Announcements
Start | Stop

Welcome to a world where love and friendship create the strongest of spells, and where an adventure can be found beyond every twist and turn. A world where all kinds of creatures find themselves in situations of a positively ludicrous nature, day after day, even! In such a world, where "normal" is relative, and mundane is anything but; what sort of journey will you find yourself on today?

• • •

Starting on the In-character date of Mid-June 2019, Journeys Across Equestria's first "Post Reboot" Story Arc will begin. When the latest Lunar Eclipse refuses to pass, Luna and Celestia find themselves cut off from the Moon and Realm of Dreams! Meanwhile, children everywhere are suddenly and inexplicably falling into a deep magical slumber, where they are tormented by terrible nightmares! Who, or what could possibly be responsible?!

To learn more about this upcoming event, please visit the Blood Moon Information and General Discussion thread in the Inn. If you want one or more of your characters to participate in this event, let us know here! The cutoff date for players who wish to participate in this event is May 11th, 2014.

• • •

In order to lessen spam and messages from bots, users are required to register a username for, and log into the Cbox in order to use it.

We are currently accepting Canon Character applications! A list of available characters can be found here, the thread to "claim" a character can be found here, and the audition thread itself can be found here.

Congratulations to JM95 for winning the role of Spike the Dragon, although this turn of events also means that he has voluntarily given up the role of Cheese Sandwich, putting him up for grabs along with all of the other available Canon Character roles.

As a reminder, if there are at least TWO auditions for the same character, a poll will be held within three days of the last audition made for that character. Additional auditions will be accepted at that time, but the deadline will not be extended. In three days after the poll has been started, the votes will be counted, and the winner will be announced, as with the old method.

To those of you that play Canon Characters: It is encouraged that you play your Canon Characters as often as you can, within reason. The JAE staff realizes that it can be more difficult to play certain characters in a day to day situation than others, (Such as one of the Princesses, in comparison to say... Pinkie Pie.) so in some cases, leniency is exercised. Still, it never hurts to make a thread that involves a character, that for once, doesn't involve the fate of Equestria hanging in the balance.

Journeys Across Equestria is a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Roleplay Forum set five years after the show. A 100 word count minimum for posts is enforced for all In-Character posts.

Our TVTropes Page: LINK

Date: June 2019 A.D (After Discord)
Current Events: Blood Moon
Description: When the Sisters are cut off from the Moon and the Realm of Dreams, a dark presence makes itself known in Equstria as children everywhere fall into a magically-induced slumber, plagued by terrible nightmares!
This site appears best in Chrome, Firefox and Opera browsers.

Our Affiliates
Equestrian LegendsWars of Equestria
The Fun Has Been Doubled!
Our Banner
Journeys Across Equestria: What stories will you discover on your travels?

Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

Oh No..., {OPEN}
Fluttershy
 Posted: May 30 2014, 05:14 AM

Group: Canon Characters
Member No.: 64

This was not right at all... Oh no... Oh no, oh no... What was Fluttershy going to do? She hadn't read the map right. And then she lost the map. And now she was in a desert. And now she was going to die! She was going to die out in the desert and Angel was going to starve, and none of her friends were ever going to see her again!

Fluttershy sat in the sand, trying desperately not to cry. All she had wanted was to go to Zebrica like the invitation said, and get to see some exotic animals at the facility, and maybe take some home. But now she was in a desert, alone, lost, never to return to the ponies she loved! Oh no... It's all over... I might as well be in a coffin right now... Here lies Fluttershy, the stupid mare who lost the map and got lost in a desert!

user posted image
PM
JM95
 Posted: May 30 2014, 05:41 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4

Fluttershy would soon hear the playing of a lute out in the distance, and it was coming closer. As the sound approached, she would soon hear singing mingled in with it. She would soon see a large griffon slowly flapping his way across the desert, barely able to keep himself off the ground with all the canteens he was carrying and all the scarves he had wrapped around himself. However, he soon stopped singing when he caught the sight of her sitting alone in the sand. He put his lute away and quietly approached Fluttershy.

"Bonjour, little pony!" he greeted her as he approached. He could see that Fluttershy looked rather down in the dumps, and he would simply not let her leave without a smile on her face! "Are you lost? Do not fear if you are, for the Great Gourmand is here to help!" He emphasized the saying of his name by putting his talons over his chest.

PM
Fluttershy
 Posted: May 30 2014, 10:00 AM

Oh no, oh no, oh-Oh... Was that music? Fluttershy looked around, and saw a griffon approach her. Maybe he could help her! She listened patiently, and smiled afterwards. Anyone with Great in their name had to be able to help in some way. Maybe not the Great and Powerful Trixie. She was a little mean... O-Only a little! Hopefully that wasn't mean of Fluttershy.

"Um, bonjour, my name is Fluttershy. I-I was trying to head to Zebrica. I got a letter in the mail saying that I was invited to a facility there to see exotic animals and learn more about them. But, I took a wrong turn, or three, and then I lost the map, and now I have no idea where I am... Please help me, Gourmand." Fluttershy looked at him with big, sad, pleading eyes.

user posted image
PM
JM95
 Posted: May 30 2014, 11:43 AM

Advanced Member

Gourmand nodded. "Of course! I was just parking my ship nearby so I could try to find some desert roses. They're a delicacy, you know. But you're far more in a predicament than I am, so why don't we head to my ship and get you to Zebrica, no?"

Suddenly, it clicked in his head who this mare was. Butterfly cutie mark, long pink mane...It had to be! "Say..." said Gourmand, "...Aren't you Fluttershy? The Fluttershy who was the Element of Kindness and is friends with Princess Twilight herself?"

Gourmand hoped he was right, and if he was right that this was indeed Fluttershy, this would be the first famous pony who had the opportunity of being aboard his ship-slash-tavern! Suddenly the pressure was on...He would have to work really hard to impress her with his excellent service and piloting skills! He knew that those with fame could go either way: They could either be absolutely humble and understanding, or they could have let the fame get to their head and became quite huffy and demanding! Gourmand sure had his work cut out for him!

"If you want to come aboard my ship, all you have to do is follow me!"

PM
Fluttershy
 Posted: Jun 2 2014, 05:24 AM

Desert roses sounded nice... Much nicer than talking about her own fame. It was hard to find anypony nowadays that didn't know who she was, either by her own actions, or out of association with Twilight. Fluttershy was still unsure of how much she liked all of the attention. They didn't bother her while she was out at her cottage, so, at least there was that. But, this griffon seemed nice enough.

"Um, y-yes, that's me. And, I'd very much appreciate it if you could help me get to Zebrica. I don't know if I have enough bits to repay you for something like this..." The idea that somebody would do this simply for her being her was an utter impossibility for the shy mare.

user posted image
PM
JM95
 Posted: Jun 3 2014, 07:38 AM

Advanced Member

Gourmand smiled. It was really her! He had met several famous chefs and celebrities, but Fluttershy would be the first ever to ride in his ship with him! This was going to be so awesome!

The griffon adjusted the strap on his bag he was using to collect desert roses. "You do not have to pay a single bit, Dame Fluttershy, this flight is on the house!" The griffon offered Fluttershy one of his many canteens, and if the mare did indeed take it, she would find that it was filled with some of the most refreshing cactus juice in all of Saddle Arabia. Gourmand hadn't made the juice himself, but he knew quality food and beverage like the back of his claw and found a horse who was an expert cactus-juicer.

"Yes, this flight is all courtesy of me," said Gourmand as he slid down a sand dune, using his wings for balance. "I'm not about the money unless my competitors down at the Mimosa Sunrise start to rain on my parade, and it doesn't matter whether you are rich, poor, famous, or obscure! I am a griffon of smiles and-" Gourmand fell on his face, accidentally getting a mouthful of sand in his beak. He spit it out, coughing a few times before finishing where he had left off. "I am a griffon of smiles and satisfaction, sans nul doute!" He quickly swished some of his own canteen of cactus juice around in his beak, just to make sure there was no sand left.

PM
Fluttershy
 Posted: Jun 9 2014, 11:36 AM

Fluttershy took the canteen graciously, and drank from it. It tasted a little different than she had expected, but, she wasn't going to turn down this kind griffon's generosity. She drank what she needed, and closed it up, in time to watch the griffon slide down an incline of sand. She spread her wings, and took a slow glide down. Her eyes widened whenever he fell right on his face. She was going to ask him if he was alright, but he hopped back up, as if nothing had happened. It reminded her of one of her friends...

She watched him swish around the cactus juice, unsure of what to say about anything. Fluttershy knew she had to say something. It was rude to leave someone in silence like this. "Well, it's nice to meet a griffon who is so kind and generous. I know my own history with griffons hasn't been the best, so, it's nice to know you aren't all the same!"

user posted image
PM
JM95
 Posted: Jun 10 2014, 06:40 AM

Advanced Member

Gourmand swallowed his cactus juice and let out a chuckle. "Of course we're not all the same! There are good ponies and bad ponies, good zebras and bad zebras, good musk oxen and bad musk oxen! Though all the musk oxen I've met were pretty smelly..."

Gourmand and Fluttershy would soon find themselves trekking up another sand dune, and once they were at the peak they would see a silver zeppelin parked out in the distance. The sun was reflecting off of it, giving it an almost white appearance.

"Haha! There's my ship!" Gourmand called out. Right after that, there was the faint sound of an explosion in the distance, and smoke rose from the airship. Gourmand's jaw hit the sand.

"Zut alors!" the griffon squawked, bounding towards his ship.

PM
Fluttershy
 Posted: Jun 17 2014, 12:47 PM

Fluttershy nodded along with the griffon, mainly keeping up with him and trying to listen along. And then, they came upon the zeppelin. Fluttershy had to admit, it was quite nice. It had a-Oh my... Well... It was nice. Oh dear. Fluttershy didn't even have to look at Gourmand to know that he was freaking out. She didn't have to hear him either. But, she saw and heard him, and watched him take off towards it. Fluttershy trotted hurriedly after the griffon.

This might postpone her trip to Zebrica. Poor little animals.

Maybe she should focus on herself, being trapped out in the middle of the desert. Poor little Fluttershy?

user posted image
PM
JM95
 Posted: Jun 22 2014, 05:45 PM

Advanced Member

Gourmand flapped over to his ship, coughing as smoke entered his lungs. The ship's door opened, and a turbaned horse covered in charred black ashes stumbled out. He was coughing, too, and fell forward onto the sand.

"Engine's shot," the horse wheezed before coughing again.

Gourmand put his scarf up around his beak to keep the smoke out. "What happened, Mr. Gears? I know my ship's engine was old, but I don't know how stopping to re-fuel would cause it to blow out."

"I test-ran the engine after I fueled the ship up," the horse coughed. "And it seems to have just had it. I can get you a new engine, but it might take me several hours to pull one over and install it into your ship."

Gourmand nodded, and then turned to Fluttershy. "Well, it looks like we're stuck here for a few hours. My ship is in no condition to fly right now, but a new engine for it should be ready in a few hours. The nearest town isn't too far off, would you like to stop and rest there for the time being?"

PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll