Announcements
Start | Stop

Welcome to a world where love and friendship create the strongest of spells, and where an adventure can be found beyond every twist and turn. A world where all kinds of creatures find themselves in situations of a positively ludicrous nature, day after day, even! In such a world, where "normal" is relative, and mundane is anything but; what sort of journey will you find yourself on today?

• • •

Starting on the In-character date of Mid-June 2019, Journeys Across Equestria's first "Post Reboot" Story Arc will begin. When the latest Lunar Eclipse refuses to pass, Luna and Celestia find themselves cut off from the Moon and Realm of Dreams! Meanwhile, children everywhere are suddenly and inexplicably falling into a deep magical slumber, where they are tormented by terrible nightmares! Who, or what could possibly be responsible?!

To learn more about this upcoming event, please visit the Blood Moon Information and General Discussion thread in the Inn. If you want one or more of your characters to participate in this event, let us know here! The cutoff date for players who wish to participate in this event is May 11th, 2014.

• • •

In order to lessen spam and messages from bots, users are required to register a username for, and log into the Cbox in order to use it.

We are currently accepting Canon Character applications! A list of available characters can be found here, the thread to "claim" a character can be found here, and the audition thread itself can be found here.

Congratulations to JM95 for winning the role of Spike the Dragon, although this turn of events also means that he has voluntarily given up the role of Cheese Sandwich, putting him up for grabs along with all of the other available Canon Character roles.

As a reminder, if there are at least TWO auditions for the same character, a poll will be held within three days of the last audition made for that character. Additional auditions will be accepted at that time, but the deadline will not be extended. In three days after the poll has been started, the votes will be counted, and the winner will be announced, as with the old method.

To those of you that play Canon Characters: It is encouraged that you play your Canon Characters as often as you can, within reason. The JAE staff realizes that it can be more difficult to play certain characters in a day to day situation than others, (Such as one of the Princesses, in comparison to say... Pinkie Pie.) so in some cases, leniency is exercised. Still, it never hurts to make a thread that involves a character, that for once, doesn't involve the fate of Equestria hanging in the balance.

Journeys Across Equestria is a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Roleplay Forum set five years after the show. A 100 word count minimum for posts is enforced for all In-Character posts.

Our TVTropes Page: LINK

Date: June 2019 A.D (After Discord)
Current Events: Blood Moon
Description: When the Sisters are cut off from the Moon and the Realm of Dreams, a dark presence makes itself known in Equstria as children everywhere fall into a magically-induced slumber, plagued by terrible nightmares!
This site appears best in Chrome, Firefox and Opera browsers.

Our Affiliates
Equestrian LegendsWars of Equestria
The Fun Has Been Doubled!
Our Banner
Journeys Across Equestria: What stories will you discover on your travels?

Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

Labor Pains, Tag Cannoli {JM}
shinska
 Posted: May 7 2014, 05:58 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 13

Azure was heading down the stairs. When she stepped in the living room the mare staggered and let out a shriek. Rose whipped around at her daughter. Her eyes widened. "Azure! DIAMOND ACE SEND FOR CANNOLI!"

The mare rushed over to her daughter and helped her to her hooves. Thankfully they had a bed set up downstairs for this very thing. Azure had wanted a home delivery, but she was quite unprepared for the pain. She let out another shriek as another wave of pain hit her.

"Azure I need you to push when you feel the pain. Cannoli should be here soon."

Diamond Ace poked his head in. "Word's been sent. Hopefully he and Saber will be here soon. Azure do you want Cannoli in here?"

The mare nodded. "It's his foal too."

She gritted her teeth as another wave of pain hit, though she pushed when she felt the pain, as per her mother's orders. It hurt so much!

"W-Why does it hurt?"

"I do not know, but I can tell you it is a normal reaction. Cannoli should be on his way soon."

Azure felt tears sting her eyes as she waited for Cannoli to arrive.

Azure | Unicorn | Mare
Nightspire | Pegasus | Stallion
PM
JM95
 Posted: May 10 2014, 02:02 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4

Cannoli knew that Azure would probably be having the baby any day now, but he hoped to Celestia it wouldn't be today. Today there was going to be an important Wonderbolts meet he really needed to go to, and if he missed it he would possibly not be able to qualify for the new racing year. However, there was also Azure, who was way more important.

From the looks of Cannoli, though, he didn't seem to be in any particular rush for anything. He was sitting on the couch, reading his favorite comic book, Dapper Dan and the Depraved Sirens. He was reading a scene where Dapper Dan was doing something incredibly inappropriate with his mane gel, and laughing his flank off.

"Cannoli!" Saber shouted, swinging the door open. "Azure's gone into labor!"

Cannoli didn't quite hear Saber, he was still too immersed in his comic book.

"Let's go, Dapper Dan!" Saber pushed Cannoli off of the couch and towards the door. "She's having your baby, ya know, and she wants you to be there!"

After some panic and general fumbling around, Cannoli and Saber made it to Azure's place. Cannoli trotted up to the door, a panicked cringe on his face.

"H-hello?" he stammered, knocking on the door. "It's Cannoli!"

PM
shinska
 Posted: May 11 2014, 03:09 PM

Advanced Member

Diamond Ace opened the door. Upon seeing Cannoli and Saber he smiled softly. "Cannoli follow me. She's wanting you. Please do whatever Rose asks of you."

The older stallion led the way to the room where Rose and Azure were and pushed it open. Rose looked over and gave a weak smile.

"Hello Cannoli. Can you please try to comfort Azure? And whatever you do... don't listen to what she says. It's a normal response to the pain."

Azure let out a pained screech as she pushed. "I'M NEVER HAVING ANOTHER FOAL!"

Rose winced. Diamond Ace pulled out and rejoined Saber. "Is there anything I can get you? Daisy sandwich? Some milk?"

The stallion hoped that he could keep Saber occupied until Azure was finished. In the room, Azure's neck was stretched as far back as it would go, sweat covering her pretty blue fur. The mare's hooves dug tightly against the bed as if trying to ground herself. After a few moments Azure buried her face into the pillow and screamed into it.

Rose bit her lower lip. "Cannoli can you get Diamond Ace to bring me a couple of towels? One wet, one dry?"

The mare went back to trying to get her daughter to push. "Azure I know it hurts, but I need you to push for me. Cannoli is here and he'll be helping with the comforting, but I need you to please push."

Azure screamed again as another contraction hit. "THIS IS YOUR FAULT!" That was aimed at Cannoli and Rose winced.

"Please ignore her. I said the same to Diamond Ace when Azure was born. And I know it's the same for all mares... pain is not an easy thing to deal with."

Azure | Unicorn | Mare
PM
JM95
 Posted: May 11 2014, 03:53 PM

Advanced Member

When the two of them were led in, Cannoli followed Rose to Azure, and Saber stayed with Diamond Ace. Saber normally would have politely declined an offer of food so as to not take advantage of Azure's family's hospitality, but her lunch had in fact been interrupted by this.

"Uh...Yeah," Saber nodded her head. "A daisy sandwich sounds nice, thank you."

Meanwhile, Cannoli nervously entered the room while Azure screamed in pain. He felt really, really bad about this. He had seriously screwed everything up. It was hard for him to look at all the nasty blood and fluids that were leaking out of Azure at the moment, but he mustered up the courage to say hello to her.

"H-hi...." Cannoli stammered. "I'msosorry"" That was all he really managed to say before Rose told him to go to Diamond Ace and help him get the towels. Cannoli smiled awkwardly before backing away and trotting to Ace.

"Rose needs towels, Mr. Ace. One wet, one dry."

PM
shinska
 Posted: May 11 2014, 04:48 PM

Advanced Member

Diamond Ace had just finished getting Saber something to eat when Cannoli came out with Rose's request. He used his magic to pull two towels out. He ran run under the water and squeezed it to get the excess water out. He turned to and followed Cannoli into the room. Rose smiled in thanks and then asked Cannoli to return to comforting Azure.

The mare gave a pained grimacing smile to Cannoli, "What are you sorry for? Don't feel sorry."

Her hoof gently took his. Another wave of pain hit and Azure buried her face again to stifle the scream. Diamond Ace returned to Saber.

"I'm sorry to have taken you away from anything important, Saber. I figured you would want to be here when your great niece or nephew was born."

The stallion sat down and waited. To pass the time he decided to tell a story.

"Rose and I actually had another child. Azure was a twin. We never told her that her brother.... he died from complications of respiratory infection. We never told Azure about it though she always seemed more quiet and reserved after her brother's passing, almost as if she knew he was gone."

Diamond Ace smiled softly, "When Rose went through what Azure is going through she said so many things I didn't know she knew."

He paused to get himself something to eat as well before returning to Saber's side. "Despite our sorrow over Piccolo's death, we knew that we couldn't abandon Azure."

He looked at Saber, "With each passing day our love grew stronger and we were quickly pulled out of the depression we had entered over our son's death. To this day Rose and I try not to mention Azure's brother if we can avoid it."

In the room, Rose smiled softly. "I can see the hooves. Not long now."

Azure | Unicorn | Mare
PM
JM95
 Posted: May 14 2014, 05:32 PM

Advanced Member

Saber sat and blinked at Ace when he told his story about Azure's brother, feeling just a tiny bit awkward. Her brother Comet, Cannoli's father, died when Cannoli was just a yearling due to flying in particularly dangerous skies. There was a thunderstorm, and lightning dropped him right out of the sky. While Saber did feel that maybe talking with Azure about this sometime would help the two of them bond, she would not talk to Azure about something like that unless it was brought up in conversation with her.

Saber nodded. "My brother, Cannoli's father, passed away when Cannoli was just a baby..." She paused, as if it was hard to continue. "...I can be somepony for her to talk to about something like that if she needs one."

Meanwhile, Cannoli let Azure take his hoof. He had no idea what he was doing right now, but the hooves being out sounded good! "Hear that, Azure? The hooves are coming out! You only have the...Head...And the rest of the body to go!" Cannoli smiled awkwardly. He hadn't made this much better for Azure at all.

PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll