure Amy could. He had a talent for magic after all. Granted, it would still be easier as an earth pony. Which could be easily arranged… Not that she would arrange it. She doubted Amy was one to use transpecies pins. "So what kind of journey were you on anyway? Where'd you go?"

PM
Solaris
 Posted: May 16 2014, 05:13 PM

Advanced Member

"Well if there's one thing in my life I have not lacked, it is ambition Amaterasu, the colt who can move the sun through will alone and make dragons cower with a glance. He makes the impossible possible and strides on beams of light as rainbows stream from areas that would be rude to mention." Amaterasu joked with a wave of his claw. He was well aware of the massive amount of pride he wielded For better or worse, he truly seemed to believe that anything was possible if he put his mind to it. There were benefit to that, but there were elements of a ...darker nature as well. One he was equally aware of.

"I was... away. It was a bit difficult for me to determine why or wear to go I merely knew I needed to leave. There was something growing within me. Something I had to address. Meditating, training, living in relative seclusion. I was hoping to find peace but... well something has dragged me back. I'm not sure why, but I knew I had to return. Sorry if I am being vague, I do not mean to be. It is merely that...well for once in my life I feel without direction. Without purpose. I know not what to do or how to do it. I was hoping Canterlot may provide the answer." He said, looking down. Legacy was one of the few ponies he spoke honestly with, but it still made him feel an immense feeling of vulnerability, as if he was a child again. It was unpleasant.

PM
Yewknighted
 Posted: May 16 2014, 05:35 PM

Advanced Member

Legacy couldn't help but snicker a little bit at Amy saying that he was being vague. Compared to one of the more recent King of Vagues she had come across, he was begin as clear as crystal. "Perhaps a little vague, but you should have been there the other day. It was like… Baffling. This one person did something just… Unbelievably crazy. And when I asked them why they were just like. I don't know. And I was all like, seriously? And he was like, yah, seriously." Legacy waved her hoof around, knowing that Amy would ask for more details.

"Brannskada says he split his soul nine ways and gave it to me as my Hearth's Warming Present. Even AFTER I shouted him down. And when I asked him why he said he didn't know. How can you not know why you do something THAT important?"

PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll