Announcements
Start | Stop

Welcome to a world where love and friendship create the strongest of spells, and where an adventure can be found beyond every twist and turn. A world where all kinds of creatures find themselves in situations of a positively ludicrous nature, day after day, even! In such a world, where "normal" is relative, and mundane is anything but; what sort of journey will you find yourself on today?

• • •

Starting on the In-character date of Mid-June 2019, Journeys Across Equestria's first "Post Reboot" Story Arc will begin. When the latest Lunar Eclipse refuses to pass, Luna and Celestia find themselves cut off from the Moon and Realm of Dreams! Meanwhile, children everywhere are suddenly and inexplicably falling into a deep magical slumber, where they are tormented by terrible nightmares! Who, or what could possibly be responsible?!

To learn more about this upcoming event, please visit the Blood Moon Information and General Discussion thread in the Inn. If you want one or more of your characters to participate in this event, let us know here! The cutoff date for players who wish to participate in this event is May 11th, 2014.

• • •

In order to lessen spam and messages from bots, users are required to register a username for, and log into the Cbox in order to use it.

We are currently accepting Canon Character applications! A list of available characters can be found here, the thread to "claim" a character can be found here, and the audition thread itself can be found here.

Congratulations to JM95 for winning the role of Spike the Dragon, although this turn of events also means that he has voluntarily given up the role of Cheese Sandwich, putting him up for grabs along with all of the other available Canon Character roles.

As a reminder, if there are at least TWO auditions for the same character, a poll will be held within three days of the last audition made for that character. Additional auditions will be accepted at that time, but the deadline will not be extended. In three days after the poll has been started, the votes will be counted, and the winner will be announced, as with the old method.

To those of you that play Canon Characters: It is encouraged that you play your Canon Characters as often as you can, within reason. The JAE staff realizes that it can be more difficult to play certain characters in a day to day situation than others, (Such as one of the Princesses, in comparison to say... Pinkie Pie.) so in some cases, leniency is exercised. Still, it never hurts to make a thread that involves a character, that for once, doesn't involve the fate of Equestria hanging in the balance.

Journeys Across Equestria is a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Roleplay Forum set five years after the show. A 100 word count minimum for posts is enforced for all In-Character posts.

Our TVTropes Page: LINK

Date: June 2019 A.D (After Discord)
Current Events: Blood Moon
Description: When the Sisters are cut off from the Moon and the Realm of Dreams, a dark presence makes itself known in Equstria as children everywhere fall into a magically-induced slumber, plagued by terrible nightmares!
This site appears best in Chrome, Firefox and Opera browsers.

Our Affiliates
Equestrian LegendsWars of Equestria
The Fun Has Been Doubled!
Our Banner
Journeys Across Equestria: What stories will you discover on your travels?

Pages: (5) 1 2 3 4 5  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

Wake The White Queen., Open, April 16th
Tsukiko
 Posted: May 6 2014, 03:51 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 26

"I can't do much in this form. Only teleport once a day at most. Perhaps..."

Utopia looked around for anything she could use... There was this air freshner spray, not so far, on a counter. "If we just had a lighter, we could put that spray to use. It would be crispy butwould leave a nice fragrance of spring flowers in full bloom. ... Please tell me I didn't try to make a joke and it turned really bad."

She facehoofed briefly and flung the spray can toward herself in a single magic pull burst, for she had to keep her energy in check.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Moon Shard // Werewolf Pegasus // Colt
Sun Shard // Half-Vampony Unicorn // Filly
Utopia "Dream Reaper" // Unicorn // Mare
Kagerou // Eastern Dragon // Male
Xiaomai // Earth Qilin // Buck
Kingin // Unicorn // Stallion
Extra Data
Haretake - Kogane's bamboo sprout, planted in the garden behind her room, given by Dandelion. She personally cares of him at all times.
Kon-Kon - A Take Gitsune (Bamboo Fox). A small fox-like creature made of aged bamboo stalks, bulbs, brown-red bamboo leaves and with a pair of faintly glowing green for eyes, most likely a cub. After sneaking into Purple Cloud's saddlebag while she was in Mane-ji and causing her some trouble, he has now become Purple Cloud's pet, and has a thing for drinking her tea or eating fruits. All he says is what sounds like a "Kon!".
PM
Tuxedo Thunder
 Posted: May 6 2014, 04:02 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Admins
Member No.: 5

Frozen looked at Legacy with a look of 'Are you bucking serious?' while getting up, before addressing the situation. A giant icy reindeer asshole was freezing the town solid with magical ice. Great.

"Heh, Jack Frost you say? That's quite the name for a dumbass reindeer who thinks they can freeze over my town." Frozen stood tall, digging into the ice a bit more than before, being especially careful to not slip.

"Whatever you thought you could do today, you damned reindeer, you thought wrong. This town is under the protection of Frozen Mists and the Dragonblood Gang, not the likes of some asshole like yourself.

PM
Yewknighted
 Posted: May 6 2014, 11:41 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 27

All the sudden lasers shot out of a hapless NPC pony's eyes and fired at the giant reindeer. It blew a hole through his icy figure, which he looked at briefly as the ice reformed into solidness. "Can your precious dragon bloods do that?" Asked the reindeer, then stomping his hoof on the ground and freezing the pony solid.

Legacy had finally managed to get herself free of the snowball when she saw him freeze a pony solid. She gulped a little, looking towards her saddle bag which she had left by the table. She wished she could turn into an earth dracony without hurting the goals. Some fire could really come in handy right now. The ponies of Ponyville would probably even be okay with it, it giving her the ability to help out and all.

What was this tingling? It felt like... Legacy looked down at her hooves, at which poking she screamed like a little filly. They were claws. She was a dracony.

It wasn't that she wasn't thrilled - she was just shocked as all hell. And kinda nervous that ponies would out her. Granted, they looked more concerned about the reindeer than the new dracony in their midst.

~~~~~
Lovecraft wasn't particularly useless. She did have her tactile illusions to help out. But her breath weapon... She couldn't remember what it was for some reason... What was it? And why didn't she remember? She had this weird feeling... Lovecraft tired to breath out her breath weapon and got nothing. Then flapped her wings and felt no breeze from them. Huh... "I got nothing. I don't... Get it."

PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: May 6 2014, 11:52 PM

Advanced Member

Stopping the spray inches from her horn, Utopia whistled in relief. But hearing Lovecraft's situation made her ponder on the cause. "Maybe you are like an illusion? If so, you did much better than the one who impersonated you before. I mean: My memory of you, due to how it was locked away, made it a huge pain for me to try to remember you from any other source... Basically, Illusion or not, you are as real for me as you always were. That is why seeing you broke the blockade within me and set me at peace. ... If you leave me once again, it'll hurt... But I won't be in as much danger of withering like when I was a changeling..."

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Extra Data
Haretake - Kogane's bamboo sprout, planted in the garden behind her room, given by Dandelion. She personally cares of him at all times.
Kon-Kon - A Take Gitsune (Bamboo Fox). A small fox-like creature made of aged bamboo stalks, bulbs, brown-red bamboo leaves and with a pair of faintly glowing green for eyes, most likely a cub. After sneaking into Purple Cloud's saddlebag while she was in Mane-ji and causing her some trouble, he has now become Purple Cloud's pet, and has a thing for drinking her tea or eating fruits. All he says is what sounds like a "Kon!".
PM
Tuxedo Thunder
 Posted: May 7 2014, 02:43 PM

Advanced Member

"Okay, maybe we can't do that. Maybe we can't do a lot of crap. But perhaps we don't need that. We have kept back forces with more bad-ass names and agendas than you, can't be too hard to kick your icy cold ass." Frozen put up a ruse of false superiority. Not like he could intimidate an ethereal ice beast or anything...

"How about this, mister high and mighty ice monster. You, me. no tricks, no magical game breaking, just you and me. What do you say to that, Jack? If your as strong as you say, it'll be a walk through a winter wonderland for you, unless your worried this little Kirin could kick your ass." Frozen wore a confident smirk, but knew he might be only buying time.

PM
Yewknighted
 Posted: May 8 2014, 01:09 AM

Advanced Member

"I won't leave you again. I won't!" Said Lovecraft. A promise that she could not keep... Not even if she wished for it. "How can I be an illusion?" ... She sure wished she had a lighter for Utopia's idea. Suddenly a lighter appeared in her hoof. She stared at it, confused.

Legacy took a little step back as Frozen challenged the massive reindeer to a duel. He had improved in his fighting since they met, so maybe he could win against this winter sprite… But she would step in the moment things got harry. Frozen was her best friend. She would not let him get killed.

"You're an idiot. But I will face you one on one." Jack Frost did not stand for people looking down on him. He would beat this kirin handily. Of course. That did not mean playing fair. Jack Frost did not play fair. That was part of what made him so awesome. He was a game breaker. With that he willed the blood in Frozen's body to freeze, grinning maniacally.

PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: May 8 2014, 01:26 AM

Advanced Member

"I don't know... Because suddenly things got chaotic and my heart's greatest desire just appeared to me? And then this lighter that I found nowhere. Now excuse me~"

With both the lighter and air freshner spray, she improvised a flamethrower, by igniting the sprayed gas several inches ahead of the spray, using that to melt away the ice to create a path to safety for themselves.

"I would make a joke about ice once again, but my nose is twitchy... And sneezing right now would not be a good idea... I don't want to be burned... Speaking of burns..."

Utopia's eyes went to Legacy as she then asked "Do you need some fancy toys for self defense? I'm almost done with mine here.", lifting the lighter and spray.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Extra Data
PM
Tuxedo Thunder
 Posted: May 8 2014, 03:10 PM

Advanced Member

Jack had willed that the blood in Frozen's body freeze solid, but it didn't exactly happen. Frozen had wished, per say, that the fight would be fair. Perhaps luck was on his side today, but when was it? This was the second time today, and it wasn't the most bizarre thing that had happened today.

Frozen felt a small chill, but nothing more.

"Was that my cue? Send a chill down my spine? What kind of ice spirit are you?" It was pathetic, Frozen thought.

With a simple thought, he charged at him.

PM
Yewknighted
 Posted: May 8 2014, 11:34 PM

Advanced Member

His wish, unfortunately, was not so easily granted. The reason? Legacy had wished for a chance to prove herself a hero in the eyes of Ponyville. So the wish had summoned something for her to fight. For her to win against. It couldn't very well let Frozen win. So while things might seem fairer… In all actuality they weren't.

The reindeer laughed at seeing the little kirin charge at him, and charged right back, massive antlers ready to hit the kirin and fling him away.

"What do you mean toys?" Asked Lovecraft, looking around for anything else around. "Where are we supposed to get that stuff?"

PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: May 9 2014, 07:41 AM

Advanced Member

"I mean this.", Utopia lifted the lighter and spray, turning her attention to Lovecraft for that brief moment, before calling out for Legacy. "Legacy! Use these! I'm done making a path for us out of here!", and thus flinging the spray can and lighter (of course, not lit) to Legacy.

"I bet she knows well how to use it...", she once again focused on Lovecraft, "So, our children are faring well in the hooves of my husband. It is sad I can't take you to our world so we could see them, but... I guess we have to go on."

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Extra Data
PM
Tuxedo Thunder
 Posted: May 9 2014, 12:42 PM

Advanced Member

With little effort, Frozen was tossed from the fight, into a wall behind him. There was no chance that he could do anything to Jack at this point. He had broken something, but was in too much pain to really determine where. All he knew was that he was not much more than a broken kirin now.

"Fine Jack, you win. I'm beaten, battered and broken. Hell, I can't even feel my one leg. That was quite the throw, by the way. Maybe I'll graft some antlers onto my head one day... Probably yours." That was his cue for Legacy. Either that or the flailing and motioning from her to Jack...

PM
Yewknighted
 Posted: May 10 2014, 12:37 AM

Advanced Member

Lovecraft sure hoped that they would be okay on their own… Either way, she couldn't help here, so while she did walk away, she looked over her shoulder to see how things were going.

~~~~~~~~~

Legacy was so focused on the fight that the can clonked her on the head. She didn't fall over of course, she was just startled. She looked down at it and just barely managed to catch the lighter. "Thank you. Though I do believe I'll be fine with my own." She was currently an earth kirin, after all. And considering that reindeer had just hurt her best friend… It was in considerable trouble.

Jack Frost cast a look towards Legacy and grinned. "Hit me with your best shot." HE sneered arrogantly, having no godly idea that an earth kirin could produce just what Legacy could produce. For you see… Legacy's breath weapon wasn't just any plain fire breath. Fire he would struggle against, but he could recover from. But things were very different for the winter sprite. Very different. Especially when it came to the Fire of Friendship. Which was exactly what Legacy's breath weapon was.

Legacy blasted the reindeer with a generous dousing of it. And while the ice sprite reindeer did dodge it… It wasn't quite enough. The flame formed into a heart and started pulling the Ice sprite towards it. Once engulfed the reindeer vanished and the heart remained.

Legacy blinked a few times, shocked that he had vanished so quickly. It was kinda like he was some sort of windigo… Perhaps The Fire of Friendship had the same effect on wrathful winter sprites as it did on winter spirits. Who knew? She certainly didn't.

PM
Tuxedo Thunder
 Posted: May 10 2014, 10:31 AM

Advanced Member

Frozen coughed a bit, seeing the spectacle before him with happiness.

"Heh, good... job, Legacy. That bastard had it coming too. You're lucky that some bucking weird things are going on, or we'd probably be frozen over now." He tried to laugh, but it hurt. Ribs, probably.

"Now that this is over I should probably go to the hospital or something..." Frozen finally felt the pain. Left leg, back. Luckily nothing was sticking out, internal fracture. He didn't want Legacy to see him like this, broken and down, but there was no way around it now.

"Normally, I'd..." He coughed again. "I'd go to The Surgeon, but this is a bit more serious than an eye replacement, this is at least one or two major fractures. I need real medical care this time."

PM
Yewknighted
 Posted: May 10 2014, 01:22 PM

Advanced Member

Legacy looked around for a moment, then blew a little heart of fire towards the pony who had been frozen. This had been… Strangely convenient. That her fire had been just the perfect thing to beat the winter sprite. Quite odd. She then went to help Frozen out and down from where he had been thrown. "This is gonna hurt a bit." Said Legacy as she helped pull him down. "I wish I had wheel barrow or something. It'd make it a lot easier to carry you." Suddenly a wheel barrow appeared, Frozen inside it. Legacy blinked in surprise.

PM
Tuxedo Thunder
 Posted: May 11 2014, 06:03 PM

Advanced Member

Frozen was on the ground, then in a wheel barrel. Surprisingly enough it was not terribly disorienting, despite the sudden change.

"This might be a good thing, I guess. Just don't wish about anything bad or dangerous or world killing, okay?" This explained the door, there was no way it would've crashed open like that without wishing magic. Same thing with this damned wheel barrel. At least no one was wishing bad stuff... Except for Jack. Jack was a very very bad wish.

"Now that we know how this all started, how do you figure Jack was wished up? He was quite a nasty one, but your friend fire put an end to that, it did..."

PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (5) 1 2 3 4 5  Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll