Announcements
Start | Stop

Welcome to a world where love and friendship create the strongest of spells, and where an adventure can be found beyond every twist and turn. A world where all kinds of creatures find themselves in situations of a positively ludicrous nature, day after day, even! In such a world, where "normal" is relative, and mundane is anything but; what sort of journey will you find yourself on today?

• • •

Starting on the In-character date of Mid-June 2019, Journeys Across Equestria's first "Post Reboot" Story Arc will begin. When the latest Lunar Eclipse refuses to pass, Luna and Celestia find themselves cut off from the Moon and Realm of Dreams! Meanwhile, children everywhere are suddenly and inexplicably falling into a deep magical slumber, where they are tormented by terrible nightmares! Who, or what could possibly be responsible?!

To learn more about this upcoming event, please visit the Blood Moon Information and General Discussion thread in the Inn. If you want one or more of your characters to participate in this event, let us know here! The cutoff date for players who wish to participate in this event is May 11th, 2014.

• • •

In order to lessen spam and messages from bots, users are required to register a username for, and log into the Cbox in order to use it.

We are currently accepting Canon Character applications! A list of available characters can be found here, the thread to "claim" a character can be found here, and the audition thread itself can be found here.

Congratulations to JM95 for winning the role of Spike the Dragon, although this turn of events also means that he has voluntarily given up the role of Cheese Sandwich, putting him up for grabs along with all of the other available Canon Character roles.

As a reminder, if there are at least TWO auditions for the same character, a poll will be held within three days of the last audition made for that character. Additional auditions will be accepted at that time, but the deadline will not be extended. In three days after the poll has been started, the votes will be counted, and the winner will be announced, as with the old method.

To those of you that play Canon Characters: It is encouraged that you play your Canon Characters as often as you can, within reason. The JAE staff realizes that it can be more difficult to play certain characters in a day to day situation than others, (Such as one of the Princesses, in comparison to say... Pinkie Pie.) so in some cases, leniency is exercised. Still, it never hurts to make a thread that involves a character, that for once, doesn't involve the fate of Equestria hanging in the balance.

Journeys Across Equestria is a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Roleplay Forum set five years after the show. A 100 word count minimum for posts is enforced for all In-Character posts.

Our TVTropes Page: LINK

Date: June 2019 A.D (After Discord)
Current Events: Blood Moon
Description: When the Sisters are cut off from the Moon and the Realm of Dreams, a dark presence makes itself known in Equstria as children everywhere fall into a magically-induced slumber, plagued by terrible nightmares!
This site appears best in Chrome, Firefox and Opera browsers.

Our Affiliates
Equestrian LegendsWars of Equestria
The Fun Has Been Doubled!
Our Banner
Journeys Across Equestria: What stories will you discover on your travels?

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

Rand()(open), June 16 2019
Tuxedo Thunder
 Posted: May 24 2014, 02:45 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Admins
Member No.: 5

The forest was getting closer, and there wasn't a safe way he could think of to get Brann down.

"Remind me, what would happen if you poked one of the soul feathers now? Would it give him the idea that he should get his ass down here so we can stay together?" She knew more about them then he did, granted he hadn't actually looked up anything about splitting the soul. He was due a visit to Twilight's Library. Hopefully she wouldn't get suspicious about a gangster looking up the way to basically have eternal life as long as the fragments are in a safe location.

PM
Yewknighted
 Posted: May 24 2014, 03:10 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 27

"He'd apparently be able to tell even if I poked one in his sleep. He's probably lucky I haven't actually used any of these." Said legacy as she took out the case that held the feathers and opened it. She remembered the last time she had used a Phoenix feather. She'd used a transpecies pin for the first time to become a unicorn. Legacy was pretty damn sure the Phoenix feather quill had amplified her unicorn powers. Pretty damn sure. She then took a feather out and poked it, looking up at Brann as she did so. Yes, the Phoenix feather was on fire, and yes, Legacy was not harmed by the flame

PM
Twisted Visions
 Posted: May 24 2014, 07:20 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 32

Brannskada landed quite quickly behind the two with a rather aggravated look on his face. "You know, you could just call up too me right? I may not be able to tell what your saying when your talking, but I can still hear you! By the gods please stop poking the feathers! It's so irritating" He grumbled
PM
Tuxedo Thunder
 Posted: May 24 2014, 07:35 PM

Advanced Member

"Look, it was my idea, I'm sorry. I didn't know if you could hear us for sure, so I needed a sure-fire way to get you down. None of that matters any more, we're here." The entrance to the forest was as menacing as ever. The bloody light of the Blood Moon made it no less evil... The trees looked as if bathed in blood, their jagged branches piercing the skies, spears of mighty soldiers victorious on the battlefield. The eyes always watching from the brush gleamed with the tint of demonic red. Damn Blood Moon could make anything look terrifying...

"We only have about half a mile of walking to get to my place, there we will have enough supplies to last until a new world order if we had to. Which we won't..." He looked away from Legacy and Brann, and back towards the town. Hopefully he would be able to look back and see it again. Not that he doubted he would, it was just... The town was normally so peaceful, but one small thing set everyone off. One small thing that could change the world forever...

It was a frightening thought, how something so simple exploded into something so massive and frightful... A blood moon in the beginning, children trapped by something in their dreams by now, what could it end as? Only time would tell... But Frozen was visibly on edge, just enough to be noticeably off.

"C'mon, we better hurry if we want to make it there soon..."

PM
Yewknighted
 Posted: May 24 2014, 07:44 PM

Advanced Member

"I shouted earlier and you didn't' seem to react. Sooo… Of course I'd use the feathers." Said Legacy, not wanting Frozen to take the entire blame for it. After all, she knew the feathers could be used for such a purpose after all. Legacy looked back at the rioting town of Ponyville. The riots would die down… And they would be back. There was no way that Legacy would stand this out. She was thinking five hours would be more than enough time… "If this is how you react to the feathers being poked I shudder to think of your reaction if I actually used them as the quills you formed them to be." Legacy added with a little joking smile as she put the case away and tucked the feather that she had used to "summon" Brann behind her ear. She was still kinda weirded out that this didn't burn her.

She wondered if she wrote with them if he would be able to know what was written with them. Either way, these made for quite the efficient rudimentary summoning tools. Most ritual summonings were complicated. All Legacy had to do was poke them though.

PM
Twisted Visions
 Posted: May 25 2014, 08:37 AM

Advanced Member

Brannskada grumbled something about having important things to do at the moment then show up at every beck and call... Like making sure no one snuck up on them. "Ok, so wer are at the forest, and you dragged me down because I assume your worried I won't be able to see you in the forest, when she is VERY CLEARLY CARRYING MY SOUL!" HE exclaimed, nto yelling but pointing at the feathers. "I know exactly where she is at all times so long as she holds that feather... For the love of the gods I need to sit you down and tell you what you can and cannot d with those feathers" He grumbled, looking miserable "Or else my life is going to turn intoo a long line of annoying stuff hapening" He grumbled. He seemed bothered by something, but it didn't seem to be what he was actually bothered by at the moment...
PM
Tuxedo Thunder
 Posted: May 26 2014, 06:14 AM

Advanced Member

"We can do some sort of dumb learning course about fragmented souls once we get to my house, I could use a lesson on them anyway." Frozen spoke with a fairly sarcastic tone. arguably, he really did need to learn about the feathers if he was going to have to work with Brann since he was with Legacy...

"The biggest reason we need you down here is because there are monsters and beasts in the forest I can't beat. Massive chimeras with magical goat heads, 300 headed hydras, the whole lot of this forest ponies have recorded is just the beginning of the dangers. We need to be on our highest guard. Nothing goes through the Everfree Forest without something stalking behind it."

PM
Yewknighted
 Posted: May 26 2014, 10:05 AM

Advanced Member

"The feathers allow you to have x-ray vision? Because if a predator sneaks up on us you aren't going to see it until its too late. Because you'll be safe above the frigging canopy while we're trudging through the Everfree forest." She was kinda pissed off at Brann right now. He wanted to fly high and safe above all the dangers of the Everfree while they trudged through it? Granted, with a pony like Frozen and her around, she was confident they would be okay, but it was the concept of the thing.

If he could actually see what his feather would "see" she was glad she had kept the feathers in a case for all those months. She did not like being spied on. and these seemed like the perfect spying tools for Brann if he really could use them like a crystal ball or whatever. A hidden camera? She didn't know how she'd describe it.

PM
Twisted Visions
 Posted: May 27 2014, 12:27 PM

Advanced Member

Brannskada rolled his eyes "Yes, lots and lots of creatures. You act like I'm not over two millennium old" He said in a growl. "Feel free to talk, I'll walk ahead and make sure nothing comes towards us. As they say, fire is the best way to keep animals away" He grumbled, his feathers slowly igniting and he walked a few yards ahead. Yea... Totally upset about something...
PM
Tuxedo Thunder
 Posted: May 27 2014, 03:17 PM

Advanced Member

Frozen could tell something was wrong, and he knew Brann would hear him if he tried to casually figure it out by talking with Legacy. If he confronted him directly, there was no way he could be sure that there would be a secure answer, he didn't know him well enough. They would have to hopefully make it to the house before- unless...

He got out his master pager, designed to send out to the others. He prepared a signal for Legacy, an orange-red with a yellow swirling bit in it, the signal for emotional distress, hopefully she'd remember. He made sure to watch for her pager to change and notify her. When it came on, he motioned towards Brann. Hopefully she would get the message and try to talk to him. Or not, Frozen couldn't be sure.

PM
Yewknighted
 Posted: May 28 2014, 12:47 AM

Advanced Member

In seeing that the color of the gem strapped to her foreleg like a watch changed through her peripheral vision, she looked down at it quickly. She of course remembered all the colors. Legacy had made sure that she memorized all of them. In her line of work such important things couldn't be passed up. She had been given this for a reason.

Unfortunately the message was a little muddled. Legacy was thinking that Frozen was distressed that the fire bird was going all fiery. Legacy wasn't sure she ought ever be afraid of Brannskada really. He was a lot of bark, but so far she hadn't seen him bite. Not really. He was rather good at running away.

In today's case, flying high above safe above the Everfree canopy while they trudged in the Everfree… Was he saying that he actually had x-ray vision? Legacy wasn't sure she was buying that. The more and more time she spent with Brannskada the more it felt like he had made the wrong decision in giving her these feathers.

Honestly she wanted to stick them back in from where ever they had come from. What was she supposed to do with his soul? She hadn't asked for it, and while she had liked him once upon a time like that, she hadn't wanted such a grand gesture. It was just so frustrating. "You'll be okay, I got your back." Legacy whispered to Frozen, hopefully quiet enough so that the feather she had tucked in her mane couldn't hear her. And perhaps by extension, Brannskada.

PM
Tuxedo Thunder
 Posted: May 28 2014, 04:23 PM

Advanced Member

Frozen looked at Legacy with a sort of confused face, before realizing what she meant.

He whispered back to Legacy, figuring that if she felt safe whispering that it was safe to talk with whispers.

"I meant that Brann sounds unusually pissed off at something. I was trying to get you to talk to him, I doubt he would even thing to listen to what I have to say." He couldn't be completely certain that she had noticed how Brann was acting. Maybe he was still pissed about the feather being used to call him down to the ground, but Frozen was thinking it was more than a simple minor misuse of his soul-feather...

PM
Yewknighted
 Posted: May 28 2014, 04:39 PM

Advanced Member

"What am I supposed to do? He never should have given me these feathers to begin with." Legacy whispered, looking around to check the surroundings around them. FIre also had the potential to attract some creatures as well, so she wasn't letting her guard down. Legacy still didn't know what to do with such a gesture. She didn't want it. She had had months to get over him, and had quite very well succeeded on that. She couldn't simply turn the feelings on again. Nor was she sure she would even if she could.

Get out of death free cards or not she did not appreciate the feeling of obligation they carried.

PM
Tuxedo Thunder
 Posted: May 28 2014, 05:06 PM

Advanced Member

"The feathers aren't important damnit, it's his mental stability I'm worried about. We can decide what you want to do about the feathers after the blood moon, but right now I don't want a rampaging lion-bird of fire running through the Everfree. All I want is to know that we can all work as a team here, and I can't do that with Brann being pissed for some reason I don't know." Frozen understood Legacy was confused about what she would do with the feathers, and how she was supposed to react to Brann returning and loving her like no other.

"If you can't talk to him, I guess I will. If Brann is at all reasonable, I might be able to do something. If not, I can hope he is merciful to me..." Hopefully it wouldn't come to that.

PM
Yewknighted
 Posted: May 28 2014, 07:09 PM

Advanced Member

"He's mentally unstable all the time, the only difference now is that he's mad. I mean hell. There's no way his feelings are of love. They're of obsession." She said it before. Back when she was a windigo. What exactly was there to love about that?Sure she'd been nice to him and given him fun times. But that did not equate to the degree he had shown to supposedly love her. "He's just pouting because we insisted that he walk with us rather than fly over the canopy where he would be perfectly safe." Legacy whispered.

PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 3  Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll