Announcements
Start | Stop

Welcome to a world where love and friendship create the strongest of spells, and where an adventure can be found beyond every twist and turn. A world where all kinds of creatures find themselves in situations of a positively ludicrous nature, day after day, even! In such a world, where "normal" is relative, and mundane is anything but; what sort of journey will you find yourself on today?

• • •

Starting on the In-character date of Mid-June 2019, Journeys Across Equestria's first "Post Reboot" Story Arc will begin. When the latest Lunar Eclipse refuses to pass, Luna and Celestia find themselves cut off from the Moon and Realm of Dreams! Meanwhile, children everywhere are suddenly and inexplicably falling into a deep magical slumber, where they are tormented by terrible nightmares! Who, or what could possibly be responsible?!

To learn more about this upcoming event, please visit the Blood Moon Information and General Discussion thread in the Inn. If you want one or more of your characters to participate in this event, let us know here! The cutoff date for players who wish to participate in this event is May 11th, 2014.

• • •

In order to lessen spam and messages from bots, users are required to register a username for, and log into the Cbox in order to use it.

We are currently accepting Canon Character applications! A list of available characters can be found here, the thread to "claim" a character can be found here, and the audition thread itself can be found here.

Congratulations to JM95 for winning the role of Spike the Dragon, although this turn of events also means that he has voluntarily given up the role of Cheese Sandwich, putting him up for grabs along with all of the other available Canon Character roles.

As a reminder, if there are at least TWO auditions for the same character, a poll will be held within three days of the last audition made for that character. Additional auditions will be accepted at that time, but the deadline will not be extended. In three days after the poll has been started, the votes will be counted, and the winner will be announced, as with the old method.

To those of you that play Canon Characters: It is encouraged that you play your Canon Characters as often as you can, within reason. The JAE staff realizes that it can be more difficult to play certain characters in a day to day situation than others, (Such as one of the Princesses, in comparison to say... Pinkie Pie.) so in some cases, leniency is exercised. Still, it never hurts to make a thread that involves a character, that for once, doesn't involve the fate of Equestria hanging in the balance.

Journeys Across Equestria is a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Roleplay Forum set five years after the show. A 100 word count minimum for posts is enforced for all In-Character posts.

Our TVTropes Page: LINK

Date: June 2019 A.D (After Discord)
Current Events: Blood Moon
Description: When the Sisters are cut off from the Moon and the Realm of Dreams, a dark presence makes itself known in Equstria as children everywhere fall into a magically-induced slumber, plagued by terrible nightmares!
This site appears best in Chrome, Firefox and Opera browsers.

Our Affiliates
Equestrian LegendsWars of Equestria
The Fun Has Been Doubled!
Our Banner
Journeys Across Equestria: What stories will you discover on your travels?

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

The Death Of Music, {Tsu}
Doctor Whooves
 Posted: May 18 2014, 06:58 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Canon Characters
Member No.: 65

user posted image

Things were different. The Doctor adjusted his cuffs, as he spun a screen around. He was... alone. Had been for awhile. That wasn't good. The last place he had been, he'd almost let those ponies die just out of spite. It was becoming harder. Harder to see morality.

Manehattan. That was a place to go. It was the place he had originally sprang from. In this form. His previous form had found Ponyville. It was... harder to go there now. Especially after Sapphire and Derpy. He'd rather avoid it, if he could. It was for the best.

The Doctor pulled on his jacket, placed his screwdriver into a pocket, and exited the TARDIS. Now, to find something to entertain himself with....

user posted image
PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: May 18 2014, 07:18 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 26

Some classic music was coming from somewhere... Wouldn't take much for one to find this shop, several painting on display, many originals of the owner of the shop, but there was also a replica of a famous painting in a smaller scale, as well as the original of another famous painting could be seen through the glass panel, hanging on the wall of the shop.

The inside of the shot had pictures everywhere, most of them framed already, and the owner was working on a new piece, painting a small scale figurine of Princess Luna on a rather large canvas, his golden-silver magic carefully moving the brush. This golden-silver magic came from an equally golden-silver unicorn, the shop's owner, Kingin.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Moon Shard // Werewolf Pegasus // Colt
Sun Shard // Half-Vampony Unicorn // Filly
Utopia "Dream Reaper" // Unicorn // Mare
Kagerou // Eastern Dragon // Male
Xiaomai // Earth Qilin // Buck
Kingin // Unicorn // Stallion
Extra Data
Haretake - Kogane's bamboo sprout, planted in the garden behind her room, given by Dandelion. She personally cares of him at all times.
Kon-Kon - A Take Gitsune (Bamboo Fox). A small fox-like creature made of aged bamboo stalks, bulbs, brown-red bamboo leaves and with a pair of faintly glowing green for eyes, most likely a cub. After sneaking into Purple Cloud's saddlebag while she was in Mane-ji and causing her some trouble, he has now become Purple Cloud's pet, and has a thing for drinking her tea or eating fruits. All he says is what sounds like a "Kon!".
PM
Doctor Whooves
 Posted: May 19 2014, 05:02 AM

Advanced Member

The sounds of music echoed through the streets. It beckoned to him, in a strange way. He followed the melody, and entered a store. The paintings that hung across the walls were... exquisite. With the care taken in each portrait, he resorted it was a unicorn. His eyes strayed from piece to piece, until laying on the artist. That... That couldn't be. Could it be him?

The Doctor wandered over, taking care not to distract the artist from his work, but to at least allow the stallion to acknowledge his presence. Kingin... "You've been busy." He took care not to look directly at him. He occupied his eyesight with the vibrant colors of the artwork in front of him. "I must say, I did not expect this of you. Perhaps something else... Do not take my surprise as something unpleasant. It is a welcome surprise." The Doctor finally let his golden eyes rest upon Kingin.

user posted image
PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: May 19 2014, 01:22 PM

Advanced Member

At the moment the doctor spoke to him, his brush slipped a bit, creating a streak from the horn. "Uh... Oops! Nothing I cannot work with, though... Just... Turn this into the magic aura around her horn and here we go...", and thus he made the correction for his mistake in Bob Ross style, making it a "fortunate accident".

Afterwards he rested the brush so he could talk with his guess, turning on his chair to face him. "Oh, hello... I don't believe we have met, but I suppose you have met someone like me. My name is Kingin, artistic genius, also known to some as artistic copy machine."

Should the Doctor attempt to analyze him... It would reveal he was normal, save for some exposure to manejinese magic, but nothing endangering.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Extra Data
Haretake - Kogane's bamboo sprout, planted in the garden behind her room, given by Dandelion. She personally cares of him at all times.
Kon-Kon - A Take Gitsune (Bamboo Fox). A small fox-like creature made of aged bamboo stalks, bulbs, brown-red bamboo leaves and with a pair of faintly glowing green for eyes, most likely a cub. After sneaking into Purple Cloud's saddlebag while she was in Mane-ji and causing her some trouble, he has now become Purple Cloud's pet, and has a thing for drinking her tea or eating fruits. All he says is what sounds like a "Kon!".
PM
Doctor Whooves
 Posted: May 21 2014, 04:51 AM

Advanced Member

Hm... How interesting. Either this was an exact copy of the golem he had known, or... Something interesting. Had he lost his memory? It was something the Doctor might be able to help with, but, looking around, he was unsure if he wanted to help.

His mind strayed to the key that he'd given Kingin. Would he still have it? Would he have thrown it away years ago? Impossible to tell from a glance. Proceed with tact and caution. "I apologize. I thought you were somepony else. My name is Clockwork, though some refer to me as my title, Doctor." The Doctor took a glance over Kingin's current work, faking simple curiosity of the paintings.

user posted image
PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: May 21 2014, 10:13 AM

Advanced Member

"Then I'm certain... You have met my Doppelganger...", Kingin looked thoughtfully to the back room door, which was where he had a single photo someone snapped of "him" meeting with some entity in the shadows of a tree. Someone else seen his Doppelganger and he still knows nothing of that one...

But, oh well, back to painting. "Nice to meet you, Doctor Clockwork. If you have a request or interest in one of those paintings, let me know.", he made the statement as simple and clear as it sounded.

The variation of pictures was pretty impressive, various sizes and themes, some were even in Manejinese woodblock style, and there was a rather interesting one of a changeling queen flying through the sky with several pegasi foals following her, and they seemed to be having a good time. There was a tag underneath it: "Queen Utopia"

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Extra Data
PM
Doctor Whooves
 Posted: May 22 2014, 04:55 AM

Advanced Member

The Doctor thoughtfully looked Kingin over, before preoccupying himself with the paintings. Surely it wasn't coincidence that they'd met once again. The Doctor knew that the universe worked in strange ways. Perhaps it was trying to tell him something about Kingin. Perhaps it had something to do with his apparent amnesia.

The mention of a doppelganger hadn't sparked any attention, so he was looking over the painting of Queen Utopia. He was quite skilled. And the way the music contributed to the... Music? Music... It was becoming ever present. The Doctor remembered hearing it whenever he had exited the TARDIS, but the strange thing was that he could still hear it. Perfectly. It was a light, classical tune. A piano, a few violins, and... a voice. "Do you hear that?"

user posted image
PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: May 22 2014, 11:48 AM

Advanced Member

"This classic music? Yes, I like playing it when working on my pieces. Helps me focus and keeps me calm. But is odd.. I don't recall anyone SINGING in this disc... It could be from a nearby appartment or from another store nearby.", Kingin began adding details to the mane of Luna in the painting.

"Okay, now I need to wait this layer to dry before I go into smaller details.", the unicorn stood up, resting the pallete and brush on a small table close to the canvas, before then heading to the back room and then soon came back, with the photo of his doppelganger, as well as two glasses of water and a water bottle.

"Here, Doctor. This is the one you must have been talking about. He calls himself Kingin too and this shade under the tree... I don't know who is. Has been snapped this week. Want a water?", and then he levitated both photo and a glass of water in front of the Doctor.

There was no doubt... Both this and that Kingin looked exactly the same, but analyzing them would prove they could not possibly be one and same. And the shadow in the photo... It had to be Inari, due to his body structure.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Extra Data
PM
Doctor Whooves
 Posted: May 28 2014, 05:10 AM

Advanced Member

The Doctor stuck on the singing. Of course, his mind flew to a million foreign possibilities. Especially since he had heard it at the same volume for quite a while. That didn't mean it wasn't just a coincidence. But, with the way the past 1400 years had gone by, he was perfectly justified in his suspicion. He'd be sure to keep an ear open for a change in volume.

A picture? The Doctor took the picture and the glass into his own magical grasp. There he was. Kingin... The one he'd given his TARDIS key. The one who had helped him remember who he was. Inari. It was his previous master. It looked as if Inari was keeping tabs on Kingin... Unless... The Doctor looked back up at Kingin. Was it possible that these two were one and the same? It was possible. He'd seen Inari's magic, on a few occasions, and he had no idea what he was capable of. And with his own knowledge of time travel, it was incredibly possible that these two were the same Kingin. "I see... Oh, thank you. What do you know of him?"

user posted image
PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: May 28 2014, 08:20 AM

Advanced Member

"All I know is that this stallion claims to be me and works in a library. I have gone there to see him and saw him cutting a corner and disappearing there, in an empty hallway.", Kingin was sure of what he had seen and heard, but then he was reminded of something...

"Unlike my tail, his seems to be split into nine, which moves individually. Mine is just styled into nine bundles spiraled together. Could it be he is Inari in diguise? In my time in Mane-ji I heard Inari took different forms to blend with the crowd and all..."

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Extra Data
PM
Doctor Whooves
 Posted: May 30 2014, 05:18 AM

Advanced Member

Hm... The Doctor would have to track Inari down. Get some answers. Go to that library. Then, perhaps figure out the singing. "I formally appreciate the information about my friend. I'm going to see if I can track him down. Thank you for your help, Kingin. Your paintings are quite exquisite." The Doctor finished the glass of water, and set it idly on a table. He walked to the door, and looked back at the stallion. "You may accompany me, if you wish. But do try and keep up. I cannot express my impatience with ponies who want to take it slow."

user posted image
PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: May 30 2014, 09:27 AM

Advanced Member

"I don't have much to do for now... Other than wait this layer dry. So, i'll close the shop for a while and take a walk too. It will also be a good opportunity to ask the neighbor if he is listening to his songs again-"

As he moved the needle of the disc player away from the disc, he realized something... "Odd... He doesn't listen to this kind of music... So.. Who was listener?". Afterwards, the unicorn followed the Doctor outside, closing the store and closing the metalic lattice gate behind them. A brief beep was heard from inside. "I can't have enough security. Not since the time they robbed a nearby ceramic store."

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Extra Data
PM
Doctor Whooves
 Posted: Jun 2 2014, 05:19 AM

Advanced Member

The Doctor watched him, silently. Something was going on. He didn't know what it was, but he'd keep an eye open. "Come along. We shall see if we can shed some light on this doppelganger of yours." And, if not, he could focus on the singing. Kingin was priority, but he was still interested.

"Someone robbed a ceramic store?" Didn't seem like a likely place to be stolen from. Then again, it wasn't likely that there'd be an actual Kingin, and yet, here the stallion was. The Doctor decided everything following this moment would need to be analyzed for priority to the situation. Whatever the situation may be.

user posted image
PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: Jun 2 2014, 11:31 AM

Advanced Member

"I didn't believe it neither. Ten Manejinese vases stolen, five Prench vases broken, four original pieces cracked and the other two gone missing. The guy felt wrecked for whole weeks, I and some other artists helped him afford a securitty equipment. The police has not found a single clue other than a note of hatred for Prench.", soon after he finished a public phone rang, "Hold on, it's for me.".

Kingin then answered the phone. "Hello, Kingin he- Eh? It's you... What? You have seen him AGAIN?! Is that shadow there? Not yet? I will be going! Thank you, Eagle Eye.".

"Doctor, a pegasus has sighted the doppelganger, at the park. I know a shortcut there, so follow me close.", and thus he darted into an alley, using the boxes and trash there to jump over a fence, making his way to the park.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Extra Data
PM
Doctor Whooves
 Posted: Jun 5 2014, 02:59 PM

Advanced Member

Hatred for the Prench. He was getting that feeling again. Somehow, all of this was connected. The dual Kingins, the singing, the Prench hating burglar, all of it. The Doctor was going to find out what was going on. So far, their only lead was the Kingin that he knew, so he'd follow this one to that one, and then learn what he could.

"Very well, lead the way." He was uncomfortable following anyone into danger. He preferred to be the one to jump in. But, he didn't know his way around this city, and wouldn't be able to find it enough time. So, he'd endure the heartache of being the follower.

user posted image
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll