Announcements
Start | Stop

Welcome to a world where love and friendship create the strongest of spells, and where an adventure can be found beyond every twist and turn. A world where all kinds of creatures find themselves in situations of a positively ludicrous nature, day after day, even! In such a world, where "normal" is relative, and mundane is anything but; what sort of journey will you find yourself on today?

• • •

Starting on the In-character date of Mid-June 2019, Journeys Across Equestria's first "Post Reboot" Story Arc will begin. When the latest Lunar Eclipse refuses to pass, Luna and Celestia find themselves cut off from the Moon and Realm of Dreams! Meanwhile, children everywhere are suddenly and inexplicably falling into a deep magical slumber, where they are tormented by terrible nightmares! Who, or what could possibly be responsible?!

To learn more about this upcoming event, please visit the Blood Moon Information and General Discussion thread in the Inn. If you want one or more of your characters to participate in this event, let us know here! The cutoff date for players who wish to participate in this event is May 11th, 2014.

• • •

In order to lessen spam and messages from bots, users are required to register a username for, and log into the Cbox in order to use it.

We are currently accepting Canon Character applications! A list of available characters can be found here, the thread to "claim" a character can be found here, and the audition thread itself can be found here.

Congratulations to JM95 for winning the role of Spike the Dragon, although this turn of events also means that he has voluntarily given up the role of Cheese Sandwich, putting him up for grabs along with all of the other available Canon Character roles.

As a reminder, if there are at least TWO auditions for the same character, a poll will be held within three days of the last audition made for that character. Additional auditions will be accepted at that time, but the deadline will not be extended. In three days after the poll has been started, the votes will be counted, and the winner will be announced, as with the old method.

To those of you that play Canon Characters: It is encouraged that you play your Canon Characters as often as you can, within reason. The JAE staff realizes that it can be more difficult to play certain characters in a day to day situation than others, (Such as one of the Princesses, in comparison to say... Pinkie Pie.) so in some cases, leniency is exercised. Still, it never hurts to make a thread that involves a character, that for once, doesn't involve the fate of Equestria hanging in the balance.

Journeys Across Equestria is a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Roleplay Forum set five years after the show. A 100 word count minimum for posts is enforced for all In-Character posts.

Our TVTropes Page: LINK

Date: June 2019 A.D (After Discord)
Current Events: Blood Moon
Description: When the Sisters are cut off from the Moon and the Realm of Dreams, a dark presence makes itself known in Equstria as children everywhere fall into a magically-induced slumber, plagued by terrible nightmares!
This site appears best in Chrome, Firefox and Opera browsers.

Our Affiliates
Equestrian LegendsWars of Equestria
The Fun Has Been Doubled!
Our Banner
Journeys Across Equestria: What stories will you discover on your travels?

Pages: (5) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Topic ClosedStart New TopicStart New Poll

Blood Moon: Nightmares [part 1a], [June 15th, 2019][Twilight][Open]
That Little Twerp
 Posted: May 11 2014, 02:34 AM

Administrator

Group: Admins
Member No.: 1

While the Blood Moon hangs overhead, even as the Sun rises into the sky, the Citizens of Equestria are thrown into a state of panic as their children begin to inexplicably fall into a deep magical slumber, tormented by nightmarish visions. We turn our attention to Ponyville, where Twilight Sparkle, Princess of Friendship, attempts to address the concerns of the townsfolk...

PM
Twilight Sparkle
 Posted: May 11 2014, 03:15 AM

Group: Canon Characters
Member No.: 78

"Everypony, please calm down! I know you're worried, but We're going to get to the bottom of this! Trust me, I wouldn't let anything harm your foals, and I will find a way to awaken them! Don't worry, the Blood Moon doesn't last forever, and Luna's powers should be returning soon." Twilight said as she flew over Ponyville. h didn't let even a trace of worry slip into her voice ans she looked at the panicking ponies beneath her. She couldn't afford to worry, not right now.

Calm down? Of course these ponies weren't calm! If she had a foal who'd fallen into such a sudden and deep sleep or if something had happened to Spike she'd probably be the same way! But as a Princes he had to keep order. Panic wouldn't help these foals or their parents, and somepony needed to tell them things would be alright.

Twilight felt her stomach churn with worry as she circled down to the ground for a landing. She had confidence that things would work out. After all, every challenge that had come her way before, she'd been able to take on with ingenuity, resolve, and most importantly support from her friends. That said though, the timing of all this just seemed too convenient. She didn't want to worry the townfolk with her suspicions, but something was stirring. She had a feeling whatever was going on had been planned for quite some time.
PM
JM95
 Posted: May 12 2014, 12:58 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4

Miss Blossom trotted at a brisk pace down the streets of Ponyville, making sure to avoid running into ponies along the way. She had gotten some information she really needed to tell Princess Twilight, for it would likely be essential in figuring out who or what was responsible for the nightmares the foals were having. She had been moving back and forth between the houses of a few of their students, and each one of them in their fits of nightmares mentioned a ram in their sleep-talk.

The pink mare narrowly avoided bumping into Bon Bon, but managed to just swerve around the candy shop owner.

C'mon... Miss Blossom thought as she pressed onward, Princess Twilight has to be somewhere...

Think of the Princess, and she shall come. Miss Blossom ended up just making it to where Twilight had landed.

"Princess Twilight!" Miss Blossom addressed the Princess. "I think I might have found a clue! I was just visiting a few of my students, and each one of them talked about a ram in their sleep. Do you think that this could mean something?"

PM
Twilight Sparkle
 Posted: May 12 2014, 01:47 PM

Twilight turned suddenly as she was approached. She didn't want to seem worried, but she didn't exactly have time to lose. She turned to face the tall earth pony who had called out to her. Of course, she probably wasn't the only one calling for Twillight's attention, the information she had and her unique position meant that this mare could have a clue as to what's going on.

"Miss Blossom, I'm glad you came to find me. I know you must be one of the most worried ponies in town"! She said walking up to the distressed schoolteacher with concern.

"Wait, all the children talked about a ram? Are you sure? Is there any chance, even a small one that they maybe could've seen a ram earlier; maybe on a field trip or in a picture book? If not... well things may be worse than I thought." Twilight said, the gears in her head already turning. She certainly hoped this was just a coincidence, but experience said otherwise.
PM
JM95
 Posted: May 12 2014, 02:08 PM

Advanced Member

Miss Blossom shook her head. "No, I can't think of any circumstances where those students would have seen a ram. I mean, they could have seen one at home at some point, but they were all upset about the same thing. I've just heard too many foals screaming about the same thing to truly believe it was some sort of coincidence."

Miss Blossom was about to open her mouth to say something else, but she heard footsteps waddling quickly towards Twilight. It was Spike, carrying a scroll. It had clearly been opened, as the seal was missing.

"Hey Twilight and Miss Blossom!" Spike shouted, out of breath and wheezing from running so fast. "I just got a letter from Shining Armor!" Spike handed the letter to Twilight, and then collapsed to his knees to catch his breath.
This is what the letter said:

Hey Twily,

I'm just sending you a letter to make sure you're safe, as well as to let you know that Cadance and I have not been harmed by what has been going on with the moon. Lots of foals in the Crystal Empire have been falling into a deep sleep filled with nightmares that they can't seem to get out of, and neither Cadance nor I know why this is happening. Are foals in Ponyville experiencing the same thing? If so, have you found any clues as to why it's happening?

If there is any threat to your safety in Ponyville or if you need any backup for investigations, just let me know and I shall contact the Royal Guard in Canterlot.

Love,
Your BBBFF

Miss Blossom took a step back. "So this is happening in the Crystal Empire, too? I don't think this is any old coincidence we're dealing with..."

PM
Twilight Sparkle
 Posted: May 12 2014, 02:57 PM

Twilight was just about to respond to Miss Blossom when Spike arrived. He was as dependable as always, even in the middle of all this. There were a lot of reasons Spike was her number one assistant, but this was definitely one of them. She wasted no time opening the letter and reading it aloud. While she didn't want to alarm anypony, she didn't see much reason to keep Miss Blossom in the dark, especially after she'd gone through so much trouble to come see her.While she was relieved that Her BBBFF and Princess Cadence were both alright, the rest of the letter made her heart sink a bit. So...Ponyville wan't the only place being affected.

"Thank You, Spike. Even if this news isn't all good, it's very important. Whenever you're ready I'd like to send a message back." She said, noting how exhausted Spike was. A few moments to catch his breath would probably be appreciated. With that she turned to Miss Blossom with a grave, but serious look in her eye.

"Unfortunately this letter and your findings both point to the same conclusion. Whatever's going on it was deliberate and widespread. It probably has something to do with the ram your students saw too. I still don't know why only foals are falling asleep, but whatever the reason we should get to the bottom of it." Twilight said with a twinge of sadness, but much more determination. Whatever was going on, she would take care of it. Who-or what-ever was behind this wouldn't get away with causing so much worry and panic. At least, not while she could stop it.

" Maybe we should go see one of the children. There might be more clues as to what's going on." She said, levitating spike onto her back. Checking with the foals seemed like a good plan at this point. After all they seemed to be the common factor.
PM
Yewknighted
 Posted: May 12 2014, 03:29 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 27

A wyvernic dracony was laying nearby, looking a little worse for the wear.She and been flying when the sleeping spell had struck. It was just her luck that she hadn't been flying too high, and so wasn't very hurt at all. Tiramisu twitched a little in her sleep, biting her lip a little. She didn't look at all comfortable. And that wasn't just because she was sleeping on dirt.

PM
JM95
 Posted: May 12 2014, 03:41 PM

Advanced Member

Miss Blossom nodded as Twilight picked up Spike and placed him on her back. "Yes, I can take you to Jelly Belly's house, he's one of my students." And with that, Miss Blossom started to trot down the street once again. She was only able to walk down the street and turn a corner before noticing a seemingly injured Dracony twitching in her sleep.

The pink schoolteacher knelt down and got a better look at the Dracony, a concerned look on her face that remained there when she looked back to Twilight. "This filly's hurt...And it seems she's having nightmares, too."

The semi-silence was broken when Spike began to mumble. He had suddenly fallen asleep, and he too did not look very comfortable. "W-who are you?" he groaned. "Are you the ram that Twilight and Miss Blossom were..." His mumble quieted down and became unintelligible.

Miss Blossom's eyes went wide. "The ram! Spike's mentioned it, too!"

PM
Twilight Sparkle
 Posted: May 12 2014, 04:05 PM

Twilight nodded with Blossom's statements, doing her own examination of the Dracony. She didn't seem too badly injured, at least not from what she could see. She rested Spike on the ground beside the Dracony and sighed.

"As much as I hate seeing the both of them suffer, maybe this can help us. We'll be able to Find out what's going on first-hoof. I just hope the two of them hang in there."
She said before looking over to Blossom.
"Miss Blossom, I'm going to teleport us to the library. We'll have a little more privacy there, and we can try to find out what's going on. Jelly Belly will just have to wait for now. The sooner we're able to find out what's wrong, the sooner we can help everypony." She said before her horn flashed and the library seemed to form around them. She quickly began to light a few candles to get a bit more light and looked over to Miss Blossom.

"I think one of us should examine them, and the other should look for any books involving rams and nightmares. Maybe this has happened before."
PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: May 12 2014, 04:39 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 26

"A ram... I see them too in every dream I visit..."

How long had Utopia been there listening? Ah, well, she just reacted to the scene. But when they teleported, she shivered visibly, still uneasy about teleportation. Should she... Yes, why not?!

And thus, the unicorn headed to the library, which was not so hard, having had late night walks to attend to ponies' dreams resulted in her having more time to learn about Ponyville.

"Miss Blossom, Princess Twilight. It's me, Dream Doctor Utopia. I couldn't help but overhear the situation and I think I can provide some help.", she called out while knocking on the door.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Moon Shard // Werewolf Pegasus // Colt
Sun Shard // Half-Vampony Unicorn // Filly
Utopia "Dream Reaper" // Unicorn // Mare
Kagerou // Eastern Dragon // Male
Xiaomai // Earth Qilin // Buck
Kingin // Unicorn // Stallion
Extra Data
Haretake - Kogane's bamboo sprout, planted in the garden behind her room, given by Dandelion. She personally cares of him at all times.
Kon-Kon - A Take Gitsune (Bamboo Fox). A small fox-like creature made of aged bamboo stalks, bulbs, brown-red bamboo leaves and with a pair of faintly glowing green for eyes, most likely a cub. After sneaking into Purple Cloud's saddlebag while she was in Mane-ji and causing her some trouble, he has now become Purple Cloud's pet, and has a thing for drinking her tea or eating fruits. All he says is what sounds like a "Kon!".
PM
JM95
 Posted: May 12 2014, 06:06 PM

Advanced Member

Miss Blossom trotted over and opened the door for Utopia. If Utopia really was able to enter ponies' dreams like she said she could, then she would surely know a bit more information than what Blossom and Twilight could ever get out of just listening to the victims' sleep-talking. Miss Blossom didn't know Utopia particularly well and still believed that only Luna was able to perform such magic, but she would give Utopia a chance.

Miss Blossom waved a quick hello to Utopia before returning to Twilight. "Well, we have somepony who can examine Spike and this little filly over here. I suppose we can hit the books, unless you think one of us should try to help Utopia."

Meanwhile, Spike twitched uncomfortably in his sleep. "No...You can't do this!" There was more indecipherable groaning and mumbling until his words became clear once again. "What's T-Tam-" his mumbling died down, and he slept quietly for a little while longer.

PM
Twilight Sparkle
 Posted: May 13 2014, 02:13 PM

Twilight gave a quick nod of appreciation to Utopia. She hadn't met a 'dream doctor' before, but any help right now was appreciated, and Utopia's talents seemed to be just what the doctor ordered.

"Thank You, Doctor Utopia. I'm glad you were able to find us here, we only recently arrived. If there's anything I can do to assist you, please let me know. By working together, I'm sure we can find out who or what is behind all of this." Twilight said, relived but resolved in her tone. She turned to Blossom with a determined glint in her eye

"Well, I'm not exactly experienced in dream magic, so I'm not exactly sure what Doctor Utopia would need in terms of assistance, or even if we can help her at all. For now, I think it' best if we let her do the dream examination while we stick with observation and research. That is unless, You or Doctor Utopia's have any objections?" She asked, waiting to see if anypony there had a different idea. If not she quickly began levitating the oldest books she could think of from their shelves. It was time to get to work.

"I think we should work quickly, while they're resting peacefully. The sooner we find the solution the sooner their suffering ends. Here, let's try to find anything starting with 'Tam' I can't be sure, but I believe it's probably a name." Twilight said, cracking open a book and beginning her search.
PM
Tsukiko
 Posted: May 13 2014, 02:56 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 26

"I don't need much, really. First, I'm gonna watch their dreams from here. If things changes for worse, I will hop in and cut their dream short to wake them up. So, what would be of use for help... Scents! Soothing scents are needed to help the treatment!".

Following that, a magic cloak and scythe appeared, as she made their dream worlds visible not only for her but also for the others too. "I don't know how much energy I have left though... I must be careful with my use... Or else I will be the one stuck in slumber."

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Moon Shard // Werewolf Pegasus // Colt
Sun Shard // Half-Vampony Unicorn // Filly
Utopia "Dream Reaper" // Unicorn // Mare
Kagerou // Eastern Dragon // Male
Xiaomai // Earth Qilin // Buck
Kingin // Unicorn // Stallion
Extra Data
Haretake - Kogane's bamboo sprout, planted in the garden behind her room, given by Dandelion. She personally cares of him at all times.
Kon-Kon - A Take Gitsune (Bamboo Fox). A small fox-like creature made of aged bamboo stalks, bulbs, brown-red bamboo leaves and with a pair of faintly glowing green for eyes, most likely a cub. After sneaking into Purple Cloud's saddlebag while she was in Mane-ji and causing her some trouble, he has now become Purple Cloud's pet, and has a thing for drinking her tea or eating fruits. All he says is what sounds like a "Kon!".
PM
JM95
 Posted: May 16 2014, 08:43 AM

Advanced Member

Miss Blossom took a step back as the dream worlds of Spike and Tiramisu flickered into view. It was far too shadowy in the projections to really make out anything clear, but faint voices could be heard. Some were easily identifiable as those of foals, but another, nasally voice that clearly belonged to an adult could be heard shouting at them.

"G̩̩ͬe̩̩̩t̩̩͌ ̩̩ͫa̩̩͡ ̩̘̩̩̩̋᷁m̩̩͐o̩̦̩v̩̩̎e̩̩͑ ̩̩ͮǒ̩̩n̩̩ͅ!̩͇̩ ̩̩̐" the voice glitched in and out. A scraggly-looking donkey wearing a coif faded briefly into view, but faded out again. Dark towers would occasionally come into view, but otherwise didn't seem too important. A few whimpers were then heard, and that is when the very foggy visage of a blue ram flickered in. It flickered out nearly as quickly as it had come in.

Miss Blossom's eyes went wide. "Did you see that?!" she nearly shouted. "That's the ram!" She made a quick trot to a bookshelf, pulling out a history book to see if she could find anything about the blue ram in it.

PM
Twilight Sparkle
 Posted: May 16 2014, 01:09 PM

Twilight looked at the dream Utopia was projecting. This was a great help, she'd been expect to just listen to the pair and hope they said something of use. getting an actual visual was going to help their progress by leaps and bounds.

Twilight flew upstairs and came to a cupboard, retrieving a vial full of peppermint extract. She hoped it would be sufficient for Utopia's needs, but she wasn't exactly an expert on scents. Maybe Rarity would be able to lend a hoof there, but Twilight would simply have to make do on her own....with a momentary pause she grabbed a vial of lavender as well before flying back down. It was best to be safe.

"I brought a couple vials of extract for you, Utopia. I hope these scents will work." She said. uncorking the lavender and wafting the scent toward them with her wingtips. As she set the vial down she notices Blossom's efforts, instantly glad she'd brought the mare along.

"If you're looking for the Blue Ram, I'll try to keep an eye out for the donkey. I know it's probably not as important, but we can't afford to ignore even the smallest clue." She said as she levitated a few of her older tomes over. She'd look for the ram too, of course, but it was best to cover all their bases.
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (5) 1 2 3 ... Last » Topic ClosedStart New TopicStart New Poll