Announcements
Start | Stop

Welcome to a world where love and friendship create the strongest of spells, and where an adventure can be found beyond every twist and turn. A world where all kinds of creatures find themselves in situations of a positively ludicrous nature, day after day, even! In such a world, where "normal" is relative, and mundane is anything but; what sort of journey will you find yourself on today?

• • •

Starting on the In-character date of Mid-June 2019, Journeys Across Equestria's first "Post Reboot" Story Arc will begin. When the latest Lunar Eclipse refuses to pass, Luna and Celestia find themselves cut off from the Moon and Realm of Dreams! Meanwhile, children everywhere are suddenly and inexplicably falling into a deep magical slumber, where they are tormented by terrible nightmares! Who, or what could possibly be responsible?!

To learn more about this upcoming event, please visit the Blood Moon Information and General Discussion thread in the Inn. If you want one or more of your characters to participate in this event, let us know here! The cutoff date for players who wish to participate in this event is May 11th, 2014.

• • •

In order to lessen spam and messages from bots, users are required to register a username for, and log into the Cbox in order to use it.

We are currently accepting Canon Character applications! A list of available characters can be found here, the thread to "claim" a character can be found here, and the audition thread itself can be found here.

Congratulations to JM95 for winning the role of Spike the Dragon, although this turn of events also means that he has voluntarily given up the role of Cheese Sandwich, putting him up for grabs along with all of the other available Canon Character roles.

As a reminder, if there are at least TWO auditions for the same character, a poll will be held within three days of the last audition made for that character. Additional auditions will be accepted at that time, but the deadline will not be extended. In three days after the poll has been started, the votes will be counted, and the winner will be announced, as with the old method.

To those of you that play Canon Characters: It is encouraged that you play your Canon Characters as often as you can, within reason. The JAE staff realizes that it can be more difficult to play certain characters in a day to day situation than others, (Such as one of the Princesses, in comparison to say... Pinkie Pie.) so in some cases, leniency is exercised. Still, it never hurts to make a thread that involves a character, that for once, doesn't involve the fate of Equestria hanging in the balance.

Journeys Across Equestria is a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Roleplay Forum set five years after the show. A 100 word count minimum for posts is enforced for all In-Character posts.

Our TVTropes Page: LINK

Date: June 2019 A.D (After Discord)
Current Events: Blood Moon
Description: When the Sisters are cut off from the Moon and the Realm of Dreams, a dark presence makes itself known in Equstria as children everywhere fall into a magically-induced slumber, plagued by terrible nightmares!
This site appears best in Chrome, Firefox and Opera browsers.

Our Affiliates
Equestrian LegendsWars of Equestria
The Fun Has Been Doubled!
Our Banner
Journeys Across Equestria: What stories will you discover on your travels?

Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

Attack Tic(semi-open), May 25th
Yewknighted
 Posted: Apr 19 2014, 11:39 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 27

"I... Almost. Died." She was reeling right now. She was beginning to suspect by his question that he some how already knew that she was pregnant. But his response to her apology. "I forgave you for not being there in the situation where I would have been killed if Frozen and some complete random stranger hadn't saved me first. I almost died. I realize you're an immortal, but have you not even the smallest bit of ability to comprehend what that's like?!" Legacy stomped her hoof on the ground in frustration.

That dead pan expression was driving her up the wall. It was like he didn't even care that she had almost died. That he only cared about his own feelings. When. She. Had. Almost. DIED.

PM
Yewknighted
 Posted: May 11 2014, 08:17 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 27

The following RP was done in skype, and will be posted here as it progresses.

Brann
/me's deadpan face remaind such as she went along with her rant, until she had told him that he had no idea what it was like to almost die. His deadpan face quickly turned to a face of fire, and the tempurature in the room grew rapidly. "I don't know what it's like to almost die? How it feels? Simply because people think that I am immortal? NEWS FLASH! I can die just as effectivly as you can! A sword through the chest or an arrow in the eye will kill me just like it would kill you! I have almost died SEVERAL times, and yet I always come out alive. Not because I am a pheonix, but because I had the right to medical attention as a Noble" He snarled.

Twist continued to glare at her. "Yes... You did apologize because I was not there when you almost died, but that is not what I am looking for. Over thousands of years, an apology is never enough. People say they are sorry all the time! You come to me and apologize the same day as if it would all be over. I would forget the words that you had said, and the feeling I felt as they cut me like a knife cuts flesh. You met me with anger not once, not twice, but now three times. Not thinking about what I felt, and how I still feel. As if my heart was torn out and stepped on. That... Is how I feel Legacy... Now tell me what you would like to help with that child you now have... I can give you as much money as you need to make sure it has a decent life" He growled, glaring at the mare.

Legacy
Legacy leapt back in fright in feeling the temperature in the room rise and the expression on his face, her saddle bag falling off and open as it clattered to the floor from her sudden movement, some items within falling out.

She knew it wasn't safe for the foal. But in the face of such rage, it looked like he actually factually would kill her. And then neither her nor her foal would be alive. And she wasn't willing to die again. Never again. Legacy stomped on one of the transpecies pins that had fallen out. Within seconds the transformation was made, turning her into a full blown earth dracony. Impervious to even the flame of a phenix griffon.

Legacy snarled at the griffon. She wouldn't let go. She wouldn't let him take what he had given her. She wouldn't. If looks could kill, that one would. And Legacy was afraid he would actually do it. "I forgave you for not being there when I needed you most. For not being there when it actually mattered. Why can't you forgive me for acting rashly and out of fear AFTER I GOT THROWN THROUGH A WALL?! I was frigging running on a broken leg for Celestia's sake!

As he asked the question about the foal she realized he probably wasn't going to kill her. But she wasn't sure what to say to that. She was just so seethingly mad that she was even exhaling tiny little purple embers with each breath. So she wouldn't answer it for now. She didn't even know what she would say.

Brann
Brannskada just looked at her, his anger turning back to deadpan "As I expected... Anger once again. There was nothing I could do for you... Nothing. I did nothing wrong but not be in the right place at the right time. You forgave me for something that I had no control over, but you had complete control over what you did to me. That, is why I cannot just forgive you. I cannot just give you forgivness for something you knowingly did without being shown the desire for you. All I am hearing is "Your not forgiving me for crushing you emotionally, and that is wrong cause I forgave you for something you had no control over". I did not know there was a creature galivanting around looking like me. I did not know you were in trouble. I completely understand you acted in anger, but you never showed an interest in actually wanting my forgivness. You just hoped that we could go back to how we were without your pride being scathed. You have my child, that is wonderful, but you have not shown me that you wish to be with me again. You just keep defending yourself maliciously. So I can apologize till Celestia dies in her sleep, but that would change nothing" He growled.

Legacy
"I know we'll never be back there again. I never expected us to." She had thought he would be the one who might finally melt the frozen heart that was slowly killing her. But that wasn't so. In the end it had been Frozen Mist, not Brannskada, who had been there for her. Who had taught her the magic of friendship. And Brannskada who had left her when she was bleeding and terrified. But… Nonetheless she had forgiven him for that. She could see that there was no way he could have known that she had been just attacked by a replica of him.

And knew just how it felt to act in the heat of the moment. He had done as she had done. They had both made mistakes, even if Brannskada was too infuriatingly prideful to admit that he had no fault whatsoever in it. Not even a small piece of fault. Not even .05% of fault. That sort of pride infuriated her. Particularly when he didn't even seem to care that she had almost died. He didn't care at the bar, he didn't care now. He probably never cared. He probably HAD just been using her. Just like the boggart said.

"You didn't care at the bar. You don't care now. That I almost died that day. Perhaps the boggart was right. Perhaps you DID never care and I was just a pretty little sex toy to you." She could see it in his eyes. He didn't give a damn. He really didn't. Sure he had initially, but who wouldn't be mad when they found out they couldn't play with their favorite toy any more?

Brann
Brann slammed his claw into the floor so hard the board snapped "Anyone who thinks I did not care is a fool! I did care! I have ALWAYS cared!" He practically screamed at her, actually catching fire this time. "Never once have I been so concerned or infatuated with a mare that them thinking that I myself was there attacker drove me to the point of death itself! I have NEVER given the gifts that I gave to you to ANY OTHER LIVING CREATURE! Have you even LOOKED AT WHAT MY GIFT WAS TOO YOU! DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT THAT MEANS!" He screamed at her, taking a few steps forward. "THE SHEER TIME AND DETICATION I WENT THROUGH! TO MAKE SURE YOU HAD THE PERFECT GIFT TO SHOW YOU WHAT I FELT ABOUT YOU! HOW MUCH I CARED! THE FACT THAT I STILL GAVE THEM TO YOU! NO CREATURE ON THIS EARTH HAS ANYTHING LIKE THAT!" He practically screeched, before his fire seemed to glow darkly "Those are litterally... The power of life and death... Each of those feathers are connected to my very soul... They are PIECES OF MY SOUL! Severed from the whole and given too you! ONE of those feathers could not only grant you immortality such as my own, but you now have the power to destroy me at my very being... You have NINE! A SOUL CAN ONLY BE SEVERED SO MANY TIMES! You almost died... So I gave you life... I gave you my life... The ice that held your heart would be gone with ease..." He snarled, before dropping to one knee and his flame deminishing. The wood around him was black, and his feathers looked burned as if his own fire hurt him. "So... If you think I do not care... That I do not love you with all my heart... Then you are wrong... And could have never been more wrong in your life..." He gasped, panting. He slowly got up and looked at you "So if you would be so kind... As to just leave me be... Now you understand what those quills are... Do what you will with them... Destroy me for all I care..." He said, turning around and slowly walking away

Legacy
Legacy, despite being fire-proof, couldn't help but leap high into the air in fright at seeing him burst into flames like that. Natural instinct didn't just go away because she had slapped on a transpecies pin after all.

She couldn't believe it. In all his life she had been the only one he had given quills such as that to? Why? Why her? What exactly had she done to earn that level of trust and belief? And why was he all suicidal over her of all ponies? And how could he still love her? She could see he still did. But why? How could he have loved her that much to have poured his soul into those feathers, to trust her with his very life, his very existence?

"It just made so much more sense…" Legacy muttered weakly, turning her head so that he couldn't see that she was starting to cry a little. "That you could actually love someone like me made so little sense…" She had been a creature of hate. Had mocked him the very first time they met. She had been a horrible pony. "What the boggart said… It just made more sense. Than you actually loving someone like me." She knew it sounded cheesy. But it was true.

Brann
Brann huffed "Well... I guess we learned a lesson then... Not to just follow what you think is easier to believe. To work hard to find the answers that are true from those who can give them too you" He panted, laying down arruptly. He was now very tired...

Legacy
She still didn't get it. She still didn't get it one bit. What could Brannskada possibly see in a mare like her? Legacy couldn't even fathom. But it didn't look like a question she was going to be able to answer any time soon. He looked like he was going to pass out for a few hours at the very least. Legacy wasn't sure what to do. Write a letter to Celestia? Pfftt. Yah right.

Legacy found herself frozen for a few seconds, uncertain what to do. In regards to this… She could suppose she could see why he was so little at fault for what happened. He had split his soul nine ways for her. And had given her the gift that he had so hoped would thaw her windigo spirit away. Even after she had hurt him so. Even after all that, he still cared enough to give her that. She opened one of the boxes stored in the attic and pulled out a blanket, then putting it over the phoenix griffon.

On second thought… "Ice packs would probably be better…" Legacy muttered, feeling a bit lost right now. He had just roasted himself after all… She wasn't sure really. "I still don't get it. But we can talk about it when you wake up maybe?" She asked weakly.

Brann
Twist sighed "This... Is what my soul means to me Legacy... It is where my power comes from..." He panted, closing his eyes "But it would give you your life back... The only mare who was different... The only one I could tell deserved a second chance... I don't know how I know, and I probably never will know but I know... If you want to talk more later I'm not going anywhere it seems so we can talk later..." He said weakly before closing his eyes and falling asleep. He had probably not gotten any sleep for days... Maybe even weeks by how fast he passed, but he was asleep now, and that's all that mattered.

Legacy
Once Brann fell asleep Legacy crept downstairs and made an ice back and grabbed a pillow and the box of phoenix feathers as well. Then she went back upstairs and put the pillow under Brann's head, then opened the box the phoenix feathers were held in, picking one up and stroking the lentgh of it experimentally. She couldn't help but check and see really. That they really could be pieces of his soul strained credulity. That he could and would trust her with something so precious, even after she had hurt him, didn't make any sense.

((This is totes Legacy's h1gh1y scientifick@1 experiment! Poke it with a stick!))

Brann
Brann growled as Legacy stroked the feather, but remained asleep till morning

Legacy
By the time Brannskada had woken up Legacy had not gotten any sleep at all. She had spent the whole night trying to decide what to do, and had ended up still not knowing what to do. So she decided to make breakfast. The food, since Brannskada had last been here, had improved considerably in qaulity. Thanks to her promotion. But she was pretty sure there would probably be nothing to his tastes here. And while Legacy had done some pretty bad things she didn't exactly have the know how or the guts to go out and kill a squirrel or something. A poor innocent squirrel.

She then remembered her griffon book, and what it said about their diets. There were a few things that griffons and ponies shared diet wise… She'd go with that. She poked her head up in the attic, for the twentieth time that night/morning, to see if he was awake yet.

Brann
Brannskada rolled to his side in the morning, groaning in discomfort as he did. He could see Legacy out of the corner of his eye and looked at her. "So I still live..." He groaned "But you were screwing with the feathers last night weren't you" He asked, slowly getting to his feet. He stretched out, but it did nothing to sooth his ache. "You haven't slept at all have you" He asked

Legacy
"I had to check and see if they were actually connected to your soul. If merely poking them causing you discomfort, you should count yourself lucky I didn't actually use them." They had reminded them to much of him to use them. That didn't stop her from looking at them every once in awhile of course. They were quite amazing after all. When she first opened the gift she'd kinda freaked out. You know. Because sudden fire. "And no. Haven't."

Brann
Twist nodded slowly "Well... That doesn't sound healthy" He said, turning to Legacy "But you probably had plenty of time to think. So what is your plan?" He asked. She was standing in the door so he couldn't really do anything

Legacy
Says the phenix griffon who some how made his own fire toxic to himself. Thought Legacy to herself, climbing up the ladder so that she was fully in the attic. She never thought that her attic would see this much use. Legacy scuffed a hoof on the ground, then looked up at Brannskada. She hadn't really come up with a plan. She had honestly been trying figure out why things were like this. How they could be like this. Trying to interoperate his last words as he fell asleep. Why was she the only one who supposedly deserved a second chance? The only one?

Why had he entrusted her with those feathers even AFTER she had broken his heart? She was just so confounded. "Didn't really manage a plan. Too busy trying to make sense of the nonsensical." She had somewhat of a plan to try and talk to him when he woke up, but she hadn't thought of that plan after he had fallen asleep.

Brann
Twist nodded "So, your not going to say anything? Ask anything? I recall you wanting to talk" He said simply, watching her fully walk into the attic. "Or has all that left your mind?" He asked

Legacy
"Oh no no no." Siad Legacy with an almost sad shake of her head. "No, none of that has left my mind." It had only grown over night. Her curiosity, her uncertainty. And just a touch of disbelief that this could all be true. She'd tried waking herself up last night by dumping a pitcher of orange juice over her head. She'd cleaned and herself up, but she still smelled faintly of citrus. "Like I said last night. I just don't get it. Why me? Of all the pon- I mean people in your life- why am I supposedly the only one? I don't get it."

The only one to deserve a second chance. the only one to receive such a gift as his very soul itself. She simply didn't get it.

Brann
Brannskada blinked and smiled "I don't know Legacy, no one actually knows. Or better to put it, I don't know HOW I know. I just do. It's like how you know how to breath. Or how you know how to talk. Or how you know to blink when something comes towards your eyes. It's not a consious knowledge, more so a subconsious knowledge. That's really all I can give you" He said with a shrug

Legacy
That answer. That answer. She did not like that answer. It didn't answer anything at all. He had split his soul into pieces for her. And all he could say was that he didn't know? Thousands of years of life of never doing something like this(allegedly) and here he was doing it for her? And all he could answer was that he just didn't quite know? Legacy put a hoof to her temple, letting out a frustrated breath of air.

Brann
Brannskada rolled his eyes. "Yes, it's an answer worth the same as a wooden bit, but it's the only one I can give you. It's not like any cognative thought went into it. I met you, and you were a bitch, but something about you just clicked. What were the chances of you finding me in the forest? The Chances of you coming back to life as a Wendigo? By allrights, you should be a freezer burnt pile of mush in the ground somewhere, but not only did you come back as a wendigo, but you ran into me. You clicked, and here we are now. With you pregnant, and in the posetion of 9 seperate parts of my very being

Legacy
Legacy glanced at her cutiemark for a moment. Cutiemarks were one's destiny. She had only mildly entertained the concept that even if she hadn't run into him she would have found a way to be reborn. Legacy knew she had been entertaining the idea of making some sort of deal with Discord- if she recalled correctly she almost did, at Canterlot. How much they had been through, it was amazing really. Most ponies never went through an adventure like that in their entire lifetime. But she wasn't exactly like most ponies.

With a cutiemark like hers, she was bound to have a few insane dramatic things happen to her. Like rising from the bucking dead! Even so that did somewhat strain credulity. "That is weird." Legacy muttered in agreement to what he had just said.

Brann
Brannskada nodded "It is, but it is all I can offer. You can do what you willl with it, but that is what I can give you" He said simply looking at her. Slowly he started to sniff at the air, before he smiled. "Something is burning down stairs by the way" He said slyly

Legacy
Legacy's expression went flatter than a ginger ale left out for hours as he said that and smiled about it. Then she left the attic in a hurry to try and see if that particular part of the meal was repairable.

She eyed it thoughtfully, then got a spoon and placed the parts of the food that weren't burned on the plates. Only the food touching the sides of the pan had been burnt, it did leave some amount for them to eat. She then grabbed the other thing of the meal that hadn't required cooking. Legacy managed to balance one on her head and hold the other in her mouth. Uncertain of her ability to maintain this at the point where she got to the ladder, however, she paused. Then reckoned he probably still was hurting from last night. So she'd have to make this work.

She brought one up at a time, keeping the one she'd been holding in her mouth down on the floor before coming back for it about ten seconds later. After that whole fiasco was over with Legacy pushed his plate toward him. Might as well feed him. he was in her house after all. And all… Yah.

Brann
[/color]

Legacy

Brann

Legacy

Brann

Legacy

Brann

Legacy

Brann

Legacy
[color=green]

PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll